Royal's Repositioning Cruises

14 hours ago, scootersdad said:

Is anyone else disappointed with Royals Repositioning cruises to Europe.

Booked my 2020 repositioning with NCL as they visited many more ports than Royal. 

2021 in no better: usually 2 ports of call vs NCL's 5-7.

Already ruled out Royal for next year.

As a stock holder this needs to be reviewed.

After viewing Royal, NCL, Princess and Celebrity, I agree that Royal Caribbean has the worst transatlantic itineraries.  Princess and Celebrity would be my go to cruise lines for Europe and for transatlantics as they seem to have better itineraries.  NCL and Carnival aren't even a thought and I would look at HAL in comparison to  Princess and Celebrity just to get an idea on price.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pstone1 said:

There is an excursion offered In Colon, Panama called “Wonders of Engineering: Panama Canal Locks and Culebra Cut Cruise”  that is offered by RCL.  It is fantastic!  You cruise on a ferry through the Locks and Canal.

I know, but it's what a extra $350 pp but carnival does a free up close to the lock. Taxes and port fees I think were already a additional $379 pp and carnival goes to Aruba and Cartagena and other ports I'd like to see and go out of Galveston. 4 new places I havent been, so it's not that easy of a choice. Ports vs rcl which I prefer. Still fence sitting. I'd like Aruba too, the 14 day especially the ports are just better.4 new places. 

Jewel dec 11 and 22 out of Galveston is rcl choice right now out of Galveston. I'd rather not have the bother of flying when it's so much more convenient to go out of Galveston, so those two 11 day jewel cruises seem to be rcl only current choices to colon panama. So the choice is jewel 11 day or carnival 9 or 14 days, unless I travelled which I might. I cant decide. I guess I'm a indecisive person. 

9 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

After viewing Royal, NCL, Princess and Celebrity, I agree that Royal Caribbean has the worst transatlantic itineraries.  Princess and Celebrity would be my go to cruise lines for Europe and for transatlantics as they seem to have better itineraries.  NCL and Carnival aren't even a thought and I would look at HAL in comparison to  Princess and Celebrity just to get an idea on price.

I was looking at celebrity for Galapagos islands ... some day in the future. Basically its celebrity or silver sea. At least I'm elite on celebrity. But was just looking last night at celebrity. Panama first. But it's on my bucket list. 

Rcl doesnt fit the bill on everything. I have a few princess cruises in my past too and ncl. 

Celebrity has some nice cruises.

15 hours ago, scootersdad said:

Is anyone else disappointed with Royals Repositioning cruises to Europe.

Booked my 2020 repositioning with NCL as they visited many more ports than Royal. 

2021 in no better: usually 2 ports of call vs NCL's 5-7.

Already ruled out Royal for next year.

As a stock holder this needs to be reviewed.

We have the Allure and Harmony westbound TAs booked for 2020 and 2021 solely for the ship. 2020 unlikely, 2021 hopefully. 

Our first TA was September 2018 on the Brillance—- best of our 37 cruises. Left from Amsterdam, stopped in;

Waterford Ireland,

Dublin Ireland, 

Belfast Northern Ireland,

Cork Ireland 

Ponta Delgado,  Azores

Wonderful ship, itinerary and weather!!

Celebrity Refection has a similar one. 

I have also been eyeing the partial canal transit on the Celebrity Edge in 2021-2022. 

mac_tlc

26 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I know, but it's what a extra $350 pp but carnival does a free up close to the lock. Taxes and port fees I think were already a additional $379 pp and carnival goes to Aruba and Cartagena and other ports I'd like to see and go out of Galveston. 4 new places I havent been, so it's not that easy of a choice. Ports vs rcl which I prefer. Still fence sitting. I'd like Aruba too, the 14 day especially the ports are just better.4 new places. 

Jewel dec 11 and 22 out of Galveston is rcl choice right now out of Galveston. I'd rather not have the bother of flying when it's so much more convenient to go out of Galveston, so those two 11 day jewel cruises seem to be rcl only current choices to colon panama. So the choice is jewel 11 day or carnival 9 or 14 days, unless I travelled which I might. I cant decide. I guess I'm a indecisive person. 

