Silversea newbie - Couple of questions

Captain Noodles

Best shorts I have ever seen were immaculately tailored evening Bermuda shorts - satin stripe and all- were at Glyndebourne. The wearer , sporting the de rigueur long black socks and dinner jacket, looked wonderful and cool on a very warm summer evening. He did have good legs too, as I recall

Rp

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, rosepark said:

and dinner jacket, looked wonderful and cool on a very warm summer evening. He did have good legs too, as I recall

I definitely cannot wait to get back on a SS ship and wear elegant shorts and a dinner jacket.  I love it.  And have great legs too.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Lvshack said:

Well I'm the one who first mentioned the Bermuda shorts topic !!! & I have been passed over each time one some one has replied on the topic!!!  No answer from brimary !!! So I have today decided that the silversea board is a very closed club!!! And I'm no longer want to contribute to any more threads !!! 

To our UK friend in Bath, these boards are not a "closed club".  In my view, ALL are welcomed.  Don't be shy and/or absent.  Fire away with your comments, questions, contributions. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 240,276 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

• Like 1

Lvshack - as a fellow Brit. and very occasional contributor to - mostly - the watercooler, I find that if I post a question, or say something particularly interesting (which does not happen often with me) then certainly people respond, and I have found that even after a gap of about two years recently people on the cooler seemed to remember me.  Certainly not a closed club at all, IMO.

P.S.  Wish my better half would be prepared to look as elegant as yours, from your photo.

Lola

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lvshack said:

Well I'm the one who first mentioned the Bermuda shorts topic !!! & I have been passed over each time one some one has replied on the topic!!!

No answer from brimary !!! So I have today decided that the silversea board is a very closed club!!! And I'm no longer want to contribute to any more threads !!! 

Hi, sorry you feel that way........we enjoy your contributions to the boards and hope you will not let a non-reply

affect you.  I have always felt welcomed on here and even if there are differences of opinion? Hope you will come

back.......It is not a "very closed club" at all.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 4:08 PM, Lvshack said:

Well I'm the one who first mentioned the Bermuda shorts topic !!! & I have been passed over each time one some one has replied on the topic!!!

No answer from brimary !!! So I have today decided that the silversea board is a very closed club!!! And I'm no longer want to contribute to any more threads !!! 

What in the world?  I’m perplexed by your post as people have certainly responded to your posts, including me.  

This is a very quiet forum in general with a super small participant group, especially when compared to typical social media sites.  So, if you expect a response to every single post you make, then yeah, the Silversea forum on Cruise Critic is going to continue to disappoint you greatly and probably is not the best website to use.  I’d suggest trying the Silversea Passengers group on Facebook instead as almost every single post will generate at least one reply amongst the thousands of members.

• Like 1

@Lvshack   I think your posts are great and have laughed out loud at your humor, but I know you can't hear me across the pond, but I'm forever grateful you brought the B52s back to my mind

I'm kind of new here too, and I think this is a very welcoming group of generally positive people @brimary included

• Like 3

Lvshack, I’m sorry you feel that way, I personally have really enjoyed our interactions and feel you might have underestimated the friendliness of the SS boards.Ive enjoyed several lively debates with people on here and have often agreed to disagree with members but I can assure you that the vast majority are great people with a common passion. Yes, there are a couple of curmudgeons but they are by far outnumbered by lovely people. Please don’t take offence At this.

On 8/22/2020 at 1:08 AM, Lvshack said:

Seriously ?  talk about throwing your toys out of the cot. What do you want a gold star, pat on the back.

Just go with the flow and enjoy the banter its not all about about you.

On 8/21/2020 at 10:57 AM, brimary said:

Great photo.....Could become the dress code for formal nights on RC when they finally impose their traditions on the newly acquired SS.

For the benefit of Lyshack I Repeat my response to the post which expressed congratulations for the photo and a personal view .Sorry you have to keep repeating no response from Brimary.Think you will find Silversea CC board a very useful and helpful base of information which has certainly provided us with very important information over our 22 years with SS and 13 years on this Board.Hope you find the  Board equally

helpful in making future cruise arrangements and more importantly enjoying.. the Silversea experience .