Ship change Grand to Regal cabin allocations..

Bizziecruzer

Can see Regal and new canin in personalizer but no email yet. We have an s4 suite which was mid ship on the Grand but is sort of more aft than mid on the Regal. I have asked my ta to try and get us the most forward of those cabins as they've assigned us one farther aft

They have also changed the name of the cruise from European sampler to land of the midnight sun,!  That usually implies a Scandinavian cruise which we did NOT  book!  Ta doesn't know yet if the itinerary has changed. Will cancel the whole thing if that's the case. Dh has no desire to do Scandinavia. Sigh. This whole year and maybe next has just been a complete disappointment!!

15 minutes ago, nullroute said:

We had one of the two S1s on the Grand, and are now in an S5 on the front with a sloping wall and (I guess?) unconfigurable twin beds.  Super pissed.

Wow.  I would be super pissed also that's a huge downgrade.  Don't know about the unconfigurable twin beds though.  Does that mean you have to have twins?

5 minutes ago, wookie78 said:

Wow.  I would be super pissed also that's a huge downgrade.  Don't know about the unconfigurable twin beds though.  Does that mean you have to have twins?

Yeah, there's no option for queen beds in the cruise personalizer, just a box with twin beds only.  I emailed my travel planner at princess since I don't have hours to call and try to fix it to see what she says, but looking like a cancel for me.  Shame too, the itinerary is really nice.

We got a nice upgrade so that's good. Interestingly enough I only found out about the switch on Cruise Critic, so I checked my voyage personaliser, and there was the ship change. No email from Princess yet :)

I had Premium Oceanview on the Grand for B2B in the same cabin with my sister in the next cabin.

I found my new cabins in my Personalizer.  My agent had not been informed when I called her yesterday.

On the Regal, they gave us BE balcony as the Regal does not have oceanview cabins.

My 1 Cruise  - C215     My sister  - A120

My 2 Cruise  - A120     My sister  -  C215

My agent will be trying to get us in the same cabin and move us from the forward cabins.

Edited by phabric

I had booked an aft balcony cabin on the Grand as we like the wake views and unobstructed view.  We are moved to a midships balcony on a different deck.  Not at all happy and told it can't be changed when I phoned

5 hours ago, phabric said:

I had Premium Oceanview on the Grand for B2B in the same cabin with my sister in the next cabin.

I found my new cabins in my Personalizer.  My agent had not been informed when I called her yesterday.

On the Regal, they gave us BE balcony as the Regal does not have oceanview cabins.

My 1 Cruise  - C215     My sister  - A120

My 2 Cruise  - A120     My sister  -  C215

My agent will be trying to get us in the same cabin and move us from the forward cabins.

My agent was able to get these cabins changed to aft cabins and in the same cabins for both cruises.

19 hours ago, oldjetdriver said:

Did the cruise price remain the same?  My cruise personalizer shows that the price went up and a deposit is due in 2 days

Booking Balance: $xxxx

Deposit due by Jul 24, 2020 or booking will be cancelled.

Others have posted that the price increase and deposit request should disappear once Princess updates the booking correctly.

Still it would not hurt to verify this with your booking agent.

Email I received re change in ship advised we would be notified no later than 23 July of new booking details. Hopefully when they send that we will have correct pricing. Can see new cabin in cruise personaliser but wrong pricing. It's now 6pm 23 July where I live......

3 hours ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Email I received re change in ship advised we would be notified no later than 23 July of new booking details. Hopefully when they send that we will have correct pricing. Can see new cabin in cruise personaliser but wrong pricing. It's now 6pm 23 July where I live......

Our pricing has been changed to the previous pricing.

Very disappointed in Princess and our ta(big box in NH)!!

No notification from either!

We booked for the Grand Late 2019 because an accessible cabin is needed - all good till I looked at our planner today for the Regal
1. changed booking number

2. changed category that we deposited on from a BB to BE

3. changed to a non accessible cabin far from an elevator

Princess site is not any help as “cabin availability and pricing are not available at this time”.

At least the people here on cruise critic are on top of changes - thank you

Hal

We were upgraded from an OV to an Obstructed Balcony.   The price had gone up.   I contacted via email my Princess Vacation Planner; she corrected the price, noticed we were supposed to get a $25pp onboard credit for the move so added that, too.   I also asked for a cabin in the same category, but different location, she quickly made that change.

Very easy, and we're happy with the obstructed balcony instead of the obstructed ocean view 🙂

now just hope we all really get to take this cruise.

Mary

3 hours ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Has anyone received formal notification from Princess of cabin change? We are on 7 Aug cruise and gave not received anything yet. 

I noticed my change on my Personalizer on Tuesday, contacted my agent by phone right away and she had not received anything.  I emailed my agent the next day and she was able to change cabins to ones I wanted.

Normally, if using an agent they would receive the information then pass it on to the client.  Try contacting your agent or if you booked directly with Princess call them.

We are also on August 7 Norwegain Fjords and August 14 Scanadinavia.  Princess had allocated 2 cabins on 2 different decks (on the Grand we were in the same cabin for both cruises), forward cabins, and my sister was not beside us. 

I booked direct with Princess.  Contacted them and they advised that nothing had been sent out as yet as they were doing some manual changes to the bookings and until they were complete I wouldn't receive formal notification. Disappointed in Princess as they did not fulfil the promise of advice no later than 23 July. 

I know that Princess can change ships, cancel ports, and change itinerary it is in their contract.

I was wondering if anybody received any OBC or anything from Princess for switching from Grand to Regal?

