Hard time calling celebrity cruises?

ljason913

I tried to call Captain’s Club last Friday, waited 2.5 hours and gave up.

Called again Sunday (Mother’s Day) midday and got through with no wait at all!   I wondered if I had selected the wrong thing on the automated list the first day, or there were just more free agents because of the holiday.

I believe it's the combination of everyone calling to check on FCC & refunds (which won't speed things up at all) and the  expansion of Cruise with Confidence last week where many are calling to try to transfer their sailings out a year and the fact that most are working from home which slows things down when they need to get approvals or contact other departments.

I tried last Saturday and was told wait time was at least an hour; after 1/2 hour, I hung up.  Then on Sunday, I tried again as was told, wait time: 13 minutes; huh?  Waited 20 minutes and got thru; so, just keep trying at different times.  

Late afternoon or early Sunday seem to have short wait times.  As to what is deal deal with waiting - difficulty as said with working remotely, changing and confusing rules, and thousands of customers dealing with changes and cancellations.

Did get an explanation as to why call centers are having long wait times.  They have not been able to hire and train new agents in a couple months because of COVID rules.  The unemployment program paying an extra $600wk makes a call center job less attractive besides.

9 hours ago, ljason913 said:

I have tried for a few days trying to call in to celebrity cruises and I keep being on hold for over an hour what is the deal !!!!

A total of just over 4.5 hours on the phone with Celebrity.  Over 3 of that was on hold.  

Called at 3:30 east coast time, was on hold 2 hours, during that time was able to cancel hotel reservations in Singapore and receive refund for those.  When Jeremy (Captains Club) did answer, he was great!  Resolved our issue and expedited our refund from cancelled cruise.  Turns out they had applied our refund to a wrong credit card.  Total time on phone:  3 1/2hours.

Today when calling the Captain's Club number, the recording said hold time was over 30 minutes. The call was actually answered in 14 minutes by a team member working from home in Kansas. She was extremely pleasant & helpful.

Time of day was 11:30 am AZ time.

U.K. 20 minute wait then Amy answered.

Polite, helpful, swapped our cruise to next year a couple of short waits while she confirmed things with her manager. Spent time checking if the new pricing would be cheaper than the old one (it was).

It must be very hard for the telephone staff at the moment dealing with guest frustrations, sometimes not being able to provide the answers to questions asked...

Well done to those like Amy who clearly understood our concerns and made us feel like valued customers!