Let's talk FOOD!

Scratchrat

3 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Tonights menu

sindhu- I know some of you don’t like this. But would you have anything from this even if it was free?

966F5E82-F703-4510-80F9-6CA8F9B848CF.thumb.jpeg.016aa8dde413ff4136c33fbf5435bbad.jpeg

E39A4DA6-9305-4A78-8866-F8DE9C2B1BEE.thumb.jpeg.57e3708201bc61a6decfe80ae710fae9.jpeg

0B6D8827-787A-4412-9955-C4A2FBA3ED70.thumb.jpeg.7ff78e98b07f4dcfe6cdd5cc63d18d4e.jpeg

I would have 

soft shell crab

Tandoori half chicken

mango and passion fruit parfait

hubby is too busy in the garage to play my game 

I'll play. I'm enjoying it. 

Starter

Jumbo prawns

Main

Pan roast.Salmon

Dessert

Mango parfait 

Avril 

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Hi Avril, my friend is the same, but what's the difference between that and lamb?  The calves at this farm live out on the grass.  Must confess I am personally going off meat altogether.  I could easily just have fish and chicken and vegetables. 

I don't eat lamb either for the same reason. It doesn't matter how well they're looked after , it's just not for long enough. I don't each much meat either more chicken and fish. A diet my mum used to call ' all fins and fevvers '😆.

Avril 

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Ooh I'm looking forward to trying Sindhu, so in anticipation I will have....

Kozhi Sukka

Kalyera Mappas

Chocolate textures

hubby had the kalyera mappas. He said it was really nice. 
I did have the chocolate textures and was a little bit sickly. And I really love chocolate 

I went to Sindhu at Christmas

Had the ginger prawns to start and the lobster byriani for main.

Sorry to say all were disappointing.     Have eaten at Sindhu many times before on different cruises and have always thoroughly recommended it but things have gone downhill, same as everything else.

The Lobster Byriani turned out to be the usual half lobster in its shell that P&O have always served in the MDR on Gala Nights dumped on a plate with just a small ramekin sized mound of rice and some sauce on the side.   That is not a Byriani in my book.  A byriani is a rice dish in itself with all manner of things cooked with the rice including the main meat or fish.   It's not a pile of plain rice and a bit of meat/fish.

Overall the portions have become tiny, way too much empty space on the plate and the previous fantastic flavours just weren't there any more.   A real shame for us because we used to love going to Sindhus for a night out.

3 minutes ago, KnowTheScore said:

I went to Sindhu at Christmas

Had the ginger prawns to start and the lobster byriani for main.

Sorry to say all were disappointing.     Have eaten at Sindhu many times before on different cruises and have always thoroughly recommended it but things have gone downhill, same as everything else.

The Lobster Byriani turned out to be the usual half lobster in its shell that P&O have always served in the MDR on Gala Nights dumped on a plate with just a small ramekin sized mound of rice and some sauce on the side.   That is not a Byriani in my book.  A byriani is a rice dish in itself with all manner of things cooked with the rice including the main meat or fish.   It's not a pile of plain rice and a bit of meat/fish.

Overall the portions have become tiny, way too much empty space on the plate and the previous fantastic flavours just weren't there any more.   A real shame for us because we used to love going to Sindhus for a night out.

It's just a bit of fun. Don't take everything so seriously. 😉

Avril 

OP asked if people find the specialty restaurants worth the cost

So just saying it like it is from my personal perspective  

Sindhu used to be top of my list for alternative dining that was well worth the extra cost.  Now it isn't.

• Like 1

Just now, jeanlyon said:

wasn't worth it.

Which is always subjective. I'm always dubious about the use of the term "worth" as it means totally different things to different people. 

I don't think a new BMW is worth the extra price over a Ford  - they both get me from A to B in comfort and safety. Why should I pay extra?

8 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Which is always subjective. I'm always dubious about the use of the term "worth" as it means totally different things to different people. 

I don't think a new BMW is worth the extra price over a Ford  - they both get me from A to B in comfort and safety. Why should I pay extra?

yes things are definitely worth differently to people. I’m happy to spend money on few weeks holiday over a new patio for example. 

I like sindhu for a few reasons. It’s my date night. I don’t get them very often probably once a year as our kids are young and it was awesome putting them in kids club which they enjoyed and I actually had a meal with hubby. 
I enjoy the food. I also like the whole show of it. The little sorbet in the middle, the funny flannels I thought was a mint and the cuppa at the end. It feels special to me. 

not everyone will feel the same. I doubt I would like the epicurean, it’s higher priced than I would be willing to pay and the food doesn’t jump out at me. 

what’s the saying “horses for courses” or something like that 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

yes things are definitely worth differently to people. I’m happy to spend money on few weeks holiday over a new patio for example. 

