Butter Balls

PlopPlop

I look forward to one day cruising again and am thinking back to better times and remember all the wonderful butter ball posts. 

I would like to think that when we return to cruising again, Princess will be so grateful, our butter ball bowls will be overflowing!

I’m trying to be optimistic in these times and be a butter ball bowl half full kind of person and not a butter ball bowl half empty person. 

Stay safe and healthy my fellow cruisers!

Cheers!
Sarah

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

We get our butter at Costco. Maybe Princess will issue all future Captain's Circle pins in a special "butter edition". All I know is that we have never had an issue with butter on our cruises and we really, really, really,  wish this crap wasn't screwing over our cruises.

Yes, I understand that this is a very minor issue in the overall scheme of things but... I am selfish. I believe that unselfish people are mostly a myth. People do act selflessly but they still probably have selfish instincts. They just overcome those instincts. Heck, I overcome them all the time. I still resent my cruises being messed with. We had plans. We had desires. We are people...

I love cruising with Princess - which is very odd as my wife and oldest son pretty much forced me to agree to our first cruise just to make my wife happy and put an end to the "stupid cruise crap" she wanted me to do.  (I totally blame my wife. She created the monster that is my cruise-obsessed person.) We were so totally stoked about our upcoming cruises this November/December. Freaking awesomely excited. It seems highly unlikely they will happen now which makes the "butter thing" a moot point.

I want to cruise! I want the "problem" of trying not to eat the dang rolls with butter. (Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... I love the rolls with butter...........) I want the"hassle" of deciding whether to go to the show or watch MUTS or listen to the music in the Piazza or hang out in Wheelhouse or...  GAH! I freaking love it all. I thought I would hate it all and it would be stupid and "uppity" and all that stuff but I was wrong. I love it and I miss it. Even if I actually had ever experienced the "great butter fiasco" I would still want to cruise. I feel like a junkie who was promised a fix and then had it cruelly yanked away.

I hope cruising comes back soon. I may be an idiot - I know a number of folks who would definitely agree with that assessment - but there really is nothing like it at all to take its place. I know some folks think cruising is now a horribly stupid thing to do. After all, if one is restricted as to the amount of butter that is offered why would one even consider cruising under the best of circumstances?

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I really just want to thank everyone for going along with this butter thread. It has really brought smiles to my face. As an essential worker, I needed something to get my mind off the new normal and something to look forward to on my breaks. 

Thank You! 😃 or should I say 😷

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

where is kerrygold made?  Never heard of it.  I like the rabbit butter mold

Kerrygold is Irish butter from grass-fed cows. You can get it all over the place. I don't shop at Walmart but I'm pretty sure they carry the brand.

11 hours ago, sttopmh said:

We had a butter bunny at our Easter lunch. 

3E4FB78A-C537-4753-B468-7B2BFBBD3AD0.jpeg

Wow my friend Bugs will love to have some of this butter on formal nights. 😁
The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

9F00F38A-3622-47FB-ACAF-1827C712F5D5.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Like 1

An earlier poster wrote appreciation for this thread. I so agree. We have to stay informed about the present situation, of course. But being able to laugh, to be silly, to discuss something frivolous  like butter, is also needed. Keep it going!♡