Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

@grapau27 I know it's tomorrow but I hope you and Pauline have a most wonderful Anniversary celebrating your love for one another. I hope you can do something fun and toast to all the good years past, present and future. Cheers to both of you!

Greg

Thank you Greg for your nice words.

Pauline was 19 I was 24.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220819_185615.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

A friend of mine is big on garlic. When we get together in the morning for coffee I cannot sit across the table from him. No idea how his patients tolerate it.

The DH can not tolerate garlic and onions.  We both really notice the smell on others since we don’t use it or even have anything in the house that contains it.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

The DH can not tolerate garlic and onions.  We both really notice the smell on others since we don’t use it or even have anything in the house that contains it.  

Heat from cooking seems to denature the compounds responsible for the smell. I like fried onions and cooked garlic bit raw with either is a no go.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

So lovely! Are you wearing it, or is the bride wearing it?

It is for the bride.  I am currently working on a different one for my dress.  My dress is a dark plum and as luck would have it I don't have one that will work.

• Like 6

I thought that things would slow down a little after my grandson returned to California.  Now, I am not so sure. 

Yesterday, after we got out of church, we made a quick run across the Ohio border to pick up a new Apple Watch for our son-in-law.  Then, we had to be back for an early afternoon football game.  Our granddaughter is on the cheer squad for the Peewee team.  They had her featured front and center, on the 50 yard line for the halftime show.  

IMG_6270.thumb.jpeg.3bbec2c69278a18b4023aa6ee8e704aa.jpeg

She did great, and showed off some of her flips.  Their team came away with a 30-8 win for the first game of the season.

I think I may have to start taking my real camera to the games, because the zoom on my iPhone 12 Pro just isn’t clear when zoomed.  Either that, or I am doing something wrong. 

• Like 20

3 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Do you put it in food or even cook it whole (which DH does often and says it is good like that).  Or do you take it raw?

I zap it in the microwave 30 seconds with a tablespoon of water in the bowl, making it easier to peel. Then mince for salad, or saute with onion in fry pan before adding eggs. I've read that the closer to raw, the more medicinal. Mince rather than crush to maybe keep milder taste. I put pretty much of it in soups, meatloaf, etc. My goal is to include it every day.

Edited by Etta1213
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I thought that things would slow down a little after my grandson returned to California.  Now, I am not so sure. 

Yesterday, after we got out of church, we made a quick run across the Ohio border to pick up a new Apple Watch for our son-in-law.  Then, we had to be back for an early afternoon football game.  Our granddaughter is on the cheer squad for the Peewee team.  They had her featured front and center, on the 50 yard line for the halftime show.  

IMG_6270.thumb.jpeg.3bbec2c69278a18b4023aa6ee8e704aa.jpeg

She did great, and showed off some of her flips.  Their team came away with a 30-8 win for the first game of the season.

I think I may have to start taking my real camera to the games, because the zoom on my iPhone 12 Pro just isn’t clear when zoomed.  Either that, or I am doing something wrong. 

Great picture of your granddaughter.  How cool that she is front and center.  Your heart must've been swelling with pride!

And so it begins.  Ryan will be playing with the HS Marching Band this Friday night for the first Football game of the Season.

• Like 10

After football, we had little time to relax before going to an outdoor concert. It featured a band that was very popular locally in the the early 70’s.  They never hit it big, but they did record under the Mercury label, and played for about 10 years. 

Although the band members live in different states, they do still have connections here.  Whenever they are back in this area, they get together and perform, and they maintain a huge following.  They played for nearly two hours. 

I can’t fathom how you could practice remotely, to put on such a great show. 

Susan and I even wandered off on a walk, and found these guys coming in to listen. 

IMG_8737.thumb.jpeg.964b0b13b765f9874afdb18ca47e368d.jpeg

• Like 17

Today was a teacher in-service day, so we had our two local grandkids from 7-5.  School starts tomorrow for them. 

Took them out to breakfast, then back to their house so they could make some cookies for their lunches this week.  

IMG_8742.thumb.jpeg.a600bd70ead54cd278a9fdf97e8882e3.jpeg

I think they need to work on a more even distribution of those chocolate chips.  If you like lots of chips, some of these would be just right

IMG_8743.thumb.jpeg.ab597455b76f805d73ce792ab1072408.jpeg

Since it was a nice sunny day, we picked up some subs for lunch and spent time at the beach this afternoon. 

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

My dear friend Lois will be 92 this November.  She exercises in her pool, plays bocci, and drinks her wine at 4:00 daily.  She is my role model!😊

Wow, what an inspiration 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Greg for your nice words.

Pauline was 19 I was 24.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220819_185615.jpg

Graham and Pauline,

A beautiful couple then and a beautiful couple now.

It's officially "tomorrow" so have a fabulous, wonderful Anniversary, Wishing you many more years of good health, love and joy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1