CL/SL future when cruising returns.

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

CL

Small windowless rooms on most ships.

When cruising returns RCL will probably have renamed them all with SL name plaques.

Graham, none of those exist anymore as far as I know. Maybe Voyager or Explorer, but that's it. 

The jewels are Quantum and Radiance ships. Both of those are quite nice

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I have only seen one cruise where Suite guest couldn’t get a table in the CK.  This was because of a high number of Pinnacles. Try again. 

If you want the access you want, just step up and book appropriately. I have no issue if Royal wants to give P’s, D+, or D space. 

This is just too much.

M8 

I remember you saying the number of Suite guests exceeded the seating capacity of the SLs.

Fortunately I can afford to book what I want but I'm afraid cruising is going to be a totally different experience when we can all sail again and the magic of cruising might be gone forever.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I have only seen one cruise where Suite guest couldn’t get a table in the CK.  This was because of a high number of Pinnacles. Try again. 

If you want the access you want, just step up and book appropriately. I have no issue if Royal wants to give P’s, D+, or D space. 

This is just too much.

M8 

Graham does have a point, though. On an Oasis ship, CK does not have the capacity to feed all the suite guests on any given night, and you definitely will need to be flexible in your dining slots. Luckily the rule of large numbers makes it work. But if you throw a lot of Pins into the mix, it gets a lot more complicated. Especially when some are rude and needy.

Keep in mind, CK was designed in the time of Dynamic Dining. Royal never thought that passengers would eat there every night.😉

The assumption was one night in Grande, one in Silk, one in Icon, maybe two in CK, and two in a specialty venue.  When that failed, they had to do 7 different menus to appease the folks that didn't want to eat in MDR.  That overloaded CK as well, and made it less special than it was in her first year or so. Then to top that off, the amount of Pinnacles skyrocketed and a ton fell in love with the CK/SL setup. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I remember you saying the number of Suite guests exceeded the seating capacity of the SLs.

Fortunately I can afford to book what I want but I'm afraid cruising is going to be a totally different experience when we can all sail again and the magic of cruising might be gone forever.

See the post above

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Graham, none of those exist anymore as far as I know. Maybe Voyager or Explorer, but that's it. 

The jewels are Quantum and Radiance ships. Both of those are quite nice

Explorer definitely when we were on her in October.

I know others have been replaced by cabins.

Radiance are nice but never been on a Quantum ship.

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Graham does have a point, though. On an Oasis ship, CK does not have the capacity to feed all the suite guests on any given night, and you definitely will need to be flexible in your dining slots. Luckily the rule of large numbers makes it work. But if you throw a lot of Pins into the mix, it gets a lot more complicated. Especially when some are rude and needy.

Keep in mind, CK was designed in the time of Dynamic Dining. Royal never thought that passengers would eat there every night.😉

The assumption was one night in Grande, one in Silk, one in Icon, maybe two in CK, and two in a specialty venue.  When that failed, they had to do 7 different menus to appease the folks that didn't want to eat in MDR.  That overloaded CK as well, and made it less special than it was in her first year or so. Then to top that off, the amount of Pinnacles skyrocketed and a ton fell in love with the CK/SL setup. 

Great explanation.

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I’ve just never witnessed this when there were very few P’s onboard. I do know that many Suite Guests do eat in specialty restaurants. Generally, we might do one or two night in specialty and on those night we let them know we will be dinning elsewhere. 

If all the Suites decided to frequent the SL at once, there would be no seats either. The P cruiser for the most part, has a different routine and friends that flock together. 

M8

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I remember those inside, windowless DL.  Not sorry that they are gone.

Independence DL and outside area in my photos is nice.

Strange on the biggest ships like Harmony they put the DL on deck4 without any windows.

IMG_20180528_145338.jpg

IMG_20190525_145256.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Rona?

Covid19 is a big problem for us all.

Limiting capacity of ships and social distancing,mask wearing,washing hands,daily temperature checks.

It is up to high paid executives to come up with solutions to keep their businessess afloat.

Graham.

that won’t keep it off ships 

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’ve just never witnessed this when there were very few P’s onboard. I do know that many Suite Guests do eat in specialty restaurants. Generally, we might do one or two night in specialty and on those night we let them know we will be dinning elsewhere. 

If all the Suites decided to frequent the SL at once, there would be no seats either. The P cruiser for the most part, has a different routine and friends that flock together. 

M8

5:00 PM - 8:00ish PM is high tide in suite lounge from my experience (Oasis ships).  Seats are often accounted for and it’s pretty bustling.  

I see pretty much same crowd at dinner time - I think majority of P and suite guests eat at Costal every night.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The CK on Quantum's was one of the dynamic dining options.  Initially, it was not well received and you could count the passengers in it on one hand at lunch and maybe two hands for dinner. It was expected to be used every night, but passengers just didn't seem attracted to it.  All that changed when it became "special."  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

The CK on Quantum's was one of the dynamic dining options.  Initially, it was not well received and you could count the passengers in it on one hand at lunch and maybe two hands for dinner. It was expected to be used every night, but passengers just didn't seem attracted to it.  All that changed when it became "special."  

You had to be in a suit to use it🤔

It was always special

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Not many left now. But you prefer the DL to the CL on Radiance ships?

Agree, what CLs are left will be going away fleetwide. Yes, the Jewels DL over the CL. Personal preference. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree, what CLs are left will be going away fleetwide. Yes, the Jewels DL over the CL. 

You could be the only person I've ever chatted with that has this 😱

Radiance Class CL is awesome. From the outside area, to the bar, to the 'stage', etc....

What is the redeeming quality of the DL?

Edited by John&LaLa

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You could be the only person I've ever chatted with that has this 😱

Radiance Class CL is awesome. From the outside area, to the bar, to the 'stage', etc....

What is the redeeming quality of the DL?

Different strokes for different folks. Sounds like the DL will be getting more popular in the future for the rest of the D+s. 🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

CL

Small windowless rooms on most ships.

When cruising returns RCL will probably have renamed them all with SL name plaques.

I think most of those windowless CLs have been or will be converted into more inside cabins

• Like 1