Now for something completely different

26 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Hey Brandee, nice to hear from you. Wishing for a positive result as the days move forward and that peace and good health prevail.

It's off to bed for me be well everyone and lets watch out for the P word 😉

On another note:  8 months after covid and we both still have anitbodies in blood.   I still get bouts of fatigue, but less frequently.  Hubby, who had a more severe case of Covid..got lung clearance as well as heart. Yahoo!!

Edited by BRANDEE
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

On another note:  8 months after covid and we both still have anitbodies in blood.   I still get bouts of fatigue, but less frequently.  Hubby, who had a more severe case of Covid..got lung clearance as well as heart. Yahoo!!

That is good news indeed.  There are a lot of people from all ages with after effects from covid. 

There is an internet group of fellow long term sufferers.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

I am delighted to hear that you are both recovering well. My 46 year-old relative who caught the virus in Europe at the start of March, still has bouts of fatigue. She was very fit and didn't become very ill, but she hasn't got past the after-effects.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am delighted to hear that you are both recovering well. My 46 year-old relative who caught the virus in Europe at the start of March, still has bouts of fatigue. She was very fit and didn't become very ill, but she hasn't got past the after-effects.

Thank You!  I am close to my 70th Birthday and hubby is four years older.  We both like to walk, but it took months to just go around our block without gasping for breath. We both lost a lot of muscle tone.  But very grateful we are as good as we are.  We lost a few people we knew much younger than us.  (42 and 51 with no underlining illness) On days of fatigue, I just go back to bed and sleep all day. I got back to 4/5 mile daily walks in September but just harder.   Planning a 3 week road trip in May, thru the midwest US and national parks..so trying to build up walking/hiking ability to pre covid. Hope your young relative recoups soon...this disease has so many twists and turns.

Well over time I have felt fortunate to find myself on a fist name basis with so many in the down under section.

I have also found myself use the wrong first name a couple of time, for that I apologize.

Les, Julie, Leigh and Mic I have down pat there are a few others I think or thought I knew. Getting older slowly is Don, Docker is Adrian and I think MMDown Under is Marion. If I have these right I hope it is okay that I use your first names. Cheers, Lyle

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

That is good news, BRANDEE. Hopefully the bouts of fatigue will disappear soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Well over time I have felt fortunate to find myself on a fist name basis with so many in the down under section.

I have also found myself use the wrong first name a couple of time, for that I apologize.

Les, Julie, Leigh and Mic I have down pat there are a few others I think or thought I knew. Getting older slowly is Don, Docker is Adrian and I think MMDown Under is Marion. If I have these right I hope it is okay that I use your first names. Cheers, Lyle

No worries old son, for me anyway. I have nothing to hide.

6 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

yes

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I fess up.

I am Lyndon. My late wife was Darra hence Lyndarra.

7 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Cheers, nice to be on a first name basis. I always find you input interesting.

Like wise.

BTW my avatar shows how I get my cruising fix these days. ATM I'm now learning how to foil rather than plane. At almost 72 my mates convinced me I'm not too old yet to learn something new.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I fess up.

I am Lyndon. My late wife was Darra hence Lyndarra.

That is clever.  I tried to register as Down Under as that what my overseas friends refer to me as, but there was someone else using that name, so I just adapted it.  I used to work with a boy called Lyn.  

2 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Like wise.

BTW my avatar shows how I get my cruising fix these days. ATM I'm now learning how to foil rather than plane. At almost 72 my mates convinced me I'm not too old yet to learn something new.

We watch members of a club at the Coast who meet weekly.

4 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Like wise.

Good on ya mate. I haven't been sailing for many years and certainly never on a sailboard.

We have quite a lot of avid sailors here. I have seen some brave souls out in 40 knot winds parasailing to altitudes of 30 or 40 feet off the water.

7 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Correct for me. Of course you can use it.

Seems the name that was my signature has dropped of in the new improved version.

2 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Good on ya mate. I haven't been sailing for many years and certainly never on a sailboard.

We have quite a lot of avid sailors here. I have seen some brave souls out in 40 knot winds parasailing to altitudes of 30 or 40 feet off the water.

I've had a couple of catamarans, including a Hobie 14' in the past. I've been board sailing for close to 35 years.

We race every Saturday arvo at a place called Marmong Point. My best speed on a board so far is 24.89 kts. A couple of the blokes in the club have hit 40kts! Too scary for me at that speed.

I can regularly hit 20+ kts in winds of less than that but doubt I'll be able to go anywhere near that on a foil.

8 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I've had a couple of catamarans, including a Hobie 14' in the past. I've been board sailing for close to 35 years.

We race every Saturday arvo at a place called Marmong Point. My best speed on a board so far is 24.89 kts. A couple of the blokes in the club have hit 40kts! Too scary for me at that speed.

I can regularly hit 20+ kts in winds of less than that but doubt I'll be able to go anywhere near that on a foil.

I've seen some cool video of a local guy on  a foil. I don't recall his name but it was a little feature on the local news. Apparently he designs and markets his own line of foil boards.

On 11/3/2020 at 2:33 PM, getting older slowly said:

What ever happened to pineapple fritters at the fish and chip shop...........

Ohhhhh...... TA  Fish and Chips tonight for Dinner    With well chilled Jacob's Creek   yum-yum..

Don.

Local f&c still sells them, love a pineapple fritter.

On 11/4/2020 at 11:00 AM, Docker123 said:

To help with some of the commentary ..  The red and white boat/ship/cruise ship/ferry. Spirit of Tasmania heading into Port Phillip Bay on its way to Tasmania. Took it last evening with my phone. 

Normally carries lots of semi-trailers of freight, plus passengers with cars and caravans, and foot passengers. Because Tasmania has had closed borders, very few passengers, other than returning Tasmanians at this time. 

6A0B8347-7A40-4E4E-B513-0C760DFE0F4B.thumb.jpeg.458e3e9a3bae6c02508c98560dd064ff.jpeg

I m so looking forward to sailing on her agin soon....

13 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Local f&c still sells them, love a pineapple fritter.

Fish and Chip shops down here sell them.  In the old days the chinese restaurants did banana fritters and pineapple fritters, with ice cream for dessert.

images.jpgPineapple fritters.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Fish and Chip shops down here sell them.  In the old days the chinese restaurants did banana fritters and pineapple fritters, with ice cream for dessert.

images.jpgPineapple fritters.

Yes, local chinese cafes all still do banana fritters.   Our local cafe cooks Vietnamese food on the weekend and does banana fritters with ice-cream.  Who can resist?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes, local chinese cafes all still do banana fritters.   Our local cafe cooks Vietnamese food on the weekend and does banana fritters with ice-cream.  Who can resist?

I hate those deep fried lychees with caramel sauce and ice cream the chinese dish up in their eateries.