Major RCCL Stockholder Sells 2M shares

joepeka

The company still owns 18 million shares after the sale of the 2 million and the stock has gone up 6 percent since the sale so not much of an impact.  Arne Wilhelmsen passed away this past April and maybe the heirs have a different view of where to place their funds.  If they start selling the remaining 18 million then I think there should be cause for concern. 

This is a good site to monitor insider trading.  

https://www.secform4.com/insider-trading/884887.htm

Edited by livingonthebeach
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

The company still owns 18 million shares after the sale of the 2 million and the stock has gone up 6 percent since the sale so not much of an impact.  Arne Wilhelmsen passed away this past April and maybe the heirs have a different view of where to place their funds.  If they start selling the remaining 18 million then I think there should be cause for concern. 

True, I neglected to mention that the 2M shares represents less than 10% of that company's RCCL holdings and it's another reason I don't think it's a major deal.

3 minutes ago, joepeka said:

True, I neglected to mention that the 2M shares represents less than 10% of that company's RCCL holdings and it's another reason I don't think it's a major deal.

Nonetheless, it's worth noting because it could be the beginning of a divestiture for the company.   Since they owned 20 million shares before the sale, dumping that much at one time would depend on liquidity and would influence the price - they could be divesting by a few blocks at a time. 

2 hours ago, ChC said:

Consider how much Carnival share price was hit, RCL relatively held well in past few months. This is nonetheless an important signal of fundamental shift. Some pain is ahead. Don't underestimate the 10% sale. When the share price drop by another 40%, it would be big money to buy back. Obviously it is a hedging for future drops. Long term funding share holder won't sell 10% of their holdings unless they think some big movement ahead.

See livingonthebeach's post above.  This is most likely a move by the heirs to diversify or liquidate for estate reasons.  Such trades are typical of estates when patriarch dies. Dutch estate taxes are 20%.

Edited by crewsweeper

Yeah, the stock is definitely not performing like many of us had thought with no ships sailing. May current thought is the same as your, right now this is a $50 dollar stock until cruising starts again. Plan on buying back in when (if) it gets there...... 

36 minutes ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Yeah, the stock is definitely not performing like many of us had thought with no ships sailing. May current thought is the same as your, right now this is a $50 dollar stock until cruising starts again. Plan on buying back in when (if) it gets there...... 

$30 until they pay off the debt

• Like 1

22 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

This is a good site to monitor insider trading.  

https://www.secform4.com/insider-trading/884887.htm

Maybe estate/inheritance taxes.

6 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Apparently, the sale bought out the only non-family owner of the Awilhelmsen AS group, so this private investment company is now 100% owned by the Wilhelmsen family.

Didn't that happen last year when they sold 4.8M shares?

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/awilhelmsen-completes-transaction-among-owning-family-members-and-sells-4-8-million-shares-of-royal-caribbean-300790403.html