Ncl gives a clearer picture of start in august.

seaman11

17 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Maybe not as planned but hey a sailing is a sailing. I'll go to the middle of the Atlantic and come back at this point. I want on a cruise ship and the ocean now!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Me too!! I'm hoping for Miami sailings as I can drive to that port.  I'm just waiting for the revised plans and I'll book.

• Like 1

I too am impatient for cruising to restart... But those crew return dates screenshots posted on other threads look to be more and more likely. (Apart from the year typo on Star)...

1522135131_Crewreturndates.thumb.png.f710db04ca8cd3dc6305c3f211a09c37.png

1 hour ago, JAMESCC said:

Don't ask me where I got this info from but I was just told those cruises in August and September are not cancelled but are at capacity. That too me means they just might sail at a reduced passenger capacity and do not or can't sell anymore cabins. All speculation but maybe some hope?

If you were around in the 60's the "info" might just be a flashback to a bad acid trip...:classic_wacko:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, njhorseman said:

This article was posted and discussed on another thread earlier today. All the article is doing is regurgitating which cruises are listed on the NCL website as sailing since they deleted the Alaska and New England/Canada cruises a couple of days ago. It is not the result of any statement or announcement by NCL, and in fact the website still says only that cruises have been cancelled through July 31, despite there no longer being any August cruises listed save the lone Encore listed as sailing to Bermuda on August 23, but mysteriously listed as sold out.

Interestingly my August 9th Encore sailing to Bermuda is still in my account, no changes that others are describing as on hold or pending payment.  I can still book everything except dinning.  I'm wondering if there will be reduced capacity cruises which is why it was sold out/moved as the usual cancellation process removes from the website and makes changes in the cruise account online before notification is received.  

Just now, sparkygirlfamily said:

Interestingly my August 9th Encore sailing to Bermuda is still in my account, no changes that others are describing as on hold or pending payment.  I can still book everything except dinning.  I'm wondering if there will be reduced capacity cruises which is why it was sold out/moved as the usual cancellation process removes from the website and makes changes in the cruise account online before notification is received.  

Given that the CEO of NCLH said that he doesn't expect cruises to resume until late third quarter/early fourth quarter and that a leaked NCL document showed that the first cruise was possibly going to take place in the last week of September I have trouble understanding why people still cling to the hope of cruising in early August. Why isn't the statement of the CEO enough to convince you that cruises such as yours aren't going to take place?

Further as of this morning all NCL cruises in September have been wiped off their website and can no longer be booked.

Most of the cruise lines including NCL have been cancelling their cruises only a month at a time even after they know the cruises can't possibly sail, in order to hold on to passengers' money as long as possible. Once they announce a cancellation they're on the hook to start processing refunds and they want to delay that process as long as possible .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevio said:

I too am impatient for cruising to restart... But those crew return dates screenshots posted on other threads look to be more and more likely. (Apart from the year typo on Star)...

1522135131_Crewreturndates.thumb.png.f710db04ca8cd3dc6305c3f211a09c37.png

I was booked on the NCL Getaway from Rom August 20th and there was an error message on the NCL homepage for days when I tried to do the final payment.

asked my NCL travel agent today about it and she confirmed that the cruise is cancelled (only talking about Getaway Aug 20th sailing) and an email will be send out shortly (not sure if shortly is hours, days, or weeks)

IMHO, there is less than a 50:50 chance of NYC re-opening its cruise terminal for cruise ship to embark and disembark this summer - August is around the corner, but "possible".  We are still (NYC) on "Phase 1 of NY Pause" & just restarted, maybe will move to Phase 2 at the end of June (as early as next week,) maybe not until early July.  I just don't see the Encore coming up to NY anytime soon, even if Bermuda is prepared to re-open Dockyard for arrivals - and late summer/early Fall is prime season for hurricane & those fast-moving Nor-Easter up the coast. 

