Refund in 7 Day's

1 hour ago, IrishComet said:

Requested a refund on May 23rd, and my card was credited on May 30th. 

That's really great, we're still waiting since 9th April. Maybe it's what they call the luck of the Irish! 🤣 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, IrishComet said:

Requested a refund on May 23rd, and my card was credited on May 30th. 

Refund on what? Was this a cruise planner purchase? Those refunds seem to come much quicker than refunds on a cruise itself. 

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If it’s just a deposit for a cruise or a cruise planner item that you cancel it does come much quicker Than the refunds where the entire cruise gets cancelled. We had a refund for our deposit in 8 days.

We're waiting on a deposit refund, certainly not quicker for us, 52 days so far.... 

I have had 3 different cancellations. The first 2, I waited 60 days then filed a dispute with American Express, and received my credit immediately from AMEX. 

The most recent (Symphony July 25 2020) was cancelled with the last round, filled out the refund request online immediately, received the full $7400 refund in 15 calendar days. 

These are all fare refunds not cruise planner. 

5 hours ago, TravelerThom said:

Refund on what? Was this a cruise planner purchase? Those refunds seem to come much quicker than refunds on a cruise itself. 

It was the deposit refunded. I had only paid £600 deposit. Royal cancelled the cruise, so I had the option of a refund or a FCC.

6 hours ago, TravelerThom said:

Not always. I kept my FCC (so far) and am still waiting on cruise planner purchase refunds over 2 months after my cruise was canceled. 

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If it’s just a deposit for a cruise or a cruise planner item that you cancel it does come much quicker Than the refunds where the entire cruise gets cancelled. We had a refund for our deposit in 8 days.

Definitely not.  Still waiting on 2 deposited cruises I cancelled (nothing due to Covid-19) and a huge FCC.

Congrats, OP.  You are the exception to the rule.  😄

• Like 1

June 13th Cruise was cancelled on May 20th and we got refund credited back to our Royal Caribbean card on May 28th, except for $200 and some odd dollars. That was for one cabin. Nothing on the other cabin yet. Hopefully everyone that got cancelled way back in March and April are getting money back soon 😊

6 hours ago, 3dogmom said:

I paid $900 and am hoping I hear something or at least get notice in writing that I'm getting the FCC. 

Some never get any communication from RCI - you may need to call to confirm your FCC.

On 5/31/2020 at 1:24 PM, caribbeanfever said:

June 13th Cruise was cancelled on May 20th and we got refund credited back to our Royal Caribbean card on May 28th, except for $200 and some odd dollars. That was for one cabin. Nothing on the other cabin yet. Hopefully everyone that got cancelled way back in March and April are getting money back soon 😊

We also were canceled by Royal on May 20th.  Our British Isles cruise had a June 12 departure. Received a full refund of all payments with a credit on our AMX card account on May 28th. When I received the email cancelation notice with our options, I chose the link for a full refund instead of FCC. No phone calls needed. Maybe since Royal has brought back 100 layed off employees to handle customer service, the refunds will be processed a lot faster. I can not understand how we that were canceled in May have received our refunds, but others that were canceled in prior months have not.  I booked direct with Royal so didn't need to wait to speak with a TA or Vacation Planner to process my request.

Our refund posted this morning.  At least part of it did.  I am going to have to do some hunting as I know I used multiple cards to pay the cruise off at different times.  I see about 2/3 of it posted to two different American Express cards this morning.  I don't recall which card I used for the remaining portion or even when I paid it.  I will wait until next week before I get too worried about it.  I know when I canceled our drink packages, the refund showed up quicker on American Express than it did on Discover.  

And this refund was for the June 14th cruise that we just canceled two weeks ago.  

Edited by KsucAts