Why I feel August will be the real restart date.

seaman11

5 hours ago, raschueller said:

Just to let you know it shows our July 24 cruise cancelled.

Right that was an old quote.  I was off thinking some would go by june or july. But carnivals new plan for august looks good as things are opening up now.  

Edited by seaman11

Just now, seaman11 said:

He quoted me saying may at 20 percent chance. But yet you and some continue to push a false narrative to be jerks.  Btw i thought you had me on ignore? 

I did but startedto follow again to read the humor. 

Like yesterday/other day where you said you like the Buffet and someone pointed out you can basically do the same thing in MDR. Which your reply was not realistic.

It is realistic as you can get as much as you want, and most "breakfast" items on the Buffet are available in MDR. Plus you aren't dealing with the masses in the Buffet.

Seaman we aren't against you personally, it's just you being adamant that you didn't say some of the things you actually did.

Then you accuse us 50 year old ( your guess) of being wrong. I can assure you I'm probably much closer to your age than I am to 50. 

WE get you can't wait to cruise and that's great, however to continue to say WE are all wrong can't be further from the truth.

40 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

I did but startedto follow again to read the humor. 

Like yesterday/other day where you said you like the Buffet and someone pointed out you can basically do the same thing in MDR. Which your reply was not realistic.

It is realistic as you can get as much as you want, and most "breakfast" items on the Buffet are available in MDR. Plus you aren't dealing with the masses in the Buffet.

Seaman we aren't against you personally, it's just you being adamant that you didn't say some of the things you actually did.

Then you accuse us 50 year old ( your guess) of being wrong. I can assure you I'm probably much closer to your age than I am to 50. 

WE get you can't wait to cruise and that's great, however to continue to say WE are all wrong can't be further from the truth.

Umm Buffet .... i am sorry to say no such thing for now. FDR said as much and now other lines confirm that buffett will go.

23 minutes ago, Mrdodgy said:

Umm Buffet .... i am sorry to say no such thing for now. FDR said as much and now other lines confirm that buffett will go.

Not sure what he is saying.  It is unrealistic to think you can order a little of everything that use to be on the breakfast buffets. 

Not sure what he is saying.  It is unrealistic to think you can order a little of everything that use to be on the breakfast buffets. 

I have ordered smoked salmon, pancakes, eggs and bacon at one sitting in the MDR. Whatever I wanted.

Surely you realize that whenever cruises restart it is not going to be the same old same old. There are threads on some of the other board where posters say they won’t cruise again without a buffet. That won’t be a dealbreaker for me but I will let others be the guinea pigs and read their trip reports before I book another cruise. I won’t cruise again if the changes take away what appealed to me about cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks I do not think you will be able to get what used to be on the buffet but MDR will have  bigger range. butthatto is limited by the galley. Lets wait and see.

.... Bigger issue is how are the lines going to cope without the buffet ---- less people per cruise

I really fear that cruising will be very different when it comes back Let wait and see but buffet will not be there at first. Who knows 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I have ordered smoked salmon, pancakes, eggs and bacon at one sitting in the MDR. Whatever I wanted.

Surely you realize that whenever cruises restart it is not going to be the same old same old. There are threads on some of the other board where posters say they won’t cruise again without a buffet. That won’t be a dealbreaker for me but I will let others be the guinea pigs and read their trip reports before I book another cruise. I won’t cruise again if the changes take away what appealed to me about cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes you can order a lot of things at once. Thats not what i am saying.   At the buffet i can get a little of this and a little of that prob 20 items small amounts.    Anyway its also not a deal breaker for me since its only breafast i enjoy the buffet mostly.  

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
Yes you can order a lot of things at once. Thats not what i am saying.   At the buffet i can get a little of this and a little of that prob 20 items small amounts.    Anyway its also not a deal breaker for me since its only breafast i enjoy the buffet mostly.  

You have 20 items at breakfast? [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

You have 20 items at breakfast? emoji33.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well yes but small amounts.  2 eggs to order.  one or two hashbrowns , grits,mushrooms,  2 sausages some bacon.  Half a bagel. Cream cheese. , onions, salmon,  slice of tomato ,few capers.  1 pc of french toast or pancake. 1 syrup pack.  Small croissant. , fruit cut up in bowl.  And a few other small items from pastry sometimes. 

