Jump to content

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???


If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

766 members have voted

  1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

    • YES
      594
    • NO
      173


Recommended Posts

On 9/13/2020 at 10:16 PM, garywatson said:

 

Oh man the Shingrix shots were 100x more horrible than my experience with the covid vaccine candidate.  I think I might have preferred getting actual shingles.

 

I experienced a sore arm at the injection site from the Shingrix vaccine. That's it.

Edited by coffeebean
Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I read on the points guy, the US is the one of the countries that does not require travelers to provide proof of a negative pcr test before entering.   

Once vaccines are widely available around the world,  I expect other countries and possibly some of the caribbean islands to require proof of vaccine.   

Cruisers that want to visit various ports across the world may need to show proof before entry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We have traveled continually throughout the pandemic and have never been asked to test to check-in to a hotel. Or fly on a plane. 

That doesn't mean that you were not at a greater risk.  That said, I am not a big fan of mandatory testing.  I do believe that vaccinations will help get us closer to the day that testing will not be necessary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

From what I read on the points guy, the US is the one of the countries that does not require travelers to provide proof of a negative pcr test before entering.   

Once vaccines are widely available around the world,  I expect other countries and possibly some of the caribbean islands to require proof of vaccine.   

Cruisers that want to visit various ports across the world may need to show proof before entry.

Good point, testing is not a realistic long-term solution.  The vaccine is the only way out of this crisis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

I experienced a sore arm at the injection site from the Shingrix vaccine. That's it.

I had the Shingrix vaccine yesterday.  I also have a sore arm at the injection site (about the size of my fist) that wasn’t bad enough to wake me when I rolled onto that area during the night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BND said:

In the US, right now it appears there will be enough vaccine for everyone who wants to get it, but it will roll out with front line workers first in line and others to follow based on health and age.  The US was very proactive in purchasing a lot of the developing vaccine.  

Yup, there is finally light at the end of this tunnel 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ace2542 said:

In UK younger people might not get it period end of story. Even privately perhaps.

I also read where no one under 18 will be "allowed" to get it in the UK.  They are doing testing on under 18 currently so, not sure why the UK is going that route.  I won't get too much into the NHS and some of the things I've read on discussion boards in the last couple of years.  Let's just say, my gall bladder removal wasn't an emergency but I was able to get scheduled quickly (less than one month from ultrasound to surgery and only that long because I didn't go right in to see the surgeon).  8 days from seeing the surgeon to surgery.  I saw many, many stories from people in the UK who had to wait on the NHS for up to 18 months for gall bladder removal.  Private was quicker.  So, how many in the UK will travel somewhere to get the shot where it is available, maybe even flying to the US?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BND said:

I also read where no one under 18 will be "allowed" to get it in the UK.  They are doing testing on under 18 currently so, not sure why the UK is going that route.  I won't get too much into the NHS and some of the things I've read on discussion boards in the last couple of years.  Let's just say, my gall bladder removal wasn't an emergency but I was able to get scheduled quickly (less than one month from ultrasound to surgery and only that long because I didn't go right in to see the surgeon).  8 days from seeing the surgeon to surgery.  I saw many, many stories from people in the UK who had to wait on the NHS for up to 18 months for gall bladder removal.  Private was quicker.  So, how many in the UK will travel somewhere to get the shot where it is available, maybe even flying to the US?

 

But people from UK may not be allowed into certain countries without the vaccine we just don't know so that may not be an option. And you would need to make 2 trips even if you could get it overseas. Could be very expensive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

But people from UK may not be allowed into certain countries without the vaccine we just don't know so that may not be an option. And you would need to make 2 trips even if you could get it overseas. Could be very expensive.

Maybe I should have said "how many would try/want to"?  Point is, at least give people the option.  The NHS and UK Gov making the decision for who can and can't get it is a good example of why Gov shouldn't be in the healthcare business.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BND said:

I also read where no one under 18 will be "allowed" to get it in the UK.

 

As we speak the vaccine which all being well has not been tested on children therefore legally it cannot be given to them.  If after testing on under 18s all is well it will be rolled out.  Childrens reactions to vaccines can be very different to adults.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BND said:

Maybe I should have said "how many would try/want to"?  Point is, at least give people the option.  The NHS and UK Gov making the decision for who can and can't get it is a good example of why Gov shouldn't be in the healthcare business.

I guess your way is better . You only get it if you can afford to pay. In the UK the jab will be offered to anyone who needs it, free. That is what the NHS does. The budget is set by government as it is a National Heath Service. Free at the point of use. If you want to go private you can, but don't need to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BND said:

I also read where no one under 18 will be "allowed" to get it in the UK.  They are doing testing on under 18 currently so, not sure why the UK is going that route.  I won't get too much into the NHS and some of the things I've read on discussion boards in the last couple of years.  Let's just say, my gall bladder removal wasn't an emergency but I was able to get scheduled quickly (less than one month from ultrasound to surgery and only that long because I didn't go right in to see the surgeon).  8 days from seeing the surgeon to surgery.  I saw many, many stories from people in the UK who had to wait on the NHS for up to 18 months for gall bladder removal.  Private was quicker.  So, how many in the UK will travel somewhere to get the shot where it is available, maybe even flying to the US?

