Rotterdam in Rotterdam

samsonmo

14 hours ago, MAVIP said:

And, by the way, those webcams (see for the link #12) choose webcams Erasmus 1 or 2.  And if you would like to follow her by webcams all the way from Hoek van Holland: you can follow her almost (!) all along the river.  We will wave 😉 . 

ETA entrance of the river 05.30 AM (NL time....). 

1 hour ago, MAVIP said:

ETA entrance of the river 05.30 AM (NL time....). 

Scheduled arrival time at the Cruise Port Terminal between 8 and 9 am.

Will leave for Damen shipyard August 11.

Amsterdam scheduled to arrive Rotterdam August 17 and will sail on "Nieuwe Waterweg " at around 11.00am but will not dock at the Cruise Port terminal but directly go to Damen Shipyard. Scheduled to leave the shipyard  August 25.

• Like 1

I had heard a couple of weeks ago that the Rotterdam would arrive in Rotterdam on August 10th and that she will leave on the 28th as a Fred Olsen named ship . 

F O will receive a couple of wonderful ships , I hope some of the historical art works and Captain Cards paintings will show up on the HAL new builts , something we have really missed on the Koningsdam and the Nieuw Statendam .

Tony :classic_sad:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

I had heard a couple of weeks ago that the Rotterdam would arrive in Rotterdam on August 10th and that she will leave on the 28th as a Fred Olsen named ship . 

F O will receive a couple of wonderful ships , I hope some of the historical art works and Captain Cards paintings will show up on the HAL new builts , something we have really missed on the Koningsdam and the Nieuw Statendam .

Tony :classic_sad:

Maybe you could write your wish to Gus Antorcha the new CEO of HAL? What I understood from messages here in the Netherlands is that quite a few things will be transported from ms Rotterdam and ms Amsterdam during a short stay at the North Sea (neighbourhood of Nieuw Statendam and Zaandam). Maybe artworks will be part of it? Maybe those belonging to HAL Investment in Rotterdam? JMO.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MAVIP said:

Maybe you could write your wish to Gus Antorcha the new CEO of HAL? What I understood from messages here in the Netherlands is that quite a few things will be transported from ms Rotterdam and ms Amsterdam during a short stay at the North Sea (neighbourhood of Nieuw Statendam and Zaandam). Maybe artworks will be part of it? Maybe those belonging to HAL Investment in Rotterdam? JMO.  

Tomorrow the Rotterdam should be in Rotterdam , hope that it will go one more time through the " Waterweg " to  the cruise terminal , pass by the old Holland Amerika Headoffice and by the SS Rotterdam ( V)  before going to the shipyard in the Botlek area , more than likely to Damen Verolme to get overhauled and receive the name change .

Maybe somebody in the area , possibly Jaap  @rotjeknor  ?? would be able to post some of the last pictures as MS Rotterdam (VI)  could you Jaap ? That would be wonderful 

DSCF2090.jpg

DSCF2084.jpg

DSCF2076.jpg

DSCN6578.JPG

DSCF2438.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sailingdutchy said:

Tomorrow the Rotterdam should be in Rotterdam , hope that it will go one more time through the " Waterweg " to  the cruise terminal , pass by the old Holland Amerika Headoffice and by the SS Rotterdam ( V)  before going to the shipyard in the Botlek area , more than likely to Damen Verolme to get overhauled and receive the name change .

Maybe somebody in the area , possibly Jaap  @rotjeknor  ?? would be able to post some of the last pictures as MS Rotterdam (VI)  could you Jaap ? That would be wonderful 

DSCF2090.jpg

DSCF2084.jpg

DSCF2076.jpg

DSCN6578.JPG

DSCF2438.jpg

I’m not in the area (regrettably) but a friend of mine and my son are taking care of the pictures! As soon as they send them to me , I will post them .

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rotjeknor said:

I’m not in the area (regrettably) but a friend of mine and my son are taking care of the pictures! As soon as they send them to me , I will post them .

Wonderful Jaap , hoop alles is goed , look forward to that there likely will be a lot of Rotterdammers out tomorrow to look forward to see her one last time as MS Rotterdam  ! 

Groeten van Canada 

Ton en Martha 

• Like 1

Wonderful Jaap , hoop alles is goed , look forward to that there likely will be a lot of Rotterdammers out tomorrow to look forward to see her one last time as MS Rotterdam  ! 

Groeten van Canada 

Ton en Martha 

Rotterdam now near Dunkirk.

Amsterdam  nearing Gibraltar.

Peter

• Like 1

Groeten van Canada 

Ton en Martha 

All is well ! We’re actually in a cabin in the woods owned by HAL Pension Fund in the Netherlands. So a little bit of that great HAL feeling ....

Groeten !!!

062BFB2E-89BD-42D1-9813-1C665B8A9F50.jpeg

1AC0043D-13E7-40B9-9D2D-4C3C35CD46CF.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rotjeknor said:

All is well ! We’re actually in a cabin in the woods owned by HAL Pension Fund in the Netherlands. So a little bit of that great HAL feeling ....

Groeten !!!

062BFB2E-89BD-42D1-9813-1C665B8A9F50.jpeg

1AC0043D-13E7-40B9-9D2D-4C3C35CD46CF.jpeg

Looks like a lovely spot, Jaap 🙂 

How nice that there is a HAL touch there for you to enjoy 😄 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

And this is the first one taken at 07:11 today entering the Nieuwe Waterweg Hoek van Holland  on her final voyage as M/S Rotterdam

842D7D52-8111-4BEF-9562-554477E16A5C.jpeg

What do you mean her last voyage? Is about to go for dissembling? I didnt hear any news in its regard lately. In any case the photo looks very depressing, and the weather has some impact to it as well. Where was it taken? It looks like some port town or just a bike lane along the shore 

28 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

What do you mean her last voyage? Is about to go for dissembling? I didnt hear any news in its regard lately. In any case the photo looks very depressing, and the weather has some impact to it as well. Where was it taken? It looks like some port town or just a bike lane along the shore 

Not sure who took it but today (Monday) she docks in Rotterdam on her last voyage as MS Rotterdam. Has been sold to Fred Olsen and will sail as MS Borealis.

Edited by Cruising Is Bliss

It was copied from one of the webcams from the Port of Rotterdam as are all of the photos above. It might look slightly dark however I can assure the weather here is incredible, we are in the middle of a heat wave with temperatures above 35 celsius. I am sure many photos will follow on her last journey as Rotterdam, I was just the first one to post today.

Rosalyn

Edited by cruiseaholic78
  • Like 3