2 hours ago, Friscorays said:

Ah, to be young and optimistic again.

The optimists need to look again:

Orlando requiring everyone to wear masks in public. 

Tampa is the same, requiring masks be worn indoors.

Key West is requiring masks until June 2021.

4 hours ago, beerman2 said:

and if the optimists blame 'testing' on the reason Florida is the new epicenter, think again

basically, they have done the SAME amount of tests since May 16th (over a month)

image.png.3cc0f6ecc10013d2922837ceb166af09.png

BUT.... you can see the spike in cases for the last month... If they are doing about the same amount of testing.. More cases means Florida is in trouble.

image.png.fbdb0a8e95012c1a006861079c214341.png

I think Florida should should start to listen to the experts and close things back down until they meet the guidelines of the government and the CDC

I dont think any cruises will happen from florida if this doesnt get better soon

Im glad they are starting to enforce wearing masks

4 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Just remember starting stricter mitigation now only shows up weeks from now.  The rise this week and next that was cast mostly already by terrible action the past month.      

• Like 1

8 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Well yes but small amounts.  2 eggs to order.  one or two hashbrowns , grits,mushrooms,  2 sausages some bacon.  Half a bagel. Cream cheese. , onions, salmon,  slice of tomato ,few capers.  1 pc of french toast or pancake. 1 syrup pack.  Small croissant. , fruit cut up in bowl.  And a few other small items from pastry sometimes. 

As we sometimes say in Scotland.....help ma boab!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hftmrock said:

and if the optimists blame 'testing' on the reason Florida is the new epicenter, think again

basically, they have done the SAME amount of tests since May 16th (over a month)

image.png.3cc0f6ecc10013d2922837ceb166af09.png

BUT.... you can see the spike in cases for the last month... If they are doing about the same amount of testing.. More cases means Florida is in trouble.

image.png.fbdb0a8e95012c1a006861079c214341.png

I think Florida should should start to listen to the experts and close things back down until they meet the guidelines of the government and the CDC

I dont think any cruises will happen from florida if this doesnt get better soon

Im glad they are starting to enforce wearing masks

These graphs are clear, and it is evident Florida is heading waaaaaaaaay in the wrong direction!

5 hours ago, chipmaster said:

Just remember starting stricter mitigation now only shows up weeks from now.  The rise this week and next that was cast mostly already by terrible action the past month.      

And that’s why the masks now to try and slow the “terrible action “??

The great mask debate will continue!

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Well it wont be August

I think you were one of the ones who said they would cruise tomorrow, with all the problems ( cancellations, FCC credit , etc) has your mind changed at all??

Just curious!

I think the "Ah to be young and optimistic" comment was a poke at the optimistic original title of this thread.

And I'm with @seaman11 , I love a buffet breakfast to have a little of 20 different things!  I hope the selection will be there with employees dishing out so I must ask for "just a little" of everything... and we aren't forced to do made to order breakfasts instead.  None of their breakfast menus have ever suited me!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, beerman2 said:

I think you were one of the ones who said they would cruise tomorrow, with all the problems ( cancellations, FCC credit , etc) has your mind changed at all??

Just curious!

I am supposed to be on my Alaska cruise today.  If they were sailing I would have no problem flying to Seattle and getting on the ship

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

I am supposed to be on my Alaska cruise today.  If they were sailing I would have no problem flying to Seattle and getting on the ship

Hopefully something to look forward to this time next year!  I just raised an embarkation glass to you in honor of what should have been 🥂.

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Hopefully something to look forward to this time next year!  I just raised an embarkation glass to you in honor of what should have been 🥂.

Thanks -  I get people want to be safe but vacation is a big part of a healthy life

6 minutes ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Thanks -  I get people want to be safe but vacation is a big part of a healthy life

Agree vacation are important/healthy , but when you have a 92 year old FIL that we do a lot of errands for, caution is important. 

Independent living facilty is basically still locked down.

45 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Agree vacation are important/healthy , but when you have a 92 year old FIL that we do a lot of errands for, caution is important. 

Independent living facilty is basically still locked down.

I get it.  My mom is 87 and got out the nursing home rehab late February (luckily).  I do her shopping and other errands as well.