Your Thoughts on Booking an Australian Cruise late 2021

Hi All....

Just your thoughts.........     Thinking about booking a cruise Nov 2021 to NZ.....

After having 3 cruises cancelled...... I would like to cruise again..... but I do excited about going on a cruise.....

So should one book then switch off until final payment  to avoid disappointment.....

Or wait and see what the product is like ???

Why the sudden interest you ask.......  well I happen to log onto Princess Site  and found extra credits on FCC  

then one thought... better use them i will lose them......   yes the dangled carrot.....

thinking          Don

I'd say book it while you can still get a cabin that you like, especially if you have FCDs or FCCs.

I think we're all hoping cruising will be up and running in some firm or other by the start of that season. I've booked a Tassie cruise for October 2021.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Yes book it , it’s only a deposit.

We have found RC cruises are fairly heavily booked for next season. All the desirable cabins are gone . I suppose people have rolled them over from this season.

Lift and Shift, I hate that term RCI use.  Why not 'Transfer Booking?' 

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

Hi All....

Just your thoughts.........     Thinking about booking a cruise Nov 2021 to NZ.....

After having 3 cruises cancelled...... I would like to cruise again..... but I do excited about going on a cruise.....

So should one book then switch off until final payment  to avoid disappointment.....

Or wait and see what the product is like ???

Why the sudden interest you ask.......  well I happen to log onto Princess Site  and found extra credits on FCC  

then one thought... better use them i will lose them......   yes the dangled carrot.....

thinking          Don

Just book it don, you have those FCC's.  Just watch out for these, allegedly they prowl at night on RCI.  The rare Cougar, protected species, lol.  I am too scared to go on another cruise, now solo, not the Covid-19, its the wildlife, lol, even on Princess, my favoured cruise line.  I want to 'Come Back New.' lol.istockphoto-149154299-1024x1024.thumb.jpg.18c02daa8930f2827906d262ea199fd6.jpg

Edited by NSWP

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Just book it don, you have those FCC's.  Just watch out for these, allegedly they prowl at night on RCI.  The rare Cougar, protected species, lol.  I am too scared to go on another cruise, now solo, not the Covid-19, its the wildlife, lol, even on Princess, my favoured cruise line.  I want to 'Come Back New.' lol.istockphoto-149154299-1024x1024.thumb.jpg.18c02daa8930f2827906d262ea199fd6.jpg

You need to find a cruise buddy, then you can protect each other.

• Haha 1

Thanks all.....yes use the free credits  is nice......  But it was booking with uncertainly of product......

Have had a look and have choice of preferred  cabins available....

and it is on the Sapphire... which is similar to the Golden which we enjoyed......

and if goes from Melbourne... better still.....   Cheers Don

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Thanks all.....yes use the free credits  is nice......  But it was booking with uncertainly of product......

Have had a look and have choice of preferred  cabins available....

and it is on the Sapphire... which is similar to the Golden which we enjoyed......

and if goes from Melbourne... better still.....   Cheers Don

Ah, the premier cruise line, Princess.  Sapphire is nice, we did Baltics/Scandinavia B2B on her, mid 2018.th.jpg.3ff307dc1f623e5d5dfbed3504733bd4.jpg

59 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

You just hate RC uncle Les  

LOL

There is no more red carpet for 'spethial people'  from Graham GBenjo. Never been on RCI, don't know why, got too hooked on Princess, but done a few other lines as per signature but no RCI, no visit to the Foodjammer Buffet, sorry, Windjammer Buffet.🤣

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

I'd say book it while you can still get a cabin that you like, especially if you have FCDs or FCCs.

I think we're all hoping cruising will be up and running in some firm or other by the start of that season. I've booked a Tassie cruise for October 2021.

If October 2021 is on, I'm hoping that April 2021 will be on too.
CLIA has set up a committee for this.

12 minutes ago, drsel said:

In the pandemic, I feel that there is a very big difference between expecting that a cruise in April 2021 might go ahead compared with one in October 2021. I think there is a chance of cruises out of Australia after the middle of 2021. I don't think you have much hope for April 2021, particularly as you would be coming from USA. Our Prime Minister has said that he expects our international boarders to be closed until at least the middle of 2021. We have a short P&O cruise booked for August 2021 and I give it a 50/50 chance of happening, even with the fact that P&O do not market their cruises overseas. It would be Aussies and NZ'ers only.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

RCI, no visit to the Foodjammer Buffet, sorry, Windjammer Buffet.🤣

I must have been going to the buffet where they jam that food into people. No wonder my cloths didn't fit at the end of that 24 day cruise.

