This could save cruises

1 minute ago, voyager70 said:

I never said that.  But it's certainly better than not having a vaccine.  No one has a crystal ball.

Let's just hope someone comes up with a good vaccine...

NJ 

1 hour ago, JAMESCC said:

Don't we all. We want people to stop dying from this virus, we want people to go back to work and the economy to open up again and then on a small selfish note we want to start cruising again. Oh and i want baseball back! Lets go Mets. 😂

Never mind baseball.

What about the Cricket season ? 

🙂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IDB37 said:

Never mind baseball.

What about the Cricket season ? 

🙂

I only get crickets in the fall. I get really weird spider crickets in the fall. Man they scare the hell out of me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lol - I can tell you guys are big cricket fans, so here's a quick 1 1/2 minute video clip of the last over of the World Cup Final at Lord's last summer, just to remind everyone what they're missing !!:

Yes, the lack of Hockey is also a pain, but as a UK expat., the absence of sound of willow on leather is what is really causing me pain !

6 hours ago, IDB37 said:

Lol - I can tell you guys are big cricket fans, so here's a quick 1 1/2 minute video clip of the last over of the World Cup Final at Lord's last summer, just to remind everyone what they're missing !!:

Yes, the lack of Hockey is also a pain, but as a UK expat., the absence of sound of willow on leather is what is really causing me pain !

Thanks for bringing a smile to my face and remembrance of good times ☺️I'm not a big fan but that was a special day

Two thoughts on the original post...

Cannot begin to fathom how early passengers would need to get to the airport prior to flight time!! YIKES! Where are all of those passengers going to fit if everyone has to be 6 feet apart?  Guess flights will have to be scheduled for one or two a day.

Found it humorous the word that the auto gods asterisked (an actual word? 🙂) out!  Made me laugh.

Seriously!!!????

So in a few years, you need to get to the airport terminals 5 hours ahead of departure time for your 2 hour flight, same time at the cruise terminal, to get ready to undress, take everything off, including your shoes & underwear, get a full medical exam to make sure you don't have seasonal flu, colds, cold sores, Ebola, Herpes, Cooties....  

Your TSA security & Medical exam will double the cost of the flight & cruise.

• Like 1

Lol,dont be rediculous. This isnt coming. There is no way to continually keep doing this for every flight and every cruise. Never happen. There are so many commiunicable diseases out there. This kind of stuff makes me laugh. Is that the world you want to live in? This will pass. There will be immunity and vaccines. Lets not get crazy.wash your hands and dont sneeze and cough on people. Wear a mask in the mean time till there is a vaccine.

Edited by rtazz17
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

Lol,dont be rediculous. This isnt coming. There is no way to continually keep doing this for every flight and every cruise. Never happen. There are so many commiunicable diseases out there. This kind of stuff makes me laugh. Is that the world you want to live in? This will pass. There will be immunity and vaccines. Lets not get crazy.wash your hands and dont sneeze and cough on people. Wear a mask in the mean time till there is a vaccine.

Unfortunately, I think some of this "ridiculous" will continue in our lives. In Costco today, I had to line up to get in, then line up to get into the produce area, then lineup again to get into the dairy area.  Wow.   Is a vaccine going to be the panacea that will cure all - remember we do already have flu vaccines that are hit & miss. What is it going to take for all of us to feel we can go about our normal lives again without gloves/masks, etc.  In the park across the street from our condo - there is yellow caution tape around the park benches & tables.  Is this really necessary?  Feels like our personal freedoms are being eroded.

NJ 

I'll let them scan my body temperature remotely. I'll probably give into to having a mouth swab. But I don't think I will ever submit to giving blood in order to board an airplane or cruise ship--not even if it's just a little pinprick. I draw the line at that.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 8:19 PM, JAMESCC said:

Don't we all. We want people to stop dying from this virus, we want people to go back to work and the economy to open up again and then on a small selfish note we want to start cruising again. Oh and i want baseball back! Lets go Mets. 😂

I was under the impression most Mets fans were just fine with the whole season being canceled 🙂