Ncl gives a clearer picture of start in august.

seaman11

47 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

This is why I don't even want to cruise too early with the new "guidelines."  People are not going to follow them.  I actually anticipate fighting on the ships.  (Check YouTube - there have been fist fights on ships for lesser reasons.)  Even now there are situations where folks are getting seriously upset if someone enters a store or restaurant without a mask - people are calling police and getting all up in arms.

Can you imagine a few drunk folks not following guidelines, and some others making comments and confronting them -- and then the crew trying to mediate?  I see drinks and fists being thrown.

I'm more hesitant to cruise because of the mayhem I foresee than Covid.  LOL

Even now there are situations where folks are getting seriously upset if someone enters a store or restaurant without a mask - people are calling police and getting all up in arms.

I have not seen that in my area of Georgia at all...

52 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

the cdc meeting didnt go well im guessing, and texas and florida are having some covid set backs.  im very upset . but its not good news im afraid.  they could have opened slowly in june but no they had to make a statement and the local yokels were all over each other.  smh.  

With the deepest of respect a few months ago you were lauding all the places "opening up" as a sign there would be cruising. and that I was wrong Now you are upset that all these places opened up have ruined you cruises. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Everyone has said to you it would be later than May June July and August 2020. You did feel that NCL had thrown in the towel though.  I agree with you though it should be before 2021 

Edited by bmwman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Even now there are situations where folks are getting seriously upset if someone enters a store or restaurant without a mask - people are calling police and getting all up in arms.

I have not seen that in my area of Georgia at all...

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/25/staten-island-grocery-store-no-mask-woman-fight-gang-up-kicked-out/

Just Google "fights over not wearing mask"  LOL

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bmwman said:

With the deepest of respect a few months ago you were lauding all the places "opening up" as a sign there would be cruising. and that I was wrong Now you are upset that all these places opened up have ruined you cruises. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Everyone has said to you it would be later than May June July and August 2020. You did feel that NCL had thrown in the towel though.  I agree with you though it should be before 2021 

Yes but i did say may was a bit early and there could be a covid setback.  

• Haha 1

No, the Florida government is incompetent.  Look at the cruise ships left floating with people that are USA citizens that needed help.  The Florida government made it a totally business and a non-humanitarian situation. Very sad and quite reprehensible.
It is still ongoing as proven by the currently reported data on the COVID19 cases.
I am sad for you.
Please be safe.
I think you miss understood my post. I don't live in Florida and I agree with your post.
I'm just saying places like Florida that did things incorrectly could mess up what we did it NJ and NY that did things right.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

20 hours ago, seaman11 said:

https://www.traveloffpath.com/norwegian-cruises-reopening-everything-you-need-to-know/

So it seems those missing cruises in early august will be canceled and the real start up date is aug 23rd.   

(I didnt feel good about ncl in aug so my sailing is in sept.    )

Aha now that is cancelled too.

Will you now admit that you have been wrong about the industry start date and realise what a lot of rubbish the article you linked to  was. Hope fully that he last we have heard of that Jouno.

BTW how are you feeling with your  Covid symptoms - a lot better I hope. 

Just now, bmwman said:

Aha now that is cancelled too.

Will you now admit that you have been wrong about the industry start date and realise what a lot of rubbish the article you linked to  was. Hope fully that he last we have heard of that Jouno.

BTW how are you feeling with your  Covid symptoms - a lot better I hope. 

How is oct looking? 😄

• Like 3

1 minute ago, seaman11 said:

Yes but i did say may was a bit early and there could be a covid setback.  

Fair comment sir you have said all of that 

I am genuinely sorry for you because you are so passionate about the cruises but I hace said all along you are reading to much into industry hype.

NCL has canceled all August and September sailings.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23100-norwegian-oceania-and-regent-cancel-august-and-september-sailings.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
And there it is. That a done deal. My guess is the CDC has told the lines they are going to extend the no sail order at least 100 more days. The big three do things in tandem. One isn't gonna sail, one isn't going to cancel without the others doing the same.
There goes our second Oasis cruise cancelled. Have to lift and shift to next year. Time to book Amtrak to somewhere in the US because cuises are done for God only knows when. It it'll be a miracle if they are sailing by next summer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

I think you miss understood my post. I don't live in Florida and I agree with your post.
I'm just saying places like Florida that did things incorrectly could mess up what we did it NJ and NY that did things right.

