Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

42 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Avoid booking Freedom of the Seas for following weeks:

Week 1: March 04 – March 08, 2024
Week 2: March 11 – March 15, 2024

College Party Spring Break cruises.

Better the same week in 2025. I have it booked. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope all went well with Jack's Dentist appt. today

It did, Debbie, thank you for asking.  Dentist said he should have taken care of it sooner and now thankfully no chance of further infection.

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Cheri definitely did!  She also wanted both you and Jack to be there together.❤️

You mentioned that we should call our friends that we haven't spoken to in quite some time.  Today is my dear friends' Birthday, and I always call her on her Birthday every year...unfortunately, that's almost the only time we talk.  The first thing she told me was that she was "old".  I told her I'm always older than her, since we're 8 days apart, and we grew up together living next door to each other.    Anyway, she has had many health issues for years now, and today she told me she now sees a Neurologist, and he put her on a Dementia medicine.  I'm so glad today is her Birthday...

Maryann thank you so much and how wonderful you keep in touch with your dear friend. Birthday calls are so special. I hope  her dementia medication works and slows the memory loss progression.

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

heading to NYC Sun-Wed. Anything anyone wants to see? 

Anyplace, anywhere, anything!!  Have a blast.  If you get to Chinatown, Wo Hop on Mott Street is not to be missed.  I remember you posted a wonderful NYC report some time ago.  I'm ready for more.  You never disappoint.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

It did, Debbie, thank you for asking.  Dentist said he should have taken care of it sooner and now thankfully no chance of further infection.

Maryann thank you so much and how wonderful you keep in touch with your dear friend. Birthday calls are so special. I hope  her dementia medication works and slows the memory loss progression.

Anyplace, anywhere, anything!!  Have a blast.  If you get to Chinatown, Wo Hop on Mott Street is not to be missed.  I remember you posted a wonderful NYC report some time ago.  I'm ready for more.  You never disappoint.

I prefer the Peking duck house also on Mott St , it was Mayor Koch favorite restaurant and I saw him in there a few times, back in the 70’s and early 80’s .

just got back from a very cool concert by Ginny Mac the most unique performer we ever saw , great voice plays piano and the accordion, sings everything from Western swing to steely Dan, to opera to James Bond songs , she will be playing lots of places in Dfw including the state fair. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have a neighbor selling their house since their Husband passed away in July and she cannot stand being in the home and passing by the bedroom where he died.     

The listing was posted online this morning and our street has been non-stop traffic all day.    Eric said there must have been at least 50 people walking thru the house while I was at work.    

She told another neighbor she wants to sell quick so she listed the house about $50K under market value.     With this many people checking out the home they will probably end up in a bidding war and sell for over market value.    

Hopefully the traffic slows down for the evening soon.

A sad reason to sell. 

When mum died in 2019 we had a tenant in (mum was in a care home) . By the time probate was granted we decided to wait till spring 2020 before selling as the garden and orchards would look their best with spring flowers and blossoms . Of course covid hit and to protect tenants there was a law passed that they could be not be asked to leave for six months.  There was huge pent up demand and we actually got a firm offer before it officially went on sale, and three other firm offers the first day it went on sale.

Now it's completely different, with high interest rates prices are falling, and its a buyers market

• Like 4

9 hours ago, George C said:

I prefer the Peking duck house also on Mott St , it was Mayor Koch favorite restaurant and I saw him in there a few times, back in the 70’s and early 80’s .

just got back from a very cool concert by Ginny Mac the most unique performer we ever saw , great voice plays piano and the accordion, sings everything from Western swing to steely Dan, to opera to James Bond songs , she will be playing lots of places in Dfw including the state fair. 

Wo Hop had the best Chinese food I ever had.  We had to wait on line to get in.  Real physical on line, NOT on a computer. 😉   I never heard of Peking Duck House but I know Chinatown never disappoints for fabulous food.  