There is a possibility, I think, of a cruise by invitation only ... maybe, one-time appreciation cruise, limited to and open for residents of NY-NJ area active first responders only, maybe just active healthcare personnel - to demonstrate the changes made and as a pilot trial with new measures in place.  That can be a good public/media relations move, sailing at reduced (25% or 50%) capacity.   Again, this is highly speculative and strictly just my imagination of how to market and promote the new cruise experience, no facts or insiders info to speak of.

Besides, no work or modifications have been done, from what we've seen/heard/read - to the 3 NCL ships currently docked at VA on a warm laid up , to meet (exceed) the new standards set forth by CDC (plan approvals, still in progress & discussion) i.e. new/extra HEPA filters, barriers, hand wash stations, etc.  Wait, I know, FDR has a magic wand.  

In our dreams, we are all cruising.  Stay safe & healthy.  Popcorn, anyone. 

Edited by mking8288

NJ is about 2 weeks from phase 3. We are doing really well, following the rules and in my opinion opening smart.
I am extremely worried about Florida, and Texas as they are exploding in cases now. Open too fast, too quickly without proper rules in effect. They didn't even seem to follow any of the guidelines.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

NJ is about 2 weeks from phase 3. We are doing really well, following the rules and in my opinion opening smart.
I am extremely worried about Florida, and Texas as they are exploding in cases now. Open too fast, too quickly without proper rules in effect. They didn't even seem to follow any of the guidelines.

I agree. We haven't done  a perfect job in NJ...no one can...but the government's actions in most cases have been on point, and NJ's citizens have overwhelmingly behaved responsibly . 

We're too often the butt of ignorant jokes,...perhaps how we've handled COVID-19 will help boost our image with the myopic critics.

• Like 1

I agree. We haven't done  a perfect job in NJ...no one can...but the government's actions in most cases have been on point, and NJ's citizens have overwhelmingly behaved responsibly . 

We're too often the butt of ignorant jokes,...perhaps how we've handled COVID-19 will help boost our image with the myopic critics.
Yes I agree. I saw a pickup truck the other the other day with giant letters that said Murphy is a tyrant. I mean honestly, can I have just a small break. In the end I think we will be proven to have done this correctly. Listening to science will do just that.
Did we, did the government make mistakes here, absolutely. No one is without fault. Do I think there was any malicious intent, heck no. Just trying to save lives.
Maybe and I would laugh if this was the case, cruises start here in NJ and Florida has to hold off because of cases exploding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

I agree, waiting for AC to open.   opening in may was a bad idea for texas and florida, but we know why they did it.   and now im not feeling so confident they may have a covid setback. 

17 minutes ago, room with a view said:

What are your thoughts on September cruises in Europe .. any indication that they may go ahead ???

No one knows for sure, however some may start before us ports. their covid numbers are looking better,  now would they allow US citizens on them idk. 

2 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

No one knows for sure, however some may start before us ports. their covid numbers are looking better,  now would they allow US citizens on them idk. 

Just checked NCL website and there are no September cruises to Europe .. so I have my answer.

It was always debateable that GB and USA visitors would be allowed !!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, room with a view said:

What are your thoughts on September cruises in Europe .. any indication that they may go ahead ???

As all September NCL cruises are removed from their website in an apparent prelude to cancellations with reports on other threads claiming September fully paid cruises have changed to balance to be paid status I would guess no Chance of any Sept' European sailings going ahead.

Edit Ahh.. I am a slow typer and see you already have your answer.

I have an October Getaway cruise booked and am certain that is not happening either.

Edited by Stevio
Addition

17 hours ago, seaman11 said:

https://www.traveloffpath.com/norwegian-cruises-reopening-everything-you-need-to-know/

So it seems those missing cruises in early august will be canceled and the real start up date is aug 23rd.   

(I didnt feel good about ncl in aug so my sailing is in sept.    )

They just had  another round of lays offs this week that hasn’t hit news circuit yet. Not hopeful of booking something with them now. 

We were considering booking something. But i heard they  just had  another round of lays offs this week that hasn’t hit news circuit yet. Not hopeful of booking something with them now. I guess we are going to have to book a timeshare somewhere. 

2 hours ago, mking8288 said:

IMHO, there is less than a 50:50 chance of NYC re-opening its cruise terminal for cruise ship to embark and disembark this summer 

I agree, but I am even going to go as far as saying that I don't see it happening in 2020.

