Ventura heading to India

silversurf1

Ventura is repatriating P and O Indian crew on this ship. That says to me that there will be no cruises going this summer, otherwise it wouldn’t be worth doing this.

I’m sure the crew will be glad to be going home, although they must be worried about future contracts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, silversurf1 said:

Ventura is repatriating P and O Indian crew on this ship. That says to me that there will be no cruises going this summer, otherwise it wouldn’t be worth doing this.

I’m sure the crew will be glad to be going home, although they must be worried about future contracts.

A bit confused by this post. If what you are saying is that P&O are sailing Ventura to India to repatriate their Indian crew members rather than flying them home (is it?) then I think it would be fair to conclude that they had written off the Summer season. In those circumstances, it would be interesting to see whether the Winter season proceeds as planned, particularly fly cruises to the Caribbean, or whether they will leave the relaunch until next Spring.

• Like 1

Makes complete sense and a good move. I am pleased for the crew as I can not imagine how stressed they are being away from home. Good to hear they are taking care of them.

Dare I say, bet they wish they had been on a Cunard ship though ;-)

(Only joking ---- couldn't resist …)

10 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Makes complete sense and a good move. I am pleased for the crew as I can not imagine how stressed they are being away from home. Good to hear they are taking care of them.

Dare I say, bet they wish they had been on a Cunard ship though 😉

(Only joking ---- couldn't resist …)

At least they haven't made them slum it on Oceana... 😊

Andy 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Every time we sail on her the crew say how they love that ship so I'll try to ignore your comment...……….. :-) Try …...

Seriously, when we are all sailing again I look forward to seeing you on Oceana one time --- either that or when we leave Southampton we will raise a glass, wave and toast you as we sail out :classic_wink::classic_smile::classic_tongue:

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

If I thought it would make a difference Andy I would ground you. Oh you already have been. Serves you right.  😜😆

Avril 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Already discussed th6us morning on another thread.

I have just read some comments on that thread Wowzz and agree with you they are not using aircraft .

Ventura is going repatriate the Indian Crew members.

P&O and Cunard will transfer crew who are from India onto the Ventura ship only from their  ships

that didn’t have any cases of Covid onboard.

The process of transferring the crew to the Ventura will be done with tender boats off the coast of UK. 

Ventura is planned to set sail to India on May 12, and the voyage will last 21 days.

There is a link on Josey's post above that confirms this .

Getting back to the aircraft ,this will be a problem for the airline companies as unless they do Ghost Flights,

then a lot of aircraft will be out of hours . Meaning they are out of service until they have a  service.

So I cannot see fly cruises getting of to a flying start(pun) anytime this year .

1 hour ago, kalos said:

then a lot of aircraft will be out of hours . Meaning they are out of service until they have a  service.

So I cannot see fly cruises getting of to a flying start(pun) anytime this year .

In addition, many of the flight crew will  no longer be "current" which again adds to the complexity of returning to service. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

In addition, many of the flight crew will  no longer be "current" which again adds to the complexity of returning to service. 

Exactly , not as easy  as some people may think .

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Seriously, when we are all sailing again I look forward to seeing you on Oceana one time --- either that or when we leave Southampton we will raise a glass, wave and toast you as we sail out :classic_wink::classic_smile::classic_tongue:

The least I would expect is for him to turn up to wave you off.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Every time we sail on her the crew say how they love that ship so I'll try to ignore your comment...……….. 🙂 Try …...

I only tease you as I know its your favourite. 

Just wasn't to my liking, too noisy, too cramped with tiny cabins... 

But, I would love to be looking forward to a cruise on her now.. 

Andy 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

I know, that's why it makes me laugh 🙂  

I'd be happy on an inflatable dingy in the local park at the minute !

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

The cabin I could live with, but the bathroom! We had a bigger one on our narrow boat!

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

The cabin I could live with, but the bathroom! We had a bigger one on our narrow boat!

Our first proper cruise when P&O felt very special. It was just a dream cruise and we will always have a soft spot for her.

We also had a 2 week cruise on her about 4 years ago and it was one of the best holidays we have ever had.

Now if they sent her to the Caribbean we would just jump at the chance to sail on her again.

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Our first proper cruise when P&O felt very special. It was just a dream cruise and we will always have a soft spot for her.

We also had a 2 week cruise on her about 4 years ago and it was one of the best holidays we have ever had.

Now if they sent her to the Caribbean we would just jump at the chance to sail on her again.

We actually quite liked the ship, but must admit it was a bit of a shock when we opened the bathroom door for the first time. 

We still don't know "how people of size " manage to have a shower,  let alone anything else,  in a bathroom that size!