I like sindhu for a few reasons. It’s my date night. I don’t get them very often probably once a year as our kids are young and it was awesome putting them in kids club which they enjoyed and I actually had a meal with hubby. 
I enjoy the food. I also like the whole show of it. The little sorbet in the middle, the funny flannels I thought was a mint and the cuppa at the end. It feels special to me. 

not everyone will feel the same. I doubt I would like the epicurean, it’s higher priced than I would be willing to pay and the food doesn’t jump out at me. 

Exactly  - that's why I take no notice of people when they something isn't "worth it" unless they justify their comments with specific examples.   

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Exactly  - that's why I take no notice of people when they something isn't "worth it" unless they justify their comments with specific examples.   

also as proved by our answers of what we would chose for dinner at sindhu we are mostly choosing different dishes. And so would review them differently. 

my hubby really like spicy food right now, god knows why but all of a sudden, if he tried what I ordered he wouldn’t like it, would be too mild and not worth the money. I however would love it 

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Don't eat neddy!

12 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Tonights menu

sindhu- I know some of you don’t like this. But would you have anything from this even if it was free?

966F5E82-F703-4510-80F9-6CA8F9B848CF.thumb.jpeg.016aa8dde413ff4136c33fbf5435bbad.jpeg

E39A4DA6-9305-4A78-8866-F8DE9C2B1BEE.thumb.jpeg.57e3708201bc61a6decfe80ae710fae9.jpeg

0B6D8827-787A-4412-9955-C4A2FBA3ED70.thumb.jpeg.7ff78e98b07f4dcfe6cdd5cc63d18d4e.jpeg

I would have 

soft shell crab

Tandoori half chicken

Even though we are surrounded by Indian restaurants,the best starter I've had was chicken liver tikka in Keithley,Yorkshire.Never seen that anywhere else.

23 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Even though we are surrounded by Indian restaurants,the best starter I've had was chicken liver tikka in Keithley,Yorkshire.Never seen that anywhere else.

Morning Brian - you're up early!  

I have to say that a chicken liver tikka sounds absolutely awful. Pleased that you enjoyed it, and if I ever see it on a menu, I'll give it a go.

As an aside, it must make a fantastic profit for the restaurant.  Chicken livers are cheap as chips. 

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Morning Brian - you're up early!  

I have to say that a chicken liver tikka sounds absolutely awful. Pleased that you enjoyed it, and if I ever see it on a menu, I'll give it a go.

As an aside, it must make a fantastic profit for the restaurant.  Chicken livers are cheap as chips. 

Lol,we're an hour in front of you don't forget.A little softer than other livers,but very tasty.There are lots of dishes that are as cheap as chips,Chinese and Italian must carry a big mark up.

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Just thought of another Indian dish.It is the signature dish of Clifton in Brick Lane.Sheeps brain Masala.I haven't tried it yet,lol.

I inadvertently ordered brains in a Parisian restaurant some years ago. I won't be ordering it again !

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Tonights menu

I would have 

soft shell crab

Tandoori half chicken

Starter

Kozhi Sukka

Main Course

Navrattan Kofta Korma

Dessert

Kulfi

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Just thought of another Indian dish.It is the signature dish of Clifton in Brick Lane.Sheeps brain Masala.I haven't tried it yet,lol.

Oh, don't. Please guys. Sheep's brains and chicken livers😣. I've not even had breakfast yet.

Avril 

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

But any such a comment is very much their personal decision, you just have to decide whether you feel you have similar views to them, and might therefore feel the same.

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

But any such a comment is very much their personal decision, you just have to decide whether you feel you have similar views to them, and might therefore feel the same.

It's exactly how I feel.

"Worth" is personal.

Art is the best example.

A splash of red paint on a canvas with no real structure could to me be worthless, but if terrierjohn thinks it's amazing and pays £15,000 for it, then it's WORTH that to him.

1 minute ago, Scratchrat said:

It's exactly how I feel.

"Worth" is personal.

Art is the best example.

A splash of red paint on a canvas with no real structure could to me be worthless, but if terrierjohn thinks it's amazing and pays £15,000 for it, then it's WORTH that to him.

You forget that I am a Yorkshireman, with short arms and deep pockets.

• Haha 1