Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Wishing all who post here a very pleasant day!

I have been reading about the various medical issues affecting some of us here.

Hoping those affected with recent health challenges are able to get better and improve their situations.

Regarding BP meds-I was prescribed by our family Dr, Amlodipine for years for slightly elevated BP. I also experienced swollen ankles.

I thought that might have been caused by needing to loose weight, salty foods, need for more exercise, heat and humidity.

But, when I tried to rectify those apparent causes of the swelling, I still had swollen ankles.

I first saw a Cardiologist about two years ago. He was concerned about my ankles and proceeded to change the BP meds to a small dose of Metropol.

Viola!

No more swollen ankles even after indulging in some salty food on a hot and humid day-hot dogs at a ballgame for example.

Just my insight into a side effect of Amlodipine . YMMV

Hoping all here are feeling safe and loved today.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Wishing all who post here a very pleasant day!

I have been reading about the various medical issues affecting some of us here.

Hoping those affected with recent health challenges are able to get better and improve their situations.

Regarding BP meds-I was prescribed by our family Dr, Amlodipine for years for slightly elevated BP. I also experienced swollen ankles.

I thought that might have been caused by needing to loose weight, salty foods, need for more exercise, heat and humidity.

But, when I tried to rectify those apparent causes of the swelling, I still had swollen ankles.

I first saw a Cardiologist about two years ago. He was concerned about my ankles and proceeded to change the BP meds to a small dose of Metropol.

Viola!

No more swollen ankles even after indulging in some salty food on a hot and humid day-hot dogs at a ballgame for example.

Just my insight into a side effect of Amlodipine . YMMV

Hoping all here are feeling safe and loved today.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Amlodipine is notorious for causing ankle swelling.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Amlodipine is notorious for causing ankle swelling.

That's good to know as I take that med. My ankles don't swell up on home but anytime I cruise I get Fred Flintstone feet.

IMG_1193.thumb.jpeg.5bce4c3edbe52f89e751c48273c4afbb.jpeg

Sorry for the pic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's good to know as I take that med. My ankles don't swell up on home but anytime I cruise I get Fred Flintstone feet.

IMG_1193.thumb.jpeg.5bce4c3edbe52f89e751c48273c4afbb.jpeg

Sorry for the pic.

Same here ,  feet and ankles were so bad I went to doctor right after last cruise. Did final payment for our harmony cruise in November yesterday. This will be our 20th rccl cruise.

Edited by George C
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Today was a teacher in-service day, so we had our two local grandkids from 7-5.  School starts tomorrow for them. 

Took them out to breakfast, then back to their house so they could make some cookies for their lunches this week.  

IMG_8742.thumb.jpeg.a600bd70ead54cd278a9fdf97e8882e3.jpeg

I think they need to work on a more even distribution of those chocolate chips.  If you like lots of chips, some of these would be just right

IMG_8743.thumb.jpeg.ab597455b76f805d73ce792ab1072408.jpeg

Since it was a nice sunny day, we picked up some subs for lunch and spent time at the beach this afternoon. 

11 hours ago, taznremmy said:

@h20skibum  Save me one with lots of chips. 😂

They are the greatest/smartest Grandkids ever.  How do I know this… no raisins.😋

• Haha 10

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

RCI is absolutely out of control. I just priced a OVB on Oasis for Feb 2025. It was almost $4000.00 and the real kicker was that the refundable surcharge was $1075.00.🫨🫨🫨

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Come with us to Bella2....The guy on the beach as usual has excellent refundable deals.

Dani beat me to it.  You can still get a good refundable price for Wonder in February of 2025! 

• Like 5

On 8/20/2023 at 1:44 PM, grapau27 said:

When I sold pharmacy products pill cutters were popular.

Maybe your pharmacist will either cut them for you or sell you a pill cutter.

I have a pill cutter, but the shape of the Losartan makes it a challenge. And they’re tiny!
I turned 90 into 180 last week while watching Jeopardy. They’re just not exactly halves. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

RCI is absolutely out of control. I just priced a OVB on Oasis for Feb 2025. It was almost $4000.00 and the real kicker was that the refundable surcharge was $1075.00.🫨🫨🫨

Surcharge or deposit.  Thought that refundable deposit only changed the size of the deposit.

40 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

A Happy Anniversary Toast to you, Graham and Pauline @grapau27.  I hope you are having a wonderful day!  We had a fun full day in Liverpool.  

Cheers!  Kraken Coke & Peach Bellini

IMG_9893.thumb.jpeg.f0ec337fb07a502047f4904f4323d7dc.jpeg

Thank you.

I'm pleased you had a lovely time in Liverpool.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I like your complaint far better than the person who is complaining and started a thread about Celebrity ship not having whole tomatoes!🙄😁

And I will echo others in asking why not Bella 2? Just curious.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I have a pill cutter, but the shape of the Losartan makes it a challenge. And they’re tiny!
I turned 90 into 180 last week while watching Jeopardy. They’re just not exactly halves. 

You can get different sized pill cutters.

The pharmacy should advise the right ones you need for the pills you need cutting.

• Like 3

@Sea Dog Greg, when I was diagnosed with Lymphedema, my ankles were much more swollen than yours.  Luckily no pain. I had to endure massages (which actually felt good) and bandaging my legs with "cloth bandages" like ace bandages from my toes to my knees, 2/3 times a week for a few months.  My legs were measured every few weeks to be sure swelling was going down. So far, Lymphedema gone for now!

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

That is a bummer.  Never tried it , still learning something new every day.

The refundable deposit is a kind of insurance, for which you pay more. Should you need to cancel up to 90 days before the cruise, you get your whole deposit back.

Then the "rules of cancellation" kick in, no matter which kind of deposit you had.

We always booked refundable for the peace of mind, even if we were 100% sure we'd take the cruise.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Sea Dog Greg, when I was diagnosed with Lymphedema, my ankles were much more swollen than yours.  Luckily no pain. I had to endure massages (which actually felt good) and bandaging my legs with "cloth bandages" like ace bandages from my toes to my knees, 2/3 times a week for a few months.  My legs were measured every few weeks to be sure swelling was going down. So far, Lymphedema gone for now!

Great news Bonnie. I need to ask my doctor about that. Weird thing it only happens on cruises. All the rich food, salt and drinks probably don't help.

18 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

@Keksie The shawl is exquisite. It will be a family heirloom!

IMG_3334.jpeg

I could just imagine what 987 PT appointments would look like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

56 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I like your complaint far better than the person who is complaining and started a thread about Celebrity ship not having whole tomatoes!🙄😁

And I will echo others in asking why not Bella 2? Just curious.

Ha, I had to go look for that one! Wow. Personally, I prefer cut-up tomatoes vs. the whole ones (cherry tomatoes) that can explode when you bite them.

• Haha 4