This could save cruises

This could save cruises, and maybe start up when this 100 day ban ends. It will slow things down a bit but I think could be implemented and get cruises started. Its just a ***** of the finger. No problem on my end. Sometimes for fun I check my blood sugar on my moms machine because she has one being diabetic. I'll leave the video below. This is coming to all airlines, no doubt about it. 

• Like 1

I know people will complain because of our rights and all, but I would be okay with it.  I think it is a good idea. It's not like a cruise is a necessity (well for some people 🙂 ).  If you don't want to be tested, don't go.  

• Like 4

I have no issue with it if it will keep everyone safe and allow cruises to resume sooner. As long as they give a refund, and not a future crude credit,if they don’t allow you to sail due to this test or other health related issue found at boarding.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMESCC said:

This could save cruises, and maybe start up when this 100 day ban ends. It will slow things down a bit but I think could be implemented and get cruises started. Its just a ***** of the finger. No problem on my end. Sometimes for fun I check my blood sugar on my moms machine because she has one being diabetic. I'll leave the video below. This is coming to all airlines, no doubt about it. 

Not at all the same thing as cruising - not even close.  all they have to do on a flight  is ensure a few hundred people are virus free for a few hours.  

5 minutes ago, mek said:

Not at all the same thing as cruising - not even close.  all they have to do on a flight  is ensure a few hundred people are virus free for a few hours.  

Agree, can you imagine on Largest Ships 8000+ Passengers/Crew each week, even at 3000 on small ones

Edited by ONECRUISER

This is an antibody test, right?  AFAIK there is no blood test for present infection.

So would they not let you fly if you have no antibodies present?  Even though that just means you haven't had the disease, not that you currently do have it.  

Gonna really limit their passenger load if they're only allowing recovered individuals to fly.  

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/fears-wild-west-covid-19-blood-tests-hit-70107625

Edited by danv3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, can you imagine on Largest Ships 8000 Passengers/Crew each week

They will do what they have to do to survive.  Its either this or burn thru 100 million a month with no $ coming in. I don't  think its a bad idea.

1 minute ago, danv3 said:

This is an antibody test, right?  So would they not let you fly if you have no antibodies present?  Even though that just means you haven't had the disease, not that you currently do have it.  

Gonna really limit their passenger load if they're only allowing recovered individuals to fly.  

It is not an antibidy test. It is a test to see if you are infected. The problem is you don't turn positive the second you acquire the virus. So maybe you leave home healthy. Between going through an airport, flying on a plane, going through another airport, then getting to the cruise terminal you are exposed to several hundred people. You test negative at the cruise terminal and the next morning when you wake up on the ship you are positive....

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is not an antibidy test. It is a test to see if you are infected. The problem is you don't turn positive the second you acquire the virus. So maybe you leave home healthy. Between going through an airport, flying on a plane, going through another airport, then getting to the cruise terminal you are exposed to several hundred people. You test negative at the cruise terminal and the next morning when you wake up on the ship you are positive.... 

Yep.  I won't be comfortable cruising until an effective vaccine is in place and widely available.  Unfortunately that's at least a year away.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Yep.  I won't be comfortable cruising until an effective vaccine is in place and widely available.  Unfortunately that's at least a year away.

Not so fast or shall I say maybe fast. Check this out.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/italy-uk-team-hopes-to-have-covid-19-vaccine-in-sept/1804516

and then this.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/14/jj-can-produce-up-to-900-million-coronavirus-vaccine-doses-by-april-2021-if-trials-go-well.html

1 minute ago, JAMESCC said:

Really hope it comes sooner rather than later

• Like 2

1 minute ago, voyager70 said:

Really hope it comes sooner rather than later

Don't we all. We want people to stop dying from this virus, we want people to go back to work and the economy to open up again and then on a small selfish note we want to start cruising again. Oh and i want baseball back! Lets go Mets. 😂

• Like 1

Also this test is even better for a cruise. People board a cruise ship over several hours, there really is no rush. So if it takes 10 minutes, it takes 10 minutes. A plane needs to get the heck going quickly. I think this is perfect for cruises. 

1 hour ago, Billy Baltic said:

It still doesn’t solve the problem of someone testing positive after a day in port. Do RC openly abandon passengers in random locations?

I agree with this. What if a person picks up the virus at the first port stop, perhaps on the first full day of the cruise?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I agree with this. What if a person picks up the virus at the first port stop, perhaps on the first full day of the cruise?

I think people need to be careful, and take the precautions we are right now. Wash hands frequently, don't touch your face although dam that is a hard one for me. If you do get it on the first port stop I guess you'll have to fly home? I admit this is tough one but the answer can't be not till there is a vaccine. I don'y know if its feasible to test at each stop as well. Make it an extra charge for the test when you book an excursion? I'm not really sure but the temporary answer is in here till there is a vaccine.  

1 hour ago, voyager70 said:

So does this mean if you have a vaccine shot you will be protected and are safe from the virus?   

NJ 

5 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

So does this mean if you have a vaccine shot you will be protected and are safe from the virus?   

NJ 

How can anyone comment on the effectiveness of a vaccine that doesn't exist yet? Just as no one can comment on its safety record. What I do know is I get nervous when politicians become too involved with medicine.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

How can anyone comment on the effectiveness of a vaccine that doesn't exist yet? Just as no one can comment on its safety record. What I do know is I get nervous when politicians become too involved with medicine.

Agreed - there's too much $$ to be made from this vaccine for special interests to be involved.  And we don't know what to expect - especially if they rush a vaccine.  A crazy world now.

NJ 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

NJ 

I never said that.  But it's certainly better than not having a vaccine.  No one has a crystal ball.

1 hour ago, JAMESCC said:

Don't we all. We want people to stop dying from this virus, we want people to go back to work and the economy to open up again and then on a small selfish note we want to start cruising again. Oh and i want baseball back! Lets go Mets. 😂

You had me until you said Mets LOl

• Haha 1