OK, yes I did misunderstand your post! Sorry....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seaman11 said:

How is oct looking? 😄

Seaman11 - I really want to applaud you for a moment. You have been the main optimist on this forum and tried to keep a positive attitude for cruising and when you started to talk about others as doom and gloom, you fought back. Now it turns out you see more of the light of what people were saying and for the most part agree with the doom and gloom folk.

You are still getting heat for this and yet you are keeping your head up and taking it in stride. Not fighting back or trying to persuade anyone. This is all a learning process for all of us and no one had a crystal ball.

and now it looms you 'might' actually have covid...

Keep your head up and stay as positive as you can. You are an example of someone gracefully learning from your mistakes. Its a breath of fresh air because we wont always agree but you have taken a great attitude with this.

While I didnt agree with your predictions and your thought process on it, I support your right to come to any conclusions you want to and express them. seems you are looking at the future of cruising with less rose colored glasses at the moment.

I hope cruising starts soon and safely

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

Here's the latest from NCL's website.  Sorry about September, Seaman!

https://www.ncl.com/suspended-sailings

But according to the announcement they still haven't cancelled September's Seattle-based Alaska cruises. How are they going to sail those itineraries given that Canadian ports are closed when have to make a foreign port call for the cruises to be legal?

BTW...those cruises aren't available for sale on the website, so I'm confused.

• Like 1

TRAVEL ALERTUpdated: June 16, 2020 - Suspended 2020 Cruises

The safety, security and well-being of our guests, crew and communities we visit is our number one priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. With COVID-19 continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we have extended our voluntary temporary suspension of voyages through August 30th, 2020 and select cruises in September and October.

We are committed to taking all appropriate steps and actions to combat the spread of COVID-19 and are working closely and in partnership with local, state, federal and global agencies. While this may result in additional future changes, please know our teams are working around the clock to do what is right by our guests and travel partners. We continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide additional updates as they are available.

For the latest information on suspended sailings click here.

The original FCC amount will be returned to the guests' profile. If an affected booking has a previously applied FCC (as a result of a previous suspended sailing), the enhanced value future cruise credit will not be applicable. Bookings under this circumstance will receive the original value of the FCC back to the guests' profile

See the above - as I have been saying if a cruise with an FCC is cancelled the original enhanced value goes- I think Seaman  you argued otherwise. There it is on NCL FAQ

2 minutes ago, hftmrock said:

Seaman11 - I really want to applaud you for a moment. You have been the main optimist on this forum and tried to keep a positive attitude for cruising and when you started to talk about others as doom and gloom, you fought back. Now it turns out you see more of the light of what people were saying and for the most part agree with the doom and gloom folk.

You are still getting heat for this and yet you are keeping your head up and taking it in stride. Not fighting back or trying to persuade anyone. This is all a learning process for all of us and no one had a crystal ball.

and now it looms you 'might' actually have covid...

Keep your head up and stay as positive as you can. You are an example of someone gracefully learning from your mistakes. Its a breath of fresh air because we wont always agree but you have taken a great attitude with this.

While I didnt agree with your predictions and your thought process on it, I support your right to come to any conclusions you want to and express them. seems you are looking at the future of cruising with less rose colored glasses at the moment.

I hope cruising starts soon and safely

Seaman 11 can I echo this and well said hftmrock.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ISLABONITA said:
TRAVEL ALERTUpdated: June 16, 2020 - Suspended 2020 Cruises

The safety, security and well-being of our guests, crew and communities we visit is our number one priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. With COVID-19 continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we have extended our voluntary temporary suspension of voyages through August 30th, 2020 and select cruises in September and October.

We are committed to taking all appropriate steps and actions to combat the spread of COVID-19 and are working closely and in partnership with local, state, federal and global agencies. While this may result in additional future changes, please know our teams are working around the clock to do what is right by our guests and travel partners. We continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide additional updates as they are available.

For the latest information on suspended sailings click here.

Thanks for posting. 

3 minutes ago, hftmrock said:

I agree with this and I also agree with what Seaman posted earlier in this discussion - that the too-soon reopenings combined with people not paying attention to the rules has caused a Covid uptick that makes this the only option for cruiselines.

Imagine folks coming from all the "new wave" states flying into Florida (one of the worst new-wave areas) and all getting on a ship?  The perfect storm for an outbreak.

If people only cooperated maybe Seaman would have had a chance at September.

• Like 2