I will have to find the Windjammer next time.

Thanks for the laugh Uncle Les. 😄

25 minutes ago, drsel said:

I doubt April 2021 will be on in our part of the world, as we've already told you several times, but there is hope for the second half of 2021 as long as there isn't another wave here. It might depend on there being a vaccine. However even if cruising does start in Australia then there are no guarantees international visitors will be allowed to cruise.

I doubt April 2021 will be on in our part of the world, as we've already told you several times, but there is hope for the second half of 2021 as long as there isn't another wave here. It might depend on there being a vaccine. However even if cruising does start in Australia then there are no guarantees international visitors will be allowed to cruise. 

I don't mind as long as Carnival and Princess cancel the cruises and gives us FCCs. 

I don't think they can have Cruises only for Australians and New Zealanders, if foreign tourists are not allowed to enter Australia.

Right now, there are a few foreigners booked on these cruises

Both Carnival and Princess have not restricted bookings to only Australians and New Zealanders

And most of their bookings are done through US travel agents, whose clients are mainly Americans and Canadians.

4 minutes ago, drsel said:

I don't think they can have Cruises only for Australians and New Zealanders, if foreign tourists are not allowed to enter Australia.

There are cruises operating exclusively for locals only in at least Italy and Taiwan. Therefore it follows that Australia and New Zealand could restrict who can cruise on cruise ships in their waters.

There are cruises operating exclusively for locals only in at least Italy and Taiwan. Therefore it follows that Australia and New Zealand could restrict who can cruise on cruise ships in their waters.

Its true that Costa and MSC have restricted the cruises to only Italians, but they have not accepted bookings from non Italians.

That is the main point.

whereas Carnival and Princess are accepting bookings from all over the world right now.

so if the Australian government bans foreigners from entering Australia in April 2021, then both Carnival and Princess will be forced to cancel these cruises and give FCCs.

that is perfectly acceptable to me

18 minutes ago, drsel said:

I don't mind as long as Carnival and Princess cancel the cruises and gives us FCCs. 

Right now, there are a few foreigners booked on these cruises

Both Carnival and Princess have not restricted bookings to only Australians and New Zealanders

And most of their bookings are done through US travel agents, whose clients are mainly Americans and Canadians.

You seem to have a very strange concept about cruising down in our part of the world. Cruising here is NOT dependent on US tourists, we have plenty of avid cruisers of our own. Both Princess and Carnival cruises are booked through local TA's as well as direct through the Princess and Carnival websites. I've been on a number of cruises where there were very few Americans and Canadians onboard. NZ cruises in our peak cruise season do tend to have more overseas visitors though, which is why those cruise lines increase the number of ships here them.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

My deposits are non refundable and I made a lot more payment, almost the full Cruise fare to Carnival. ( Payment transferred from other cancelled Cruises)

So I will be forced to wait for Carnival to cancel and get FCCs

2 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

What makes you think that ?

There have been media reports recently regarding cruises from Brisbane. Full article here. The states’ chief health officer says “no”.

"There is a desire to resume cruising when it’s safe to do so, with Queensland as a centre for domestic cruising at the appropriate times.”

Cummins says the new terminal, which was slated to open in October before the COVID-19 pandemic took hold, “really does give us an opportunity” to get the industry going again.

He has floated Townsville, Cairns, Airlie Beach, the Whitsunday islands and the Great Barrier Reef as possible destinations.

“We’re committed to work with all the industry players, when it’s safe to do so,” he said.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, drsel said:

Its true that Costa and MSC have restricted the cruises to only Italians, but they have not accepted bookings from non Italians.
That is the main point.

whereas Carnival and Princess are accepting bookings from foreigners right now and in the future also.

That still doesn't mean you'll be able to cruise. Bookings like yours were in place before the pandemic started and Carnival will have to deal with them shortly as they are unlikely to happen.

With the new releases for late 2021 and early 2022 I imagine the cruise lines are hoping things will be back to normal then but there is no guarantee they will be. The cruise lines will, presumably, deal with that situation once they know what is happening.