Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

4 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I think it well dependce on the country and the state. Lockdown is not that harsh in many states and cities. I think it depends on the number of people living there. Metrapolis is the one that has the most painfull lockdown

It has nothing to do with local conditions. Like the CDC in the US, the Aussie Health Minister extended the existing cruise ban till mid-June (was to expire this month).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

I haven’t heard of any firm plans for Radiance in 2022/23.  She’s probably the most likely choice of second ship for Sydney.  

There are no entries in Darwin’s port calendar that would indicate a ship coming from Asia late in 2022. 

Isn’t radiance supposed to be in the Caribbean.

But that would make the most sense.its in the neighbourhood.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It has nothing to do with local conditions. Like the CDC in the US, the Aussie Health Minister extended the existing cruise ban till mid-June (was to expire this month).

If I am not mistaken, Baltic states are allowed to cruise in the Baltic sea. I wonder who is allowed on board those ships.. rivercruises as well 

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

If I am not mistaken, Baltic states are allowed to cruise in the Baltic sea. I wonder who is allowed on board those ships.. rivercruises as well 

There are some ships going between Sweden, Finland and Estonia but it’s not recommended to travel at the moment so it’s mainly trucks etc. I’m not sure about the other countries but you are not allowed to entry Finland without a proper reason and tourism isn’t any of them. You can’t board any ship to Finland without a negative test result unless you are a truck driver, also need a negative test if flying to Finland with Finnair. Situation in Estonia and Sweden is much worse than in Finland and I don’t see anyone taking a cruise even if it was possible. Which it basically isn’t.

23 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

That repo will be epic!!!  Currently I have a couple other long ones for Fall 2022 - Voyager's Arctic TA and Brilliance from Rome to Tampa.  But it makes me smile to imagine resuming TRASH talking in January 2023 on Serenade!

We will be on both Voyager and Brilliance with you.  Definitely planning Trash for BR....not sure about VY yet.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Don't forget my royalty payment on TRASH games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes sir!!  Adding more quarters to your pot everyday!!  And dropping your name as often as we can too!  Always in a good way

Edited by JBSteelerfan

2 minutes ago, JBSteelerfan said:

Yes sir!!  Adding more quarters to your pot everyday!!  And dropping you name as often as we can too!  Always in a good way

You should join us on the September 2022 Serenade Pacific Coastal & repo to Tampa............sea days with TRASH are calling!!!!

1 minute ago, cruise wizard said:

You should join us on the September 2022 Serenade Pacific Coastal & repo to Tampa............sea days with TRASH are calling!!!!

Sounds like a great cruise!  But we have B3B on BR after Voyager.  Sherri would REALLY lock me out if I tried to squeeze any more cruises into next year!  You may have heard about that in the past.....

15 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Looks like a great itinerary indeed!   Wish we could join you as well, but we are booked (again) for the Allure Med B2B and TA which puts us too close to those dates.    

Oh well...see you when you get to Tampa! 🤗

Edited by island lady

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Looks like a great itinerary indeed!   Wish we could join you on that as well as cruising with you when you get to Tampa...but we are booked (again) for the Allure Med B2B and TA which puts us too close to those dates.    

Oh well...see you in Tampa! 🤗

You have a date with Mean Mary and I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JBSteelerfan said:

Sounds like a great cruise!  But we have B3B on BR after Voyager.  Sherri would REALLY lock me out if I tried to squeeze any more cruises into next year!  You may have heard about that in the past.....

A little wine, some roses, soft music............set the mood..............a bit of friendly persuasion..........suggestion about TRASH.................and VOILA a new B2B.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

A little wine, some roses, soft music............set the mood..............a bit of friendly persuasion..........suggestion about TRASH.................and VOILA a new B2B.

She would think I had been abducted and now living in "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"!! 🤣

16 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

But why would they send navigator right around the world when voyager is in the pacific?

My theory of Navigator going into drydock comes from the gap that appeared in cruises in February 2022 on Navigator.

I am also confused why they would not just use Voyager from Los Angeles.

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

My theory of Navigator going into drydock comes from the gap that appeared in cruises in February 2022 on Navigator.

I am also confused why they would not just use Voyager from Los Angeles.

Those bookings are for this November, 8 months away.

My thoughts are maybe they will send navigator in ,put the electrical conversation in 

And if they can do some cutting to lower the height. I think they only need a meter ,so it can go through the Panama Canal.

Voyeger probably wasn’t worth spending money on  as it’s a bit run down.

Navigator has established booked cruises in Florida through 2021.  Not just some cruises.  The very cruises that Royal has been pointing to that will be the restart of the company. 

So right when cruising is poised to restart or has just restarted with short Florida cruises they'll rip Navigator out of Florida to spend millions re-engineering the stack to drop her height, if that is even possible, while also spending a bunch to add shore power capability, then to spend several hundreds of thousands to sail empty through the Panama Canal just to achieve the October 2021 schedule that the port has published? 

Sending her to a shipyard for extensive mods combined with a canal repo to Cali. or sailing around South America as is both mean 40-60 days.  That means taking her out of Florida In August or early September when she is supposed to be rocking the short FL restart.  

Not buying it, none of those are sound business decisions on their own but together?  Nope.

At the same time Voyager has a full dance card.  Cancel her established cruises to enter the Cali. market in Oct. 2021 with zero bookings months before a debut during a pandemic?  That has stupid business 101 written all over it.  

To enter a market fresh they will want a full sales cycle to ensure the ship is full.  Royal will sail in Cali but I'm not convinced it will be in 2021.  I'm putting my money on a big marketing campaign with over a year to sell the ship while they finish the short FL season as established and then mod the ship for Cali. 

2022 baby!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

So just another Royal marketing hoax.

I can go with that.

Though wouldn't be a first. Couple years ago Booked 2 Cruises day they were released, 7 days later whole Deployment was canceled. But hey they gave me $700 in FCC. Now with CV shutdowns and scrapping perfect ships anything can happen or change

Edited by ONECRUISER