Would you cruise in August

jp2746

18 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We'll have take a rain check. I'm hoping I'm still going to Sturgis (friend and I) in August. 🤞Then Kathy and I are booked on a Pacific/Canada coastal cruise in September. 🤞 I just canceled our June east coast  trip today. Hopefully our annual July and September Jackson Hole Wy trips are a go. 🤞 One day and trip at a time.

I`m just hoping to be able to do a few demo days this year with Aprilia and BMW 🤞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I sure hope so.   Mid August B2B Radiance Alaska.  Big milestone birthday for the DH.  

Not going to happened, we shifted around on end of  this August sailing on Radiance this year and booked Alaska for next September  2021 on Sapphire Princess 10 night RT out of Vancouver.

Switched the Radiance Cruise to a September Adventure of the Seas  New England/ Canada Cruise, just so we wouldn't have to do any flying this year...........But after Covid-19 that will surely be canceled anyway plus not sure I could get my wife on a cruiseship that soon anyway................already started to look for a replacement cruises for April 2022 for the AOS that will surely be canceled.

I can see soon they all the cruiselines  will be annoucing no more cruises leaving from NJ/NY for the rest of 2020. Just makes  good sense.

Edited by Jimbo

I am booked for Alaska at the end of August.  BC provincial health officier has stated travel may not be able to resume for 12 to 18 months. That is inline with the vaccine. So Alaska cruises may not happen this year.  Might not happen next year ether as 18 months puts us in to 2022

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, karena1 said:

I have had one booked for 8/21 for a long time.  I will for sure go!  I would go tomorrow if they let me go.  I just want to cruise!!  We are booked for Aug/Sept/2 in Oct/2 in Dec and plan to go on all of them.  Also have 2 booked for end of June and just praying those don't get canceled also.  We were supposed to go this week and again 5/24 and both are canceled.  Just want to get back to normal and do what we love, just being on a cruise ship to the caribbean.

WOW!!!!

• Like 2

If the Sept. 4 Ovation Alaska cruise goes we will be on it.  If all you people who say you would not cruise this year the social distancing should not be a problem.  If we end up quarantined we are in a Grand Loft suite so it would not be a bad confined space.  Computer goes where we go and if school is going on, which it will be that time of year, I home school so we can get school classes done also.  A win for us.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We have six bikes. 4 Harleys and 2 BMW’s. A GS and brand new RTP. 

sorry to steal the thread but this is really important stuff!!!  I am limited to ONE...its in the married agreement (BMW S 1000 XR) ..but I have a passion for Aprilia rsv4 ..heart beating very loud!!💥

• Thanks 1

I'm booked on Brilliance Aug 9th.  I'm not cancelling - there is no point.  All UK deposits are non refundable so I reckon I've already lost my deposit.  So it is either FCC or nothing for us.  Thing is, do I risk losing more money and putting a deposit on another cruise?  Probably not.

I have booked the best cabin on the best ship on the best itinerary so I would actually love to go on this cruise but even in the unlikely event of it going ahead I doubt anyone from the UK would be allowed to board.

Edited by livylotte

We’re booked for October and I’m not sure that’s going to happen but I have hotels, airfare already.  

A month ago I was thinking of a last minute cruise in August to replace our cancelled cruise next week.  However now I don’t think it will happen.  As soon as I get my money back from Royal I’m booking an Airbnb on the beach instead.   They have a good cancellation policy right now.  I need to get away but the ships are not going to be ready to handle covid outbreaks I’m afraid.  At least if I get sick on the beach I can drive home to get treatment.

I’m not getting my hopes too high for October.  I’m a cruise addict and it makes me really sad to not go.  However it’s not worth getting really sick or dying for. TBD...

34 minutes ago, gc said:

sorry to steal the thread but this is really important stuff!!!  I am limited to ONE...its in the married agreement (BMW S 1000 XR) ..but I have a passion for Aprilia rsv4 ..heart beating very loud!!💥

Yep. Definitely off topic. 
We just traded in the S 1000 XR on the 2020 GS 1250. We also picked up a 2020 RTP (Cop Bike). We ordered this one. Our other bikes are 2020 CVO Limited, 2020 FLHP (Police Road King), 2020 FLHR (Standard RK), and a 2018 FLHP. We love to ride and use the Police Bikes for cone work (Rodeos). 

We have the Harmony on August 16th booked for 8, in the 4-bedroom Villa Suite. I don’t think it will sail but unfortunately to have any chance of getting a refund, I need to make a rather substantial final payment on May 18th. Given Royals current schedule, they are only cancelling 30 days at a time and within the final payment dates, so people have to make a choice to give them more money to use for a few months if they want To potentially get there funds back. Otherwise , it’s an FCC. At least I could cancel under the CWC  program and get the entire deposit as an FCC. 

I’ll wait until the last minute, but I don’t think my options will be any different a month from now. 

Unfortunate, that cabin is really hard to get😔😔.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yep. Definitely off topic. 
We just traded in the S 1000 XR on the 2020 GS 1250. We also picked up a 2020 RTP (Cop Bike). We ordered this one. Our other bikes are 2020 CVO Limited, 2020 FLHP (Police Road King), 2020 FLHR (Standard RK), and a 2018 FLHP. We love to ride and use the Police Bikes for cone work (Rodeos). 

WOW...sound like you got an very interesting life!!

• Thanks 1

I agree with a previous post about waiting for a period of time. I would wait 6 months after the lines return to sailing. This will allow for a review of how the new health guidelines wil effect the experience

It will be interesting to see if the cruise lines return to their level of service offered once they operate again.

They will have to hire new staffs and this could be an issue.

• Like 1

We have Harmony at the end of August as a replacement for Harmony this week.  I plan to go unless for some reason ships are getting quarantined.  I cannot take that type of chance with my job.  The ships do not allow VPN from what I understand so I would not be able to work and I can't take that much time off.  If I could work from the ship and was able to VPN into my job, I would not care how long I was on a ship.

3 hours ago, JT1962 said:

We will not cruise again until there have been 2-3 months of multiple cruise ships sailing with no quarantine incidents or reports of multiple illnesses of passengers after returning home. There are too many other options for travel to take a chance of being quarantined on a ship for 14 or more days.

Also, just prior to cruises stopping, both of our employers put in rules that anyone taking a cruise or visiting a foreign country could not return to work for at least 14 days after returning. We don’t want to take 3 weeks of leave or unpaid time off just to take a one week cruise. So until those rules are changed, we won’t be cruising.

Interesting rule