 

I saw a TV interview yesterday with a Doctor who said younger children such as elementary age and possible middle school age group would not be eligible for the vaccine at first.   1.   the vaccine studies were not performed on children  2.  younger children do not seem to get the symptoms that older teenagers and adults get.   

As there are various vaccines manufacturers across the globe and the Oxford vaccine sounds very promising I don't see people from the UK flying to the US to get vaccinated, not even sure we would vaccinate them.   In fact, I read that the Brits may be the first in the world to be vaccinated.   

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I saw a TV interview yesterday with a Doctor who said younger children such as elementary age and possible middle school age group would not be eligible for the vaccine at first.   1.   the vaccine studies were not performed on children  2.  younger children do not seem to get the symptoms that older teenagers and adults get.   

As there are various vaccines manufacturers across the globe and the Oxford vaccine sounds very promising I don't see people from the UK flying to the US to get vaccinated, not even sure we would vaccinate them.   In fact, I read that the Brits may be the first in the world to be vaccinated.   

 

 

I thought the Russians were the first lol

 

As for the children thing, I know it's been tested on kids between about 12 and 18 in the US.  But, to not give it to anyone at all under 18 seems weird.    I know children don't get as sick, but I wasn't talking about 5 year olds, it was about the fact they said under 18.  Also, unvaccinated children can be carriers. 

 

Article about trials on children:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/26/health/covid-vaccine-pfizer-trial-kids/index.html

 

There's also a few articles discussing the fact we can't defeat Covid without vaccinating children too.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I guess your way is better . You only get it if you can afford to pay. In the UK the jab will be offered to anyone who needs it, free. That is what the NHS does. The budget is set by government as it is a National Heath Service. Free at the point of use. If you want to go private you can, but don't need to.

It will be free for anyone in the US who wants it.  By free, of course we all pay taxes for those "free" things, whether you live in the US or in the UK.  Where did you get the idea that us in the US have to pay for the vaccine?  Our tax money is.  

Edited by BND
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BND said:

Maybe I should have said "how many would try/want to"?  Point is, at least give people the option.  The NHS and UK Gov making the decision for who can and can't get it is a good example of why Gov shouldn't be in the healthcare business.

You are confusing the NHS and the UK Gov.  For instance the UK Gov have no bearing at all on what the Scottish NHS do or indeed in Wales or N.I.  The decision is to do the vaccine buy requirement due to  risk of death rather than ability to pay.

Edited by Dinglebert
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BND said:

I thought the Russians were the first lol

 

As for the children thing, I know it's been tested on kids between about 12 and 18 in the US.  But, to not give it to anyone at all under 18 seems weird.    I know children don't get as sick, but I wasn't talking about 5 year olds, it was about the fact they said under 18.  Also, unvaccinated children can be carriers. 

 

Article about trials on children:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/26/health/covid-vaccine-pfizer-trial-kids/index.html

 

There's also a few articles discussing the fact we can't defeat Covid without vaccinating children too.  

 

 

The article you quoted is stating that they started only at the end of October to give the vaccine to children aged 12-18.  Therefore they are not going to be in a position to state its effectiveness or safety for some time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dinglebert said:

You are confusing the NHS and the UK Gov.  For instance the UK Gov have no bearing at all on what the Scottish NHS do or indeed in Wales or N.I.  The decision is to do the vaccine but requirement rather than ability to pay.

Ability to pay has no bearing in the US.  You are confused.  It's been announced that anyone who wants it will get it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

The article you quoted is stating that they started only at the end of October to give the vaccine to children aged 12-18.  Therefore they are not going to be in a position to state its effectiveness or safety for some time.

I know what the article said.  You said no trials were being done on kids which isn't true. Also, that isn't really the point since the UK didn't say kids would get it once trials are done either.  They said kids wouldn't be getting it.  

 

You also said UK would get it for free and us in the US wouldn't, which is not true.

Edited by BND
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BND said:

I know what the article said.  You said no trials were being done on kids which isn't true. Also, that isn't really the point since the UK didn't say kids would get it once trials are done either.  They said kids wouldn't be getting it.  

 

You also said UK would get it for free and us in the US wouldn't, which is not true.

I didn't say half the things you are stating.  I said no trails had been done on children.  That is true.  They are underway they have not been done.  The UK also didn't say children would not be getting it after the trials.  They just said they were not part of the first rollout which makes perfect sense as the risk to children from Covid is minimal.  I have no concept of who pays and doesn't in the states, I don't live there and don't frankly care.  I believe that the vaccine needs to be given on the basis of risk to the person getting it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I guess your way is better . You only get it if you can afford to pay. In the UK the jab will be offered to anyone who needs it, free. That is what the NHS does. The budget is set by government as it is a National Heath Service. Free at the point of use. If you want to go private you can, but don't need to.

 

Wrong

Link to post
Share on other sites

The part about describing rollout with an exploding head emoji in the article below ...

 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/10/health/pfizer-vaccine-distribution-cold-chain/?hpt=ob_blogfooterold

 

Guess some of the posters’ earlier comments about logistical difficulties with the Pfizer vaccine were on target.

Edited by docruth
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 10:58 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

I agree. It’s sad the amount of deaths in NY long term care facilities. Very sad. Those deaths could have been prevented had CV patients not been sent to those facilities. 
 

M8

I heard that the patients who were sent back to nursing homes were recovered from Covid and no longer contagious. No???

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...