Actually, my husband and I just took the Wonders of Engineering Tour on our March 3rd Serenade Cruise.  The price was $143.99 each which is very reasonable for what you get.  The tour includes lunch, and it was very good.  The price of the tour was a little higher when I originally purchased it, but there was a sale, so I cancelled and rebooked at $143.99.  Definitely worth it! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pstone1 said:

Actually, my husband and I just took the Wonders of Engineering Tour on our March 3rd Serenade Cruise.  The price was $143.99 each which is very reasonable for what you get.  The tour includes lunch, and it was very good.  The price of the tour was a little higher when I originally purchased it, but there was a sale, so I cancelled and rebooked at $143.99.  Definitely worth it! 

That is a good price. I was expecting more in the range of $350 for such a tour. Thanks

We did a great transatlantic April 2017.7 days Caribbean and  8 days sailing.

Ship was full and a great atmosphere.Fort Lauderdale to Southampton.

It was fab to go to the Caribbean Islands then relax coming back.

Our cruise  was £3720  all in and that included one way flights, oceanview room Inc taxes and fees and gratuities and all Inc drinks package.Through a rewards scheme in the Uk We had £1680 of Tesco clubcard vouchers and ended up paying £2040.

Great cruise.Met some great people.Keep hoping something like that will come up again.

10 hours ago, ramja96 said:

You had 3 ports? I thought you just had Malaga and Barcelona, like us.

You're right, i got confused with being in Punta on our 2019 Serenade.

Our only stop in 12days was Malaga 

• Like 1

We are doing our first TA in April 2021 from New York to Southampton and can't wait the ports are Halifax , Azores , Bilbao, le harve as we live in the UK having 3 nights in New York before cruise. I enjoy sea days and am glad not port intensive

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I was looking at celebrity for Galapagos islands ... some day in the future. Basically its celebrity or silver sea. At least I'm elite on celebrity. But was just looking last night at celebrity. Panama first. But it's on my bucket list. 

Rcl doesnt fit the bill on everything. I have a few princess cruises in my past too and ncl. 

Celebrity has some nice cruises.

If I win the lottery tomorrow the first place I want to go is Galapagos Islands.  I have good chance of winning since cruising is locked down and all of the high end stores along 5th Ave are boarded up. No place to spend the money.

Edited by Iamcruzin

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Where is the Brilliance going after it repositions from Miami to Boston in August 2021?

Boston/Canada Cruises in Sept/Oct, same as this yr was supposed to. I'm on that Aug2021 Repo, and also return Bos/TPA Repo in Nov 2021

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

If I win the lottery tomorrow the first place I want to go is Galapagos Islands.  I have good chance of winning since cruising is locked down and all of the high end stores along 5th Ave are boarded up. No place to spend the money.

I priced celebrity to Galapagos islands last night... yikes. A new ship built just to see Galapagos islands, all it has are 6 choices of suites, no other cabin choices. I randomly choose a cruise for 2 in the least expensive suite, 29,900 for only a 7 day cruise. 

On 6/3/2020 at 2:39 AM, firefly333 said:

Not exactly the same thing but I really would prefer a partial panama on rcl than carnival. Jewel has 2 this dec that go to colon panama and then I realized the ship doesnt do a up close to see the locks, it's not part of the itinerary. 

The carnival ship does a up close look at the locks as part of the itinerary. But I'm reluctant to book carnival. Only carnival and rcl go out of Galveston and I would like to see the locks. 

I wish rcl had this itinerary. 

I realize that the OP was discussing TA cruises to Europe, but as to Panama that you mentioned -

We booked a spring 2021 repositioning cruise on Explorer that has an extremely interesting itinerary IMHO. And since lengthy flights bore me to tears, it’s just perfect in that it begins in Miami and ends in Galveston (our home airport is ATL). It does not go through the canal, but it gets very close during The 12 day journey. We have 4 cruises booked, but this one is the one we are most excited about!

9 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Boston/Canada Cruises in Sept/Oct, same as this yr was supposed to. I'm on that Aug2021 Repo, and also return Bos/TPA Repo in Nov 2021

Thanks.

The MIA to BOS repo looks very good. Price is very good too. We are booked on the 12 Night  Equinox around the same time so decisions decisions.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

LOL. I will go buy a lottery ticket too.

Galapagos is on my list as well.

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I priced celebrity to Galapagos islands last night... yikes. A new ship built just to see Galapagos islands, all it has are 6 choices of suites, no other cabin choices. I randomly choose a cruise for 2 in the least expensive suite, 29,900 for only a 7 day cruise. 

Yes double yikes! I was quoted around $24K three years ago on an older (Celebrity) ship.
I know there are cheaper options, but have not explored those yet.