CLIA puts hold on cruising from USA until September 15th

pumpkin 11

11 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Yes, I thought it was a waste of perfectly good golf balls.

Think about all the odd things we used to do on cruises. No wonder the seas are so messed up today!

Yes, no wonder!  I remember the deck parties for sail-away where they would have all kinds of confetti and streamers flying all over the pool deck - have to think much of that ended up in the ocean as well.  I'm glad we've wised up at least a little bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Name of your first ship..?

Either MTS Jason in Greek Islands about 1971or Song of America about 1980 in theCaribbean. I entered a skeet shooting contest and finished second. I don't think it was the old Carla C. which was my first cruise over new years in about 1969 and the drinks were dirt cheap.  

Edited by dabear
  • Like 1

Well Americans and everyone else  are blocked from the State of Maine unless they arrive with a COVID-19 test within 72 hours of arrival showing a negative result.  Maybe countries and cruise lines need to do the same.  I think Vermont has done the same.

Edited by Oville

On 6/19/2020 at 2:59 PM, Ravbo said:

FLorida is NOT getting our of control.

The number of cases in Florida IS increasing BUT that in mainly due to increased testing.

The important numbers to watch are COVID hospital admissions and COVID ICU admissions both of which are staying constant (NOT INCREASING).

Unfortunate and uneducated comments like yours that are meant to scare people are not helpful.

Not so.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article243775237.html

Edited by EscapeFromConnecticut
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Oville said:

Well Americans and everyone else  are blocked from the State of Maine unless they arrive with a COVID-19 test within 72 hours of arrival showing a negative result.  Maybe countries and cruise lines need to do the same.  I think Vermont has done the same.

Some northeast states (NY, NJ, CT) just put new travel quarantine requirements in place if coming from current hot spot states in the US.

"The advisory, which takes effect at midnight, affects travelers from Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, North and South Carolina, Texas and Utah."

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Some northeast states (NY, NJ, CT) just put new travel quarantine requirements in place if coming from current hot spot states in the US.

"The advisory, which takes effect at midnight, affects travelers from Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, North and South Carolina, Texas and Utah."

I think visitors from NY, NJ, and CT to Myrtle Beach, SC, is the major reason for the spike in covid-19 positives.  Maybe we should send them back home?  Only problem the tourism industry would take a hit.  🍷

Edited by Wine-O