Breeze out of Port Everglades

cellfree

Dates: November 7, 2020 through March 7, 2021 cancelled.

There goes our January 31 eight night cruise - had a great deal - the search beings again. 

Edited by cellfree
added info
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Dates: November 7, 2020 through March 7, 2021 cancelled.

There goes our January 31 eight night cruise - had a great deal - the search beings again. 

Same for us for our Jan. 10 cruise - 2nd one cancelled for us.  Oh well.

5 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

If your only option is Fort Lauderdale, there's also Princess. The Sky Princess is doing a mix of 4 day and 7 day cruises in that timeframe and prices aren't much higher than Carnival for comparable sailings.

Not my only option, but I have a condo there I haven't been to since Christmas due to quarentine guidelines from Florida, and now NY.  I am 14 days away from Diamond on Carnival - just wanted to get there.  Ugh.

4 minutes ago, Gameck said:

Same for me with out Dec 27th cruise - fourth cancellation since June. Wears me out.

The easy answer is don’t book any more cruises until the current situation improves and cruise lines resume operations. I still have several cruises booked into next year that I booked long before the COVID world, but I have already accepted that they are all likely to be cancelled sooner or later. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The easy answer is don’t book any more cruises until the current situation improves and cruise lines resume operations. I still have several cruises booked into next year that I booked long before the COVID world, but I have already accepted that they are all likely to be cancelled sooner or later. 

Yup, already had at least one cruise impacted by Covid and several land trips. Haven't booked anything new since this started -- no point in doing so.

Breeze will be operating out of Port Canaveral those dates, substituting for the Radiance, which is still in rehab in Europe.  

Passengers originally scheduled for Radiance (four of us) will be rebooked on Breeze by July 10.  I expect cabins will open up on Breeze soon after that.

I just received an email from Carnival regarding my April 10, 2021 cruise on the Breeze out of Port Everglades.  They cancelled the cruise on the Breeze and are moving me to a cruise on the Magic departing from Miami.  They did not include any info regarding stateroom assignment and stated that it would be revealed on July 10th.  This revision includes all cruises on the Breeze from March 13th to April 24th, 2021.

They did not say why the Breeze is not sailing out of Fort Lauderdale.  Carnival is offering a $200 onboard credit if we don't cancel the cruise on the Magic.  I have until September 2020 to cancel.

To be continued...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tattoos said:

I just received an email from Carnival regarding my April 10, 2021 cruise on the Breeze out of Port Everglades.  They cancelled the cruise on the Breeze and are moving me to a cruise on the Magic departing from Miami.  They did not include any info regarding stateroom assignment and stated that it would be revealed on July 10th.  This revision includes all cruises on the Breeze from March 13th to April 24th, 2021.

They did not say why the Breeze is not sailing out of Fort Lauderdale.  Carnival is offering a $200 onboard credit if we don't cancel the cruise on the Magic.  I have until September 2020 to cancel.

To be continued...

The Breeze is not sailing out of Fort Lauderdale because it's being sent to Port Canaveral to replace the sailings for the delayed Carnival Radiance.  There are a few threads on Carnival's itinerary changes that were announced late yesterday and being transmitted to interested parties today (such as the email you received); you can consult any of those to get more details on this.

So they only mention Breeze cruises starting in November. We are scheduled for 6days out of Ft lauderdale on October 18th. I’m assuming this cruise will be cancelled altogether and not “moved” to another port?  Any thoughts or info?

14 minutes ago, jmoak said:

So they only mention Breeze cruises starting in November. We are scheduled for 6days out of Ft lauderdale on October 18th. I’m assuming this cruise will be cancelled altogether and not “moved” to another port?  Any thoughts or info?

I don't have any official info, so I will speculate freely.

Be ready for anything.  They could run it out of Ft. Lauderdale as scheduled, they could cancel it outright, they could move it to a different port, they could do any number of fancy moves that I'm too dense to think of right now.

Does anyone know (unofficially I suspect) when the Breeze will sail out of Port Canaveral? Not on Carnival website yet.

Just read aricle on Cruise Critic as to what Carnival is doing. People booked on the Radiance out of Port Canaveral are now cruising on the Breeze which is being moved from Port Everglades. Sad for us who were booked on the Breeze. Happy for those (I hope) who thought they were going to be on the Radiance but are now on the Breeze. I guess that is why nothing is on the website as all those Cabin adjustments have to be made. I suppose someone had to be bumped!

Edited by cellfree
added info

We were booked for a B2B on the Breeze in January. I wouldn’t mind moving to Port Canaveral if they open up any cabins on the Breeze, but I have no idea of what the itinerary or price is right now as this doesn’t even show up on the booking engine yet.

21 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

If your only option is Fort Lauderdale, there's also Princess. The Sky Princess is doing a mix of 4 day and 7 day cruises in that timeframe and prices aren't much higher than Carnival for comparable sailings.

If you tend to buy the beverage package, Princess might be worth looking at. I had a Breeze 8 day at the end of February which worked out to $118 a day. (I'm quoting the cruise line websites for prices here, balconies in both cases). A current Caribbean Princess 7 day sailing the same date with their Princess Plus package - Gratuities, Beverage Package, and WiFi - works out to be $134 per day after you subtract out what your saving on grats so it's an apples to apples comparison with Carnival.

$16 a day for a beverage package and wifi looks like a good deal even if you aren't that big of a drinker.

• Like 1

Me too.  I was supposed to sail on December 5th.  Not happy that they bumped our cruise to accommodate the Radiance passengers, and I'm sure Radiance passengers aren't thrilled either.  This would've been my Mom's first cruise...she's 77, and I don't foresee that I can take her with me next year, but it is a possibility.  That is disappointing....I booked this cruise in the fall of 2018!

I'm taking the refund.  I'm already booked on the Sunrise in December 2021 and there just isn't a time I can cruise before then.  I also don't want any hassles with masks, etc. on my vacation and even though my boss is very chill I have one co-worker that would squawk if I went to Florida and didn't do the 2 week quarantine when I got home to NJ.

As I already said, someone had to be bumped. But wouldn’t it have made sense to keep the Port Everglades Breeze Cruisers happy. As JerseyGirlJen suggested now the Breeze Cruisers out of Port Everglades are disappointed and those already booked on the Radiance might not be happy with the Breeze and the cabins they are assigned either. 

• Like 1