Cancellation of November cruise.

hollyjess

Hello everyone. Further to my previous posts regarding whether to cancel cruise or pay full balance by August 8th. I thought I would let you know I have finally made my decision! Cancelled a few hours ago. Very nice lady offered me the chance of transferring our £100 deposit to a future cruise which we declined. I think next year is still dodgy. Thanks to all who responded to my post very much appreciated.

• Like 9

We made the same decision last Monday,   but moved our £135 deposit to next June, always the optimist😉. Either way I'm sure we both made the correct move. Do you now feel a great sense of relief that you don't have to worry any more . I know I did.

Avril 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, hollyjess said:

Hello everyone. Further to my previous posts regarding whether to cancel cruise or pay full balance by August 8th. I thought I would let you know I have finally made my decision! Cancelled a few hours ago. Very nice lady offered me the chance of transferring our £100 deposit to a future cruise which we declined. I think next year is still dodgy. Thanks to all who responded to my post very much appreciated.

I will be facing the same dilemma in a few months time, and will do exactly the same as you 

• Like 1

Mine also due on the 8th and will pay. If the cruise doesn't go ahead then it's no problem to wait for a refund as banks are only paying a pittance for saving accounts. Clearly there will be restrictions onboard with any number of changes but as suite passengers we always enjoy the benefits as such and happy to be spoilt there rather than worrying about buffets and all the social distancing that will go with it.  After over 150 cruises with P&O we have enjoyed all the shows so they are not a priority. By November things may have changed either way but to escape down to the Med for 19 nights will be terrific after all that we have gone through over the past few months. 

Fingers crossed

Bal

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

We made the same decision last Monday,   but moved our £135 deposit to next June, always the optimist😉. Either way I'm sure we both made the correct move. Do you now feel a great sense of relief that you don't have to worry any more . I know I did.

When my October one was cancelled I was disappointed but also relieved, at least I didn’t have the “will it, won’t it” discussion for many more weeks.

My next one is September 2021 and I’m still not convinced we’ll be on that! This will all seem like a bad dream if we are back to normal by then.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hollyjess said:

I think with the lack of an update today from P&O as part of the Iona announcement, you have made the right decision for you, pleased it is sorted.

At the start of this, I was in a similar position myself having paid all of the balance for my cruise in March, when not as much was known.  I felt sure that P&O would eventually cancel, but they did leave it until 48 hours before, which was pretty stressful.  So I understand the relief.

My next problem on that score comes up in mid-September.

26 minutes ago, Balaena said:

Mine also due on the 8th and will pay. If the cruise doesn't go ahead then it's no problem to wait for a refund as banks are only paying a pittance for saving accounts. Clearly there will be restrictions onboard with any number of changes but as suite passengers we always enjoy the benefits as such and happy to be spoilt there rather than worrying about buffets and all the social distancing that will go with it.  After over 150 cruises with P&O we have enjoyed all the shows so they are not a priority. By November things may have changed either way but to escape down to the Med for 19 nights will be terrific after all that we have gone through over the past few months. 

Fingers crossed

Bal

Hi Bal, fingers crossed you can go and enjoy your holiday.👍

• Like 2

I think thats the right decision, we are going to cancel our Nov Med cruise this week before D Day on the 8th.

Its  just not going to happen, well at least not as what we would call a decent enjoyable holiday.

Edited by Chrisdriving
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Balaena said:

Clearly there will be restrictions onboard with any number of changes but as suite passengers we always enjoy the benefits as such and happy to be spoilt there rather than worrying about buffets and all the social distancing that will go with it

Whoopee doo! 

Thanks for putting us commoners in our place.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

Whoopee doo! 

No risk of covid in a suite Wowzz. 

It must have its own private aircon, kitchen crew, house keepers etc and butlers who don't share with the other crew. 

Money does not buy immunity, even Charlie got it and he is minted... 

Andy 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

Whoopee doo! 

Nothing wrong with us commoners admittedly I am currently picking my nose and scratching my butt 

• Haha 4

When we were on X913 Oriana’s final cruise there were clearly a lot of ‘minted’ passengers onboard we spoke to a few who were high tier and had been very successful in life.

Half of them begrudged paying more than necessary to get onboard and had inside cabins.

8 minutes ago, Chrisdriving said:

When we were on X913 Oriana’s final cruise there were clearly a lot of ‘minted’ passengers onboard we spoke to a few who were high tier and had been very successful in life.

Half of them begrudged paying more than necessary to get onboard and had inside cabins.

Are you sure they were all 'minted'? I've met a few than can talk a good talk, and look the part, but watch them closely for a while. They always slip up. They like to be seen as a big fish in a little pond. Sad really.

Avril 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

It must have its own private aircon, kitchen crew, house keepers etc and butlers who don't share with the other crew. 

Andy 

Well thank you for being so positive, there is much more chance of getting any bug in your inside cabin. Fortunately a suite provides large outside living where meals can be served, invited guests can enjoy a cocktail socially distanced and the patio doors left open at night and indeed the day for fresh air to enter. As for Butlers etc one trusts that P&O will have thoroughly tested their crew to ensure covid is not on board, it is so in their interest not to have an incident such as the Diamond Princess which could ruin the company. 

Sadly I've notice that your various comments are of a negative nature so presume this is just part of your personality.

Looking forward to the cruise, if it doesn't go ahead then there will be good reasons for that so am comfortable either way

Happy Bal

13 minutes ago, Balaena said:

Sadly I've notice that your various comments are of a negative nature so presume this is just part of your personality.

Looking forward to the cruise, if it doesn't go ahead then there will be good reasons for that so am comfortable either way

Happy Bal

You can't have read many of Andy's comments if you seriously believe that - he's one of the regulars on here who has kept me going with his good-natured  and often very funny remarks during the last few difficult months.

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

I think there is less chance of catching the virus on a private jet. I bet the common cold don't visit their suite.😂.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Balaena said:

Well thank you for being so positive, there is much more chance of getting any bug in your inside cabin. Fortunately a suite provides large outside living where meals can be served, invited guests can enjoy a cocktail socially distanced and the patio doors left open at night and indeed the day for fresh air to enter. As for Butlers etc one trusts that P&O will have thoroughly tested their crew to ensure covid is not on board, it is so in their interest not to have an incident such as the Diamond Princess which could ruin the company. 

Happy Bal

Are you related to the late Michael Winner ?.

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Are you sure they were all 'minted'? I've met a few than can talk a good talk, and look the part, but watch them closely for a while. They always slip up. They like to be seen as a big fish in a little pond. Sad really.

Avril 

You can tell the real toffs, they stick their pinkie out when drinking afternoon tea and NEVER slurp from the saucer.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, AnnieC said:
55 minutes ago, Balaena said:

Happy Bal

You can't have read many of Andy's comments if you seriously believe that - he's one of the regulars on here who has kept me going with his good-natured  and often very funny remarks during the last few difficult months.

Blimey, if you think Andy is negative, don't read any of my posts!

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Balaena said:

Happy Bal

So pleased that you will be able to enjoy your cocktails without having to mix with us commoners.

Tell us again how many cruises you have been on, in case anyone missed the number the first time around ! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3