Cancellation of November cruise.

hollyjess

Hi.  We have decided that we are going to pay the final balance for our November 2020 Caribbean  Cruise, even though my guess is that it probably won’t happen.  Balance is due at the weekend. 

What does surprise me is that I’ve had no reminders from P&O about the balance being due.  As someone who has booked direct I’d have thought it was in their interest to warn us about the balance being due, and the current status of the cruise.  Next time we will use a TA.  What are peoples thoughts?

For the record we have booked a regular balcony cabin on Britannia. 

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

So pleased that you will be able to enjoy your cocktails without having to mix with us commoners.

Tell us again how many cruises you have been on, in case anyone missed the number the first time around ! 

I think it was on their hat. If the ship hits an iceberg, be prepared to give up your seat on the lifeboat to the first class passengers . But you bought the rolls Rodney🤪

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

You can't have read many of Andy's comments if you seriously believe that - he's one of the regulars on here who has kept me going with his good-natured  and often very funny remarks during the last few difficult months.

I wholeheartedly agree with that statement. Andy is one of the good guys that's kept everyone's spirits up while having to deal with his own difficulties as well. That remark by Balaena was insulting and uncalled for. Good manners cost nothing which is why some don't  think they need them.

Avril 

• Like 4

Well well,  just as well one doesn't have to mix with you lot on a cruise .. unfortunately one does occasionally have to pass some as one walks down the corridor from ones rather special and expensive accommodation but Hey ho times have changed with the type of passenger who cruises these days. Sadly the offer can be so cheap and that it attracts folk who would previously gone to Butlins. Just my observation of course.

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I notice Balaena hasn't had a dig at you yet wowzz. Keep you head down. 

Avril 

I think his first comment was really intended for wowzz, but it happened to be against a response to Andy agreeing with wowzz's sentiments. Whoever it was intended for, his more recent posts have probably increased his target audience yet further.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Balaena said:

Well well,  just as well one doesn't have to mix with you lot on a cruise .. unfortunately one does occasionally have to pass some as one walks down the corridor from ones rather special and expensive accommodation but Hey ho times have changed with the type of passenger who cruises these days. Sadly the offer can be so cheap and that it attracts folk who would previously gone to Butlins. Just my observation of course.

Blimey!!! One certainly does has a high opinion of oneself, doesn’t one? May a humble commoner politely ask why one doesn't cruise on a better class of ship. Or have you more in common with us than you'd like to admit.?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Blimey!!! One certainly does has a high opinion of oneself, doesn’t one? May a humble commoner politely ask why one doesn't cruise on a better class of ship. Or have you more in common with us than you'd like to admit.?

To cruise 150 times (allegedly) on the same cruise line, suggests a certain lack of imagination  !  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

To cruise 150 times (allegedly) on the same cruise line, suggests a certain lack of imagination  !  

Or finances. Maybe the cost of other lines would limit the number of cruises. Just a thought. As a commoner I would also like to pass on an expression my mum used when referring to a particular type of person. Fur coat , no knickers if you get my drift😉

Avril 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

You can tell the real toffs, they stick their pinkie out when drinking afternoon tea and NEVER slurp from the saucer.

They must be rich if they can afford a saucer

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

One should take care with one's comments, or one won't be invited to the Toff's suite for cocktails with the elite. No canapes for you Wowzz. Off to the buffet for your dinner. I'll tug my forelock and see what scraps the posh ones left outside their owners suites for the inside cabin Rif Raf💩

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Balaena said:

You walk from your accomodation?. Roller playing up is it?. Actually one should promenade,let the commoners walk.

3 hours ago, Balaena said:

Well thank you for being so positive, there is much more chance of getting any bug in your inside cabin. Fortunately a suite provides large outside living where meals can be served, invited guests can enjoy a cocktail socially distanced and the patio doors left open at night and indeed the day for fresh air to enter. As for Butlers etc one trusts that P&O will have thoroughly tested their crew to ensure covid is not on board, it is so in their interest not to have an incident such as the Diamond Princess which could ruin the company. 

Sadly I've notice that your various comments are of a negative nature so presume this is just part of your personality.

Looking forward to the cruise, if it doesn't go ahead then there will be good reasons for that so am comfortable either way

Happy Bal

One sincerely hopes that you forgot to add a 'wink' or 'tongue in cheek' emoji at the end of your post. If that is not the case, one feels it says something about your personality that suggests you are perhaps better off remaining in your suite for most of the cruise...

I always thought that balcony doors were not meant to be left open for long periods as it puts strain on the air con system. Of course that may be different in a suite...😉🤔

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Balaena said:

Yeh but P and O?, real posh people would not be seen dead on such a downmarket brand.

Maybe wise to keep one to one’s self in case someone onboard recognises you, i mean how embarrassing would that be?

Edited by Chrisdriving
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, zap99 said:

You walk from your accomodation?. Roller playing up is it?. Actually one should promenade,let the commoners walk.

No no no zap. You know the old Rolls isn't allowed onboard. That's what the sedan chair is for.

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

Blimey, if you think Andy is negative, don't read any of my posts!

I think Andy is a bit of a wolf in sheep clothing his eyes are to close together actually they join in the middle 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Balaena said:

I'll wager the Butlins crowd spend more money on board than the snobs who spend most of the time cooped up in their overpriced suite.

Oh the irony.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, mickrory said:

I'll wager the Butlins crowd spend more money on board than the snobs who spend most of the time cooped up in their overpriced suite.

Oh the irony.

I doubt they are Butlins people. Probably upgrade to Royale in Warner's don't you know.😂

4 hours ago, Balaena said:

who would previously gone to Butlins. 

I  think you'll find it should have been "who would HAVE previously gone to Butlins". Just my observation of course.

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I  think you'll find it should have been "who would HAVE previously gone to Butlins" Just my observation of course.

As another observation, we should be grateful he didn't type 'of' instead of 'have'.😄

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Balaena said:

Well thank you for being so positive, there is much more chance of getting any bug in your inside cabin. Fortunately a suite provides large outside living where meals can be served, invited guests can enjoy a cocktail socially distanced and the patio doors left open at night and indeed the day for fresh air to enter. As for Butlers etc one trusts that P&O will have thoroughly tested their crew to ensure covid is not on board, it is so in their interest not to have an incident such as the Diamond Princess which could ruin the company. 

Sadly I've notice that your various comments are of a negative nature so presume this is just part of your personality.

Looking forward to the cruise, if it doesn't go ahead then there will be good reasons for that so am comfortable either way

Happy Bal

Just read this as have been working for a living... 

You obviously haven't read many if not any of my posts. 

Not here to argue, was just pointing out that none of us are immune.. 

Andy