Let's talk FOOD!

Scratchrat

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh, don't. Please guys. Sheep's brains and chicken livers😣. I've not even had breakfast yet.

Avril 

I'd better not mention the cows spinal cord and lungs which are a speciality here.

• Haha 1

Love liver and onions and has to be be pigs liver or even better ox liver none of you namby pamby lams liver or rose veal liver. My mother used to eat regularly sheeps brains on toast and sliced heart on sandwiches but think many did years ago.

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

You forget that I am a Yorkshireman, with short arms and deep pockets.

So's Frank. Fortunately he's married to a Southern lady with plenty of persuasion.😉. And longer arms.😂

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
Added text

30 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Love liver and onions and has to be be pigs liver or even better ox liver none of you namby pamby lams liver or rose veal liver. My mother used to eat regularly sheeps brains on toast and sliced heart on sandwiches but think many did years ago.

My Dad used to love tripe, but my Mother refused to cook it for him.  He had to get the next door neighbour to cook it for him.

Having seen it, I am firmly of the opinion that my Mum was 100% correct.

• Like 3

Sheep's brain Masala...:classic_unsure:
cows spinal cord and lungs ...:classic_unsure::classic_unsure:
raw meat with a raw egg on top ...:classic_unsure::classic_unsure::classic_ohmy:

To think a few pages back  "H" was shocked to hear 
we eat the humble chip shop sausage !
Which to be fair a lot of the above could very well feature in 
the contents of the chippy sausage .:classic_biggrin:

Edited by kalos
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Too late,  you just did. 😛😆

Avril 

Sorry,I've ordered Spigola al forno tomorrow.Baked seabass with a parmesan crust.I'll post a photo Saturday morning.

• Like 1

Just now, brian1 said:

Sorry,I've ordered Spigola al forno tomorrow.Baked seabass with a parmesan crust.I'll post a photo Saturday morning.

I hope you're having chips with the seabass !

53 minutes ago, wowzz said:

My Dad used to love tripe, but my Mother refused to cook it for him.  He had to get the next door neighbour to cook it for him.

Trippo here is cooked in toms,garlic,nduja and various herbs,disguises it a bit,lol.

5 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Trippo here is cooked in toms,garlic,nduja and various herbs,disguises it a bit,lol.

My Dad was of the generation that considered garlic to be foreign muck ! Ironic really as he fought in the Middle East and then up through Italy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

My Dad was of the generation that considered garlic to be foreign muck ! Ironic really as he fought in the Middle East and then up through Italy.

My Dad was the same.

5 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

On a more basic level, sardines on toast for lunch, smothered in ketchup.

Rather outdated these days?

I eat a lot of tinned fish for lunch.Mainly with salad now.Try and avoid the carbs.Used to love it on toast.

37 minutes ago, brian1 said:

That's more like it. I love fish 😋. Sounds nicer than haddock we'll be having, AND I have to cook it.

Avril 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That's more like it. I love fish 😋. Sounds nicer than haddock we'll be having, AND I have to cook it.

Avril 

You poaching it or frying?I love it either way.On a different note,our tomato plants all survived the hailstorm 2 weeks ago.We have 35 of them and little vines everywhere.They are the little yellow,orange and dark ones.Not the type the Italians grow,so will give a load to our neighbours who always treat us with homemade goodies.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

When we moved to Yorkshire Mum used to love trying the different foods that she hadn't cooked before. Dad was always the guinea pig because he was braver than either me or my sisters. A neighbour had mentioned giving her husband elder sandwiches for work and how much he liked them. Off she went got the elder,  boiled it and sliced it  ready for Dad's sandwiches the next day.

When he came home he said to her "The next time want inner tube sandwiches I'll let you know" 😂 She didn't experiment after that

Avril 

15 minutes ago, brian1 said:

You poaching it or frying?I love it either way.

Neither. I bake it in foil with a little olive oil and garlic pepper. Open the foil towards the end of cooking to brown a little. Served with boiled, skin on baby potatoes and minted garden peas. 

Fish, chips and peas the healthy way. Raspberry cream flan for dessert  (not so healthy)Naughty but nice😉 

Glad the tomato plants survived. Mine are struggling here with the odd weather

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
Added text
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

On a more basic level, sardines on toast for lunch, smothered in ketchup.

Rather outdated these days?

like tinned mackerel on toast

fancy that now but it’s too late

ugh I have had one of those days. Work was terrible! 

10 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

ugh I have had one of those days. Work was terrible! 

The weather won't have helped today either, and you can always have your mackerel tomorrow. You're  girls will soon cheer you up. 

Avril 

45 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

The weather won't have helped today either, and you can always have your mackerel tomorrow. You're  girls will soon cheer you up. 

Avril 

Puts me in a bad mood when I get bad calls as I know it will come back on me tomorrow. The weather is absolutely awful it’s throwing it down here. 
hubby has tottled off to the garage. 
I’m homeschooling to catch up as we are behind. Scarlett has been good today as she’s caught up loads. I think Georgia is coming down with something. She only gets clingy when poorly. 

really hope these cruises get going. I need something tl look forward to