Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My heart is heavy today.  I found out this morning that one of my closest TX friends passed away suddenly a few days ago. Recently, she laughed when I told her she was a new friend of mine, of only 20 years.

She was found on the floor by a friend who had her key.  She was rushed to the hospital and passed away 3 days later. The friend who found her did not have my contact info but she was able to call someone who alerted me today. 

The only chronic ailment she had was asthma (that I knew of).  I have no idea what the cause of death was but it really doesn't much matter.  She's gone forever. Tomorrow is a memorial service for her.  In life, she chose to be cremated when the time came, as was her husband a few years ago.  They had no children and doted on their nieces, nephews and their grandnieces and grandnephews. They were world travelers after retirement from gov't careers.  They also visited every single U.S. presidential library.   Asia, Scandanavia, Australia, France were their playgrounds.  True cultural history buffs. I love you Cheri. I'm devastated. I'll miss our many phone calls, our laughter, our yummy lunches.  YOU were the ultimate mah jongg queen. I'll miss you forever.

If you have a good friend you haven't spoken to in awhile, give her/him a call and smile together.

I knew this was a safe place to come in and "talk".

So sorry for your loss. I have no words other than to echo what everyone else said.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My heart is heavy today.  I found out this morning that one of my closest TX friends passed away suddenly a few days ago. Recently, she laughed when I told her she was a new friend of mine, of only 20 years.

She was found on the floor by a friend who had her key.  She was rushed to the hospital and passed away 3 days later. The friend who found her did not have my contact info but she was able to call someone who alerted me today. 

The only chronic ailment she had was asthma (that I knew of).  I have no idea what the cause of death was but it really doesn't much matter.  She's gone forever. Tomorrow is a memorial service for her.  In life, she chose to be cremated when the time came, as was her husband a few years ago.  They had no children and doted on their nieces, nephews and their grandnieces and grandnephews. They were world travelers after retirement from gov't careers.  They also visited every single U.S. presidential library.   Asia, Scandanavia, Australia, France were their playgrounds.  True cultural history buffs. I love you Cheri. I'm devastated. I'll miss our many phone calls, our laughter, our yummy lunches.  YOU were the ultimate mah jongg queen. I'll miss you forever.

If you have a good friend you haven't spoken to in awhile, give her/him a call and smile together.

I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of Cheri.  Sending you a big hug (((((( 💗))))))

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Very sorry to hear that Bonnie. I am glad you let your heart out here.

Prayers of comfort for you. Hugs.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

This is very sad. I’m very sorry for your loss. 

You all deserve a personal thank you for your thoughtful comments of condolence for Cheri who btw was 72 years young.

@dani negreanuDani, @bobmaclibertyBob, @A&L_OntAndrew, 

@h20skibumMark, @akcruzApril, @grapau27Graham,

@NHProudJudy, @Sea DogGreg, @derorimJoy,  

@TravelGirlinDallasBethany, @KeksieKaren, @DaniDanielleMarietta,

@LuckynanaMaryann, @aussielozzie18, @lenquixote66Lenny,

@jmh2006Jennifer, @singinalotChrystal, @HBE4

@Sunshine3601Debbie, @Arzeena, @#55worktoplayDorothy

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 11

I have a reservation/royal website question for those who know......

Why is my reservation saying "You are linked to YourDH"? I have not linked any reservation to My Dh. We are both passengers on this reservation. Happening only on this one reservation.

• Haha 1

I am many pages behind and I still have to go back and catch up, but I wanted to address a couple of recent posts first.

@grapau27 

Graham, congratulations 🥂🍾💐 to you and Pauline on your anniversary!!

What a lovely anniversary dinner for such a lovely couple. 

@BonTexasNY

Bonnie, I am soo sorry about the loss of your very dear friend. 

((💗)) and 🙏🏼 

Sue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, sgmn said:

Today  (Wednesday) is day four from symptoms and each day I'm feeling better, though after going for a short walk to the end of the road yesterday I felt pretty tired. 

More importantly little Isaac is in hospital again. Last night was the third night. They are concerned about his  oxygen levels and want to monitor them particularly when he's sleeping. 

Hopefully he'll be released today 

@sgmn

Oh dear, I hope you and Baby Isaac will get well soon.

🙏🏼

Sue

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, CrzLvr2 said:

I am many pages behind and I still have to go back and catch up, but I wanted to address a couple of recent posts first.

@grapau27 

Graham, congratulations 🥂🍾💐 to you and Pauline on your anniversary!!

What a lovely anniversary dinner for such a lovely couple. 

@BonTexasNY

Bonnie, I am soo sorry about the loss of your very dear friend. 

((💗)) and 🙏🏼 

Sue

Many thanks, Sue!

My condolences to Bonnie @Bonteachesfor the loss of your dear friend   My thoughts and prayers are with you.  And for @sgmn ‘s grandson Isaac and for your recovery from Covid.

This morning’s gift to us as we approach our day in Waterford(Dunmore), Ireland

IMG_9108.thumb.jpeg.6298318b4996f043e8422c6bea19543b.jpeg

IMG_9105.thumb.jpeg.d80a81f13551ea36be30fd9b92311b53.jpeg

Edited by FromSea2ShiningSea
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 4

21 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ahh, poor little Isaac.  So sad to see little ones suffer.   Hopefully they find a resolution soon.  Sending prayers and positive thoughts for you and Isaac.🙏🦋💐

Thanks Debbie, he was released late yesterday so home last night.  Think if he gets a virus it causes wheezing which affects his oxygen levels

• Like 11

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm truly sorry Bonnie for the sudden loss of your good friend. 

You wrote a beautiful loving eulogy to her, she sounds a lovely lady.

RIP Cheri 🙏 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

My condolences to Bonnie @Bonteachesfor the loss of your dear friend   My thoughts and prayers are with you.  And for @sgmn ‘s grandson Isaac and for your recovery from Covid.

This morning’s gift to us as we approach our day in Waterford(Dunmore), Ireland

IMG_9108.thumb.jpeg.6298318b4996f043e8422c6bea19543b.jpeg

IMG_9105.thumb.jpeg.d80a81f13551ea36be30fd9b92311b53.jpeg

Thank you for your kind good wishes for Isaac and for your beautiful pictures 

I'm glad you're having a great holiday 

Edited by sgmn