Ncl gives a clearer picture of start in august.

seaman11

58 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

https://www.traveloffpath.com/norwegian-cruises-reopening-everything-you-need-to-know/

So it seems those missing cruises in early august will be canceled and the real start up date is aug 23rd.   

(I didnt feel good about ncl in aug so my sailing is in sept.    )

This article was posted and discussed on another thread earlier today. All the article is doing is regurgitating which cruises are listed on the NCL website as sailing since they deleted the Alaska and New England/Canada cruises a couple of days ago. It is not the result of any statement or announcement by NCL, and in fact the website still says only that cruises have been cancelled through July 31, despite there no longer being any August cruises listed save the lone Encore listed as sailing to Bermuda on August 23, but mysteriously listed as sold out.

• Like 5

I noticed everything from august through September either sold out or not available. Kind of strange seeing 2 months worth and than only one week of august remaining. My imaginary cruise is August 9, lol.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

This article was posted and discussed on another thread earlier today. All the article is doing is regurgitating which cruises are listed on the NCL website as sailing since they deleted the Alaska and New England/Canada cruises a couple of days ago. It is not the result of any statement or announcement by NCL, and in fact the website still says only that cruises have been cancelled through July 31, despite there no longer being any August cruises listed save the lone Encore listed as sailing to Bermuda on August 23, but mysteriously listed as sold out.

You must be fun at parties horse man. 😐

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Love my butler said:

Sounds very optimistic.  I hope it goes, but I seriously doubt it considering so many states/countries have to give the OK first.

These covid cases need to come down.  Many carribean countries gave the ok whenever cruises are ready (cdc clearance) they are welcoming ships.  The problem is the two best state's  with the best shot at starting , their covid cases have risen .  

2 hours ago, seaman11 said:

https://www.traveloffpath.com/norwegian-cruises-reopening-everything-you-need-to-know/

So it seems those missing cruises in early august will be canceled and the real start up date is aug 23rd.   

They won't be sailing out of the US in August, expect the CDC to extend their order for at least another 100 days when it expires.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

These covid cases need to come down.  Many carribean countries gave the ok whenever cruises are ready (cdc clearance) they are welcoming ships.  The problem is the two best state's  with the best shot at starting , their covid cases have risen .  

be careful... seaman11 might tell you that you are doom and gloom... LOL

its all good my friend. I do believe they will start this year... 'possibly' in September but we are slowly getting toward more reasonable timeframes when they will start

I guess the CDC cancelling the 100 day order is not gonna happen , huh??

Keep the faith my friend and stay optimistic. we do need more optimistic folk here. It doesnt hurt to be optimistic IF you keep the facts in mind.

Fingers crossed for September!

• Haha 1

Currently, all August cruises have been removed from booking (actually, here was only one Encore cruise that was coming up on searches for a while). So, rather than posting yet another Fake News article, focus on what NCL is doing with their inventory. 

September cruises out of Miami are all in the search, but the inventory is being locked out. 

50 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Currently, all August cruises have been removed from booking (actually, here was only one Encore cruise that was coming up on searches for a while). So, rather than posting yet another Fake News article, focus on what NCL is doing with their inventory. 

September cruises out of Miami are all in the search, but the inventory is being locked out. 

Fake news?  Well i didnt write it . but if i didnt post a link im sure you would have something negative to say about that also.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Fake news?  Well i didnt write it . but if i didnt post a link im sure you would have something negative to say about that also.  

You posted a link which said "everything you need to know" and added nothing new.  You decided since 8/23 was still available it must be sailing to Bermuda.  Few believe the first and only August cruise will be to Bermuda.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, mugtech said:

You posted a link which said "everything you need to know" and added nothing new.  You decided since 8/23 was still available it must be sailing to Bermuda.  Few believe the first and only August cruise will be to Bermuda.

I am afraid this was total  fake news. Here the reasoning:

If you look it mentions London - No cruise ships this year and 14 Quarantine still in place. our ports are closed this year to cruise ships and in any event NCL do not sail to London (unless you are mad enough to think Southampton is London - 80 miles away and two hours if you are lucky by road)

NCLH themselves say they can not launch all the ships in the same month - so more trash in the article

and here from the article is the total trash

"Nowegian Cruises has officially announced they will be reopening for sailings starting on August 23rd, 2020. 

According to the Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) website, the first sailing is departing New York on the Norwegian Encore to Bermuda."

There is  no announcement all it is a mistake on the booking part of the  website. Yet more industry self serving gossip. Another journalist scratching around for something to write. And then writes rubbish  

If you look at Bermuda arrivals it is not arriving. 

NCL are not sailing 23 August 2020.

Edited by bmwman
  • Like 3

I wouldn't call it journalism...

We are Trevor & Kashlee Kucheran – Creators of Travel Off Path
We're Canadian, full time travellers, entrepreneurs, and advocates of choosing experiences over things…all so we can travel the world together.

ELIGIBLE PRODUCTS & COLLABORATIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: 

Accommodation Reviews (Hotels & Vacation Rentals)

Airline and other Transportation

Apps, Planning, or Booking sites

Brand Ambassadorships & Sponsored Posts

Guest Posts or Blogs

Product or Service Reviews

Social Media Takeovers

Travel Products (women's/men's clothing, luggage, equipment or accessories)

Edited by onetimearoundtheworld
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, seaman11 said:

You must be fun at parties horse man. 😐

Me too seaman!

What njhorseman and now bmwman have posted clearly illuminates this story as very poor journalism. A couple of weeks ago, I posted somewhere that, in my view, the most realistic return plan I see is Seabourn (luxury end of Carnival corporation). They have a staggered return between late October and November, albeit they have only 5 ships in total.....but even that is still far from certain!

Much more important than any of this is health.....seaman, best wishes for a negative test.....and take good care of yourself in the coming days.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CaptainWes said:

You said August you always said it never wavered. The end of August is August enough for me! This is very encouraging

Actually it was May, June and July, so its inevitable next up is August. We all wish those wanting to sail NOW good luck.  There are just many uncertainties yet.

Cruiselines are only going to cancel a month at a time. 

Del Rio is on record as saying Late 3Q (September) or early 4Q ( October). You would think he had a much better idea of the timeframe.

Until the cruiselines come out with a definite date , all those articles are speculation just like everyone else is doing.

• Like 2

Well then it appears that NCL has now given a much clearer picture of a start in August... It will  be in October at the earliest.

Edited by Stevio
Spelling
  • Like 1

Don't ask me where I got this info from but I was just told those cruises in August and September are not cancelled but are at capacity. That too me means they just might sail at a reduced passenger capacity and do not or can't sell anymore cabins. All speculation but maybe some hope?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would not expect any currently booked cruises for August to October to sail as planned.  Even if they resume sailing, with the closed ports and restricted capacity, itinerary and ports will need to change.  I thought it was reported that they would bring back only 4 ships at first, with shorter sailings?  This seems to make more sense?

I would not expect any currently booked cruises for August to October to sail as planned.  Even if they resume sailing, with the closed ports and restricted capacity, itinerary and ports will need to change.  I thought it was reported that they would bring back only 4 ships at first, with shorter sailings?  This seems to make more sense?
Maybe not as planned but hey a sailing is a sailing. I'll go to the middle of the Atlantic and come back at this point. I want on a cruise ship and the ocean now!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, zqvol said:

They won't be sailing out of the US in August, expect the CDC to extend their order for at least another 100 days when it expires.

Do you have some inside knowledge of the CDC?  My expectation if they extend the no sail order that it will be a short extension so that cruising can resume before the election.