OBC from cancelled cruise

I have searched and can't find anything in regards to it.  I have a substantial amount of OBC from my cancelled 8/23 cruise.  It was issued from an April cancelled cruise planner purchases.  Since it's just sitting there unused do I need to wait until a credit has been issued or can they just transfer it to my cruise next year?  I plan on using it all so that is no problem but I want to get it moved over if I can.

What choice were you given?...Keep as an OBC (ours was 125%) or have them process it at 100 % back to the credit card you used to purchase on the cruise planner.

If you kept as OBC you should call and request it be applied to the cruise of your choice. 

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 2

For my cancelled April cruise I opted for 125%, the credit was issued and I applied to the August one that ended up cancelled.  I didn't use any of it, I thought since I didn't use it that I could transfer to the next cruise.  I didn't opt for the credit for August because it was already from a credit that had been issued.  I didn't do anything because I wasn't sure what to do.  I am so confused.  

Been wanting to ask this question and this appears to be a good thread. I also have a substantial amount of OBC refund. My TA said "it will just remain in cruise planner." Where will I find it? Under the cancelled reservation No.? The cruise was only cancelled last week so I doubt it has been processed yet but when it is processed I would like to know where on RC's site I can find it.

32 minutes ago, 1Texansgo said:

Been wanting to ask this question and this appears to be a good thread. I also have a substantial amount of OBC refund. My TA said "it will just remain in cruise planner." Where will I find it? Under the cancelled reservation No.? The cruise was only cancelled last week so I doubt it has been processed yet but when it is processed I would like to know where on RC's site I can find it.

It does remain in cruise planner.  But it has to be transferred to another cruise from what RC is telling me right now and you have to call them to get it to apply from what I understand.  I am on hold for the resolutions desk to post it to my cruise in April 2021.  I do have a TA but since this is cruise planner related, I can do it myself.  I called the C&AS line and they picked up right away, no wait except with the agent dealing with resolutions.  They were very pleasant and my OBC has been moved to my cruise next year.  Easy peasy.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

I believe the OP said ...OBC from cruise planner purchases.

Thanks I went right over that.

We have $399 each and applied them to two up coming April and May cruises 

haven't seen it pop up yet .

Are ou talking OBC (On Board Credit) or FCC (Future Cruise Credit).

OBC comes from Royal (booking perks) or your travel agent.  They should be shifted to your new cruise.

FCC is one way that you cruise fare (after final payment) or deposit paid.  This is issued as a certificate, that you can apply to the deposit or cruise fare for a later cruise.

I have not heard of any 125% for OBC, that is for FCC instead of a cash refund for the deposit or cruise fare paid.

17 minutes ago, SRF said:

I have not heard of any 125% for OBC, that is for FCC instead of a cash refund for the deposit or cruise fare paid.

If you pre paid items in your "Planner"  you could get a refund or get the 125% as a FOBC

• Like 2

On 7/24/2020 at 1:08 PM, TheMiz said:

If you pre paid items in your "Planner"  you could get a refund or get the 125% as a FOBC

Thanks.

I  saw that after I posted.

• 6 months later...

I know this is an old topic but hopefully Ken can once again set me straight

I did the L&S on a non canceled cruise ( May 7th Japan to Seattle ) 

I had $749 OBC all from Royal when the L&S was complete I lost all $749 

Is this normal ?

2 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Not Ken, but if it was promotional OBC from Royal, then yes. It doesn't move over. 

Some was from a Next Cruise booking

Some was from Royal from the cruise being adjusted 

But $399 was from a FOBC from a canceled May 2020 cruise 

last was a stock holders , but I know I can get that back. hummmm now that I think about it maybe not since the reservation ID is the same 

7 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

Some was from a Next Cruise booking

Some was from Royal from the cruise being adjusted 

But $399 was from a FOBC from a canceled May 2020 cruise 

last was a stock holders , but I know I can get that back. hummmm now that I think about it maybe not since the reservation ID is the same 

It doesn’t automatically follow through.

the next cruise you can call and keep.

you should be able to get the shareholders reapplied...I suspect they don’t keep track but just look at the booking to see what has been applied

the $399 you should also call about and should be able to get that reinstated. 

• Like 1

Hello,

It has taken me three months to get NextCruise OBC if not transferred, at least agreed (by RCI) to be transferable.

I was told for nearly three months that I had cancelled the cruise prior to RCI doing so. Only this week they confirmed they had cancelled the booking. I was told by numerous Guest Service UK & Ireland reps that NC OBC was not transferable to a new booking. One GSR offered, as a 'goodwill' gesture to credit me with less than 50% of the OBC lost. After I wrote 'to the top', a senior manager in the UK said it was transferable, but the minion told to do the deed said that the manager was wrong to have said so.

I shall be eternally grateful to "Ourusualbeach" for forwarding the relevant TA's FAQ that I used to beat over the head of the GSR who then relented on the basis of what I sent.

What this suggests to me is that we poor Brits are poorly served since the move of GSR from the UK to Miami/Guatemala and staff training/internal communications leave a lot to be desired. We, the customers, should not be having to tell them what they are supposed to be doing.

Moan over - time for tea.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

It has taken me three months to get NextCruise OBC if not transferred, at least agreed (by RCI) to be transferable.

I was told for nearly three months that I had cancelled the cruise prior to RCI doing so. Only this week they confirmed they had cancelled the booking. I was told by numerous Guest Service UK & Ireland reps that NC OBC was not transferable to a new booking. One GSR offered, as a 'goodwill' gesture to credit me with less than 50% of the OBC lost. After I wrote 'to the top', a senior manager in the UK said it was transferable, but the minion told to do the deed said that the manager was wrong to have said so.

I shall be eternally grateful to "Ourusualbeach" for forwarding the relevant TA's FAQ that I used to beat over the head of the GSR who then relented on the basis of what I sent.

What this suggests to me is that we poor Brits are poorly served since the move of GSR from the UK to Miami/Guatemala and staff training/internal communications leave a lot to be desired. We, the customers, should not be having to tell them what they are supposed to be doing.

Moan over - time for tea.

Regards,

Cublet

I was able to get my $749 back on after a 7 minute phone call this morning. 

Thanks again Ken

Miz

• Like 2

Following this thread...lots of great information.  (Thanks Ken!)

So, if I have it correctly:

Shareholders OBC can't be transferred but can be reapplied.

Next Cruise OBC can be transferred.

"Goodwill" OBC can be transferred.

Promotional OBC can't be transferred.

Cruise Planner OBC?

Any other OBC's?

3 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Following this thread...lots of great information.  (Thanks Ken!)

So, if I have it correctly:

Shareholders OBC can't be transferred but can be reapplied.

Next Cruise OBC can be transferred.

"Goodwill" OBC can be transferred.

Promotional OBC can't be transferred.

Cruise Planner OBC?

Any other OBC's?

Redeployment obc can be transferred