Have you ever been to Little Italy for the famous San Genarro Festival also in Lower Manhattan?  I was there twice and it was amazing.  I grew up so close and after I moved, I often wondered why I didn't get there more often.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Wo Hop had the best Chinese food I ever had.  We had to wait on line to get in.  Real physical on line, NOT on a computer. 😉   I never heard of Peking Duck House but I know Chinatown never disappoints for fabulous food.  

Have you ever been to Little Italy for the famous San Genarro Festival also in Lower Manhattan?  I was there twice and it was amazing.  I grew up so close and after I moved, I often wondered why I didn't get there more often.

The first time i took Shelagh to New York City ( late 80’s before we were married) we went to that festival In little Italy , I believe close to a million people were there , she is from a very small city in western New York (Attica) she thought Dallas was a big city . She totally loved New York but didn’t want to leave my side. 
   We also waited on line one time in the snow to get in Peking duck restaurant and mayor Koch was leaving he told everyone it’s worth the wait. 

• Like 4

We are finally home.  Sorry for any birthdays, anniversaries, illnesses, etc I may have missed.  It was my intention to keep up with at least reading the thread each night before bed, but I ended up just crashing every night.
We flew home from Orlando yesterday and were pleasantly surprised to find a cloudy, 70 degree day.  What a welcome relief after 14 straight days of mid-90’s and sunny with very little rain.  I know mid-90’s is nothing compared to what others are experiencing around the country, but it was tough walking around amusement parks all day in that heat.  My activity data shows we averaged about 8 miles per day walking.  It was 

a great family vacation though and after eating out every single meal, plus wine or cocktails every night, I really need to detox! I’m looking forward to some healthy, home cooked dinners.  And keeping up with the thread 🙂!IMG_9600.thumb.jpeg.61749d725b84a309560a10573417d06a.jpeg

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 33

52 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We are finally home.  Sorry for any birthdays, anniversaries, illnesses, etc I may have missed.  It was my intention to keep up with at least reading the thread each night before bed, but I ended up just crashing every night.
We flew home from Orlando yesterday and were pleasantly surprised to find a cloudy, 70 degree day.  What a welcome relief after 14 straight days of mid-90’s and sunny with very little rain.  I know mid-90’s is nothing compared to what others are experiencing around the country, but it was tough walking around amusement parks all day in that heat.  My activity data shows we averaged about 8 miles per day walking.  It was 

a great family vacation though and after eating out every single meal, plus wine or cocktails every night, I really need to detox! I’m looking forward to some healthy, home cooked dinners.  And keeping up with the thread 🙂!IMG_9600.thumb.jpeg.61749d725b84a309560a10573417d06a.jpeg

Great family picture, looks like you have a few to frame from your trip.

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Beautiful family and I bet worth enduring all that heat to be together.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Nice family photo.

It has been sunny and 70°F here today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

DumDums are lollipops.  They come in many flavors and you can find them in banks and other such places for the kiddies.  They are allergen free which helps me and I love them, especially cotton candy and bubble gum!!!

No lollipops in any banks where I live .The only freebies sometimes are pens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dumdums were a staple in our house when our daughter was growing up.  I myself am a lollypop snob and prefer See's lollys and Chocolate Tootsie Roll Pops.  I have to admit to sneaking in a butterscotch dumdum when it pops up.

I remember chocolate tootsie roll pops.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Cheri definitely did!  She also wanted both you and Jack to be there together.❤️

You mentioned that we should call our friends that we haven't spoken to in quite some time.  Today is my dear friends' Birthday, and I always call her on her Birthday every year...unfortunately, that's almost the only time we talk.  The first thing she told me was that she was "old".  I told her I'm always older than her, since we're 8 days apart, and we grew up together living next door to each other.    Anyway, she has had many health issues for years now, and today she told me she now sees a Neurologist, and he put her on a Dementia medicine.  I'm so glad today is her Birthday...

31 years ago one of my co-workers had to quit her job because she needed a heart transplant and a lung transplant.She was one of the nicest people I ever worked with.It was a very sad day when she quit.

Earlier today I wrote out her birthday card.Her birthday is next week.I hope that she has many more birthdays.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

That is one Christmas Card worthy photo!!!  So glad you all had a great time!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1