cellfree

20 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Cozumel.

Cancun.

Progreso.

Calica.

Playa del Carmen.

Costa Maya.

Just the likely ones that should be open.

>> FWIW, I have not researched. Some of those may be closed and I'm confident if so, someone will be along shortly to correct me.

EECC Travels just posted pictures on their FB page of them in Cozumel at the Hard Rock Cafe.  There is live music on the beach there.  Not saying it's right or wrong, just saying Cozumel is definitely open for tourism

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Well, Cali will be in a lock down until next year thats for sure. If you live in LA, I wouldn't really hope for November.. and even for December. Just stay at home and save a buck to get a nice cruise next year. I wouldnt also travel anywhere within the states.. You might end up in 14 day quarantine in some random place within your own country 

Just need to know before you go what is going on and it is mostly large cities with quarantine guidelines. Just spent a week in SD with no problems. A few restaurants still closed to indoor dining. No problems traveling

4 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Belize is one of our favorite cruise ports. We go to the Wet Lizard for Belikin beer and nachos every time we go there and always have a great time. 

the only problem with that is that more than likely unless you have a exursion you wont get off the boat so beer and nachos may be missed.  😞

4 hours ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

EECC Travels just posted pictures on their FB page of them in Cozumel at the Hard Rock Cafe.  There is live music on the beach there.  Not saying it's right or wrong, just saying Cozumel is definitely open for tourism

again, only issue with that is if carnival goes the way of Costa, only way to get off the ship is on a boat excursion. NO fun side trips! 😞

24 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Who’s decision is it?  If the CDC doesn’t extend the no sail order, who else will make the decision for Carnival?

The CDC is correct.. also in there is the ports themselves.  I think NOvember wil be long shot.  the closer we get the more I think not, as crew must be hired, assembled, then flown in, ship set up, then stores arranged and purchased , then supplies(cleaning, covid tests etc).  Long shot the longer they wait.  personally i am anti mask as they are not work properly and provide little to no protection, and are actually unsafe. i honestly hope they cancel my Nvember 14 so i can destination to cancun instead!! sad to say as i LOVE cruising.  Still have Bermuda 2021 set for October, maybe the stupidity will be done by then.

3 hours ago, cellfree said:

Miami and Port Canaveral are the only ports showing up today September 13 for November, oh oh, countdown is on, it's all wait and see now for those two possibilities.

We still have a cruise scheduled from Charleston on the Sunshine leaving on November 9th.  DH called and was told it was not showing availability because it was full due to sailing at half capacity.  

3 minutes ago, ridgerunner51 said:

We still have a cruise scheduled from Charleston on the Sunshine leaving on November 9th.  DH called and was told it was not showing availability because it was full due to sailing at half capacity.  

yeah right  sold to the cap excuse again.    

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Let's hope the limited capacity doesn't last long. We need the industry to remain profitable so it survives. Limited capacity won't cut their losses... it'll just make it so the loss doesn't hurt as much.

I would pay more to sail with less people...or better yet NO KIDS

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

Most of the Carnival passengers would disagree with you as they typically reserve based on price. An extra few dollars on a short night cruise may price people out in a vacation market that provides options for financing.

If you don't mind paying more to sail on cruise lines with fewer passengers and fewer kids, check out Princess, Holland America and Celebrity. They don't stuff as many staterooms as possible onboard eliminating public areas and sail with better passenger:space ratios. As they aren't as family friendly, you'll find fewer kids and you'll have a better experience. 

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, xDisconnections said:

Most of the Carnival passengers would disagree with you as they typically reserve based on price. An extra few dollars on a short night cruise may price people out in a vacation market that provides options for financing.

If you don't mind paying more to sail on cruise lines with fewer passengers and fewer kids, check out Princess, Holland America and Celebrity. They don't stuff as many staterooms as possible onboard eliminating public areas and sail with better passenger:space ratios. As they aren't as family friendly, you'll find fewer kids and you'll have a better experience. 

thank you!

19 minutes ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

7 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

6 minutes ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

thank you!

You might enjoy Princess. That's who I sail with and enjoy.

Royal Caribbean will give you the best passenger:space ratios of any of the cruise lines. Especially on their bigger ships, they'll feel empty at times.

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 1