"Don't ask me how I know" LOL (seriously, please don't), but I have also seen RCI's (Royal/Celebrity) proposed schedule.  This has not been leaked online anywhere to my knowledge (and I am NOT going to be the first to do so  plus I am going to be intentionally vague to protect my sources.) 

That said, I wouldn't count on any NY/NJ cruises in 2020.  For those who guessed that the first cruises back will be in Asia, that's a good bet.

The NCL and RCI schedules are fairly consistent, so I think the leaked NCL schedule is a pretty good guide for how it's going to go down.

Edited by pcakes122

7 minutes ago, Joan18 said:

They just had  another round of lays offs this week that hasn’t hit news circuit yet. Not hopeful of booking something with them now. 

i should have left that CC dispute going, i canceled it because all my missing fcc suddenly poped up 2 weeks after it should have. 

3 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

i should have left that CC dispute going, i canceled it because all my missing fcc suddenly poped up 2 weeks after it should have. 

Awful. I just find it sneaky and unethical to have these sailings up to collect funds, and they are laying off their employees. It’s like buying a car from a dealership that’s closing. Lol 

• Like 1

While one would think they would have released them already - it's entirely possible layoffs are in the logistics/provisioning department.  With no cruises sailing they don't need anyone on staff to arrange/buy large amounts of fuel and supplies, leaving a skeleton crew to assist in provisioning the ships for the crew meals.

Is it a sign of the company going under?  Possibly, but that's a pessimist point of view.  More likely than not - it's just the company trying to save even more money to make a recovery more likely.

Let's be real - with no cruises sailing there are A LOT of people in the company that are not needed.  They tried to do the right thing by their employees by keeping them on payroll as long as they did but with at least 2-3 more months of no cruises it just doesn't make sense to continue paying them.

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Given that the CEO of NCLH said that he doesn't expect cruises to resume until late third quarter/early fourth quarter and that a leaked NCL document showed that the first cruise was possibly going to take place in the last week of September I have trouble understanding why people still cling to the hope of cruising in early August. Why isn't the statement of the CEO enough to convince you that cruises such as yours aren't going to take place?

Further as of this morning all NCL cruises in September have been wiped off their website and can no longer be booked.

Most of the cruise lines including NCL have been cancelling their cruises only a month at a time even after they know the cruises can't possibly sail, in order to hold on to passengers' money as long as possible. Once they announce a cancellation they're on the hook to start processing refunds and they want to delay that process as long as possible .

Winner, winner!  I've said the same thing that Del Rio is ON record as saying late 3Q early 4Q.

Many don't remember or think he said it, or just in denial.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Do you have some inside knowledge of the CDC?  My expectation if they extend the no sail order that it will be a short extension so that cruising can resume before the election.

Not cruising from Florida.  We hit our all time high on infections today. South FL another 500

Just wait till the kids go back to school in August, Colleges start. By late August early September we will be hitting new highs.

Lets not forget 4th of July!!!  So July 18th should be a big day.

Lets not Forget the 20,000 person rally coming up in Tulsa on Saturday, So 14 days later.........

No cruising in 2020 at all.

Just found out 2 of my cruises in February 2021 are now cancelled.

Steve

4 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Winner, winner!  I've said the same thing that Del Rio is ON record as saying late 3Q early 4Q.

Many don't remember or think he said it, or just in denial.

he did say that, it is part of the reason i didnt feel good about ncl this summer,  however isnt sept the 3rd quarter? 

4 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Not cruising from Florida.  We hit our all time high on infections today. South FL another 500

Just wait till the kids go back to school in August, Colleges start. By late August early September we will be hitting new highs.

Lets not forget 4th of July!!!  So July 18th should be a big day.

Lets not Forget the 20,000 person rally coming up in Tulsa on Saturday, So 14 days later.........

No cruising in 2020 at all.

Just found out 2 of my cruises in February 2021 are now cancelled.

Steve

Yep and Jacksonville one of the first beaches to open has now closed beaches/bars.