4 minutes ago, Bizziecruzer said:

I booked direct with Princess.  Contacted them and they advised that nothing had been sent out as yet as they were doing some manual changes to the bookings and until they were complete I wouldn't receive formal notification. Disappointed in Princess as they did not fulfil the promise of advice no later than 23 July. 

Are you happy with the cabin they allocated you?  If not, it would be easier to contact them now since they are still allocating cabins.

They give you a new booking number with the change.

Edited by phabric

I got my formal notification yesterday (UK).It does seem like the fares have come down since initial booking. Question.....can you refare and keep the same  cabin? The one we have been charged to looks good to me. 

ETA...26th June cruise 

Edited by ohnonotmeagain

I did not want to start a new thread, but hoping Pam from California or other guru's could chime in here.  I was in a Window Suite (midship) on the Grand.  That translated to C101 (forward) on the Regal.  I have never been on a Royal class ship.  I read that another Window Suite  passenger was successful in getting reassigned to the suites on the Riviera deck.  

Keeping in mind...the distance to the elevators and the elevator crowds midship elevators

Keeping in mind...the higher deck (14) vs way forward (10)

Keeping in mind...fact that aft elevators only allow you to go to deck 7 (deck 6 dining room) before you have to wind your way through the maze to get to the Piazza.

What can I expect from being in a forward cabin on the Iceland/Norway cruise in June?  Am I better off keeping C101?  

Thank you for your comments.

On 7/23/2020 at 1:47 AM, caribill said:

Others have posted that the price increase and deposit request should disappear once Princess updates the booking correctly.

Still it would not hurt to verify this with your booking agent.

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I did not want to start a new thread, but hoping Pam from California or other guru's could chime in here.  I was in a Window Suite (midship) on the Grand.  That translated to C101 (forward) on the Regal.  I have never been on a Royal class ship.  I read that another Window Suite  passenger was successful in getting reassigned to the suites on the Riviera deck.  

Keeping in mind...the distance to the elevators and the elevator crowds midship elevators

Keeping in mind...the higher deck (14) vs way forward (10)

Keeping in mind...fact that aft elevators only allow you to go to deck 7 (deck 6 dining room) before you have to wind your way through the maze to get to the Piazza.

What can I expect from being in a forward cabin on the Iceland/Norway cruise in June?  Am I better off keeping C101?  

Thank you for your comments.

I am in the same boat as you-was assigned B102.  So as far as decks are concerned,  9-11 are very stable.  There is a little more motion felt up front but being on decks 10 and 11 should help.  Also as far as getting our cabin changed from an S5 to S4 without paying the going rate for the S4 suite(which is $9305pp), you would have to need an ADA cabin.  I have slight mobility issues so I asked in the first place, but am definitely not even going to try for someone who needs it ADA cabin as I am not that bad.  So am staying with what I have for free and am extremely happy.  By the way this is from a Customer Relation Services person, not the general rep. I just got off the phone with her after waiting 1:32 hrs!  But well worth it.  She also changed within seconds that I owed a deposit or more towards the deposit.  That is correct.  She says that we don't need to pay more and won't be cancelled even though it says so, but is nice to know she took care of it.  So all is now well.  While I had her on the phone I thought I would ask about my refunds coming from two cruises(B2B) I cancelled back in April.  She looked them up and saw what I said was accurate and immediately wrote an email to processing and told me three times that I would have my refunds completely processed by end of work today!!!!!!!  So definitely worth the wait to get through. 

Pooh

Just received this email from Princess

Princess Cruises®
en_spacer.gif
IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR YOUR CRUISE

Dear Princess Guest:

As you are aware, your voyage that was previously scheduled to sail on Grand Princess will now take place on Regal Princess. We are currently in the process of moving your reservation, however, this is taking longer than projected due to system limitations. We appreciate your patience as we work through this process.

At this time, we anticipate it may take several days for your information to completely transfer over. During the booking transition process you may notice differences between your old and new booking, including pricing, stateroom location, and missing items, but please be assured that is being corrected. Some guests may have already received new booking confirmations with incorrect information, which can be disregarded. Please know that we are working diligently to make sure your information is updated as quickly as possible.

We ask that you please wait until you receive a final updated booking confirmation from us before calling about any booking issues. We anticipate you will receive an updated booking confirmation within the next week.

We thank you again for your patience and look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

Princess Cruises

Notice: This is an automated email; please do not reply as this mailbox is not monitored.

Pr

Thanks Pooh.  I had both knees replaced this year.   I am hoping to be 100% better by the time this cruise rolls around.  I am concerned about elevators and stairs.  I wish they had placed all suites midship or aft. I appreciate your feedback on being forward. 

Are you concerned about movement on Riviera deck with your move to mid-aft?

Edited by cr8tiv1

We are on the August 7 Norwegian Fjords cruise.  On the Grand, we had paid extra for a premium aft facing balcony.  We saw our new room assignment on the Regal yesterday.  They moved us to a midship balcony.  I was really angry.  There was no reason to move us out of an aft facing balcony to midship, because there are more aft facing balconies on the Regal than the Grand.  I contacted my TA and asked him to contact Princess as soon as possible to get us moved to an aft facing balcony like we had booked.  He was able to do that, but he told me it took him 1 1/2 hours!

I am really disappointed in Princess.  I am not happy about the ship change at all;  I don't care for the Regal - about 1,000 more passengers, no promenade deck, and tiny balconies.  And since they changed the ship, disappointing many of us, the least they could and should do is place everyone in staterooms similar to what they originally booked on the Grand.  I'm happy that my agent was able to get me back to an aft facing balcony, but he should not have had to spend 1 1/2 hours doing it.  Princess should be looking to please their passengers, not annoy them.