What do you miss about cruising Celebrity?

8 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I miss the chair hogs that put a towel and a book on a lounger in the Solarium and then don't come back for hours.

Well, they do like to use the other loungers they have "reserved" in the sun out by the pool, and they do need to go and have lunch, plus they like a little snooze in their cabin after their meal. Cut them a bit of slack, would you, they'll eventually make it back! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Well, they do like to use the other loungers they have "reserved" in the sun out by the pool, and they do need to go and have lunch, plus they like a little snooze in their cabin after their meal. Cut them a bit of slack, would you, they'll eventually make it back! 

Ok, you're right.  I promised to be a kinder gentler Pee during the global pandemic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I miss watching people in the Ocean View Cafe serving themselves with their fingers, touching all of the rolls, returning rolls they don't want and finally taking a roll from the bottom of the pile.

We must have been on the same cruise(s ) -- 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Absolutely correct--- Was never badgered once -- Yes, was asked if we wanted to purchase a drink package, specialty dining, spa treatment , etc. It's called " marketing " -- What's the " big deal " ?  I worked in the Service Industry for " years " and everyone deserves the courtesy of a polite reply . I've seen many times , men walking out of the restroom and not acknowledge the attendant's '' Good Evening ".

I'll tell you what's worse than what the writer calls " being badgered "--- Obnoxious big mouths with no social skills as seen on every cruise. 

There’s a time and place for everything. Their time and place is at the entrance to the buffet before lunch. If you’re interested you can stop, if not, walk on by. It’s the same experience as when you leave the port area on a port day. It’s not marketing, it’s just being rude. Name another place where you have this happen. I’ve had it happen several times on X and RCL but never on HAL, MSC, and Princess, I wonder why?

As far as the obnoxious big mouths, with no social skills, that describes the people who flames someone without knowing the whole story. All I say is I’m not interested the first time.

9 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

It’s not marketing, it’s just being rude. Name another place where you have this happen. I’ve had it happen several times

What's rude about asking a " customer " if they might be interested in xxxx ?

Another place ?  Ever go into a department store where the salesperson asks you if you want something else to go with what you bought. If you go to a restaurant, has the Server ever asked you if you would like a drink or dessert . It's called " suggestive selling " where I come from. So, the time and place on a ship is fine. 

9 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

if not, walk on by.

Nice--- very polite--- Just ignore the person--- classy move.

14 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Next time you get into an elevator take a look around and think of what you just wrote. 

Bonne Chance (Good luck )

Raise your hand when you get behind. 🤣 Mine was a tongue in cheek response. :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, cangelmd said:

I'm with the everything person...I don't even mind disembarkation, although it is a sad time.

The best is no dishes!!!!!

Amongst other reasons (at least for us) the good thing about disembarkation is, we are getting closer to the next cruise. Well until this year! 🤬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/17/2020 at 7:42 AM, celebritycruisevlog said:

We try to take the stairs often too.  Great way not for us to gain as much weight. Lol 

I have a Apple Watch. Turned on exercise when going up the stairs.   10 flights 6 calories burned.    

i was now able to have that cheese cake with ice cream and a mudslide.   😋

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

You dont know how much you are going to miss something until its taken away. Like all of us I took it for granted that I could book a cruise whenever I wanted. Now I cant Im gutted. Spent all of March on the Celebrity Eclipse due to the pandemic, got to be honest I miss cruising so much

• Like 1

Just did a L and S on two cruises booked for B2B  first cruise sailing Nov 30, 2020  Don’t want to be a guinea pig.  It is only 3 months away and final payment  for us is due Sept 1.  

I guess I don’t miss cruising enough to take the risk.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 8:54 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

The ocean.  The service.  The interesting places we go to.  Tonight I should be on the Summit on my way to Greenland.  😢

Linda, I always love your posts. Sorry you didn't get to see Greenland.

Lisa

Just thought of other things I miss . Sound familiar ?

LOL----I'm sure you can tell we are not on our honeymoon.

" Again, you're ordering 3 shrimp cocktails "

" How much creme brule can you eat " ?

" You're eating too much red meat "

" I don't care if she's xxx younger than him --- why are you staring" ?

" We just finished dinner -- Now , you want to go to take a " peek " in the Oceanview " ?