the Daily for Sunday Nov 8, 2020

richwmn

today is Cook Something Bold Day, National Cappuccino Day, and International Tongue Twister Day

"I am not in your hurry."

McGowan's Madison Avenue Axiom:
    If an item is advertised as "under $50", you can bet it's not $19.95.

Meal suggestion for today - Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin With Roasted Fennel

Drink of the Day - Pina Colada

Wine of the day - Scott Base Pinot Noir Central Otago vintage 2016

at sea Caribbean
Oosterdam destination Kralendijk, Bonaire

Caracas Bay
Eurodam

Katakolon Greece Anchorage
Noordam
Zuiderdam

Panama Anchorage Pacific
Koningsdam

Torquay Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Volendam
Westerdam
Zaandam

Willemstad
Nieuw Amsterdam

1108Europe.png

1108Caribbean.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for the Daily, Rich.  Not into bold cooking and definitely prefer regular coffee to Cappuccino.  I guess my favorite of the 3 today is the Tongue Twisters.  Love both the quotes and the meal suggestion sounds nice.  My alternative is Strawberry/Blueberry/Bananna cup with coconut cream, Fillet Mignon, and Diplomat Strawberry Tart as served on the Prinsendam November 8, 2017.

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/dishes08.jpg

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

South Florida and Eta

Patience and healing for the USA

Haven’t heard from Erewhon for 3 days

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers

Teachers and school workers

Fall colors

Ballot counters

Norseh20's planned family get-together

And a shelter dog coming to the White House

Roy                                

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.  Woke up to a tropical storm warming on my phone.  Looks like we are going to be hit hard by the end of the week.  Sigh, it's November already.

Agree with the quotes, under $50 usually means $49.99.

The Meal suggestion sounds great but we had pork tenderloin on Friday.

Pina Colada:

Ingredients: 1 oz (one part) Coconut cream, 1 oz (one part) White rum, 3 oz (3 parts) Pineapple juice
Preparation: Mix with crushed ice until smooth. Pour into chilled glass, garnish and serve.
Served: Blended with ice (frozen style)
Standard garnish: Maraschino cherry, Pineapple slice
Drinkware: Poco Grande glass

Prayers for those on our lists and for those that need them.  Congratulations to all the others.
Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.  And Southern Florida batten down the hatches.
  • Like 14

Top of the morning Rich. Thank you once again for a great Daily.

Good morning sisters Ann and Denise. Ann and summer, I hope you are ok in the storm. 

Thank you Roy for our cares and celebrations. Will hope we hear from Erewhon soon.

We are having a steak tonight and Allen already put his request in for his southern fix for tomorrow..

I enjoy a pina colada once in a blue moon. 

Hoping everyone stays well, safe, and continue to pray for healing of our nation. God Bless!

I have never really cared for tongue twisters. I had to break the paragraph down and analyze it to death. 

image.jpeg.b62c1e67c2660ece94ecd38696f90a83.jpeg

I used to believe I was a bold cook until I learned to cook!

Burned Food Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

• Like 12
  • Haha 3

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! I did a double take when I saw today’s maps. I thought you merged the two - until I realized Africa was missing. I guess my coffee has not kicked in yet! I really do love your maps!  And I love today’s combo of days!  Not sure if I have anything bold in the house, so I may need to venture out & stop for a cappuccino on the way home.

Morning Dailyites & my Sisters! Thank you, Roy for finding a wonderful way to fit in yesterday’s news. Hope today’s wine brings Erewhon back! Love the first quote! The meal sounds nummy. And another drink of the day that I have had!

@summer slope I have not checked my local weather, but the radio has stressed that you & @Hflors need to pay attention.  Be safe. if you need to evacuate, please let me know. annge3 @gmail.com

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! 
Stay well everyone!

This New Zealand Pinot Noir has excellent ratings, and if you can find it, a decent price starting around $18.00. And it has “spicy cigar box accents”! What more could one ask for?🤔

#21 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2018

This is the family’s favorite variety, with loads of concentrated berry fruit and wild herbs. It is perfectly balanced with fine acidity and length, just what you would expect out of this region.

Ideal with pâtés and salami, this wine matches beautifully with beef and lamb dishes, and try also pairing with game. Don’t be afraid to serve with a dark chocolate mousse either. Drink now or cellar for up to 5 years.

WS93
Wine Spectator: Smooth, silky raspberry coulis and maraschino cherry notes are impressive for their purity, with accents of white chocolate, thyme, red licorice and cedar. Spicy cigar box accents emerge on the long, expressive and detailed finish. Drink now through 2028. 
  • Like 15

7 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

thought you merged the two - until I realized Africa was missing.

I didn't realize until you mentioned it that I failed to separate the maps this morning.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

• Like 11

Thanks for the daily!!  Iam sa enjoy reading it every morning.  @cat shepardthank you for thinking of us.  I checked the hurricane center this morning.   I just need to keep checking.

Pork loin is one of my favorites and a pina colada is one of my favorites!

Stay safe every one!!!

• Like 9

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Another wonderful combination of days; I've expanded my culinary repertoire ever since we were in lockdown in March.  Seriously, I don't think I've ever cooked so much in my life - and my clothes prove it! 

Today will be spent indoors; we've already had about 10cm (4 inches) of snow since yesterday afternoon, and are expecting at least another 20cm in the next 12 hours.  The city has sent out notifications to stay off the streets today to allow emergency vehicles access, and snow plows have been out all night.  @summer slopeand @Hflors, we're battling storms on opposite ends of the thermometer!  Good luck to you!

I like both Rich's and Roy's menu suggestions, but will go with what I had planned - chicken and stuffing dinner in the crock pot. And wine.  With this storm, I'm thinking I'll double up on the wine.  LOL

Prayers for all who need them, and even for those who don't think they do.  We'll raise our wine glasses tonight to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay safe, be well!

Smooth Sailing!   🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 14

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

I love the combination of days and both the quotes.

I think I will pass on the meal suggestion today.  Not sure what it will be yet.  I have curbside pick up today so that will help me decide 😉 In honour of the first shelter dog coming to the White House:

F9EB18B1-A78A-4903-B9CC-AC1662F9E28F.png.b2f0041ce3704bc70069a3e68dcec486.png

It’s the wrong kind of weather for a pina colada so I’ll wait until I am on board a dam ship 😉 

Hope everyone can stay safe from all of the storms 🤞 🙏🏻 

Talking about cooking (and yes, I really do cook) but a small smile:

ACF40774-626B-4608-B0CE-05908C6061D5.jpeg.f58510322c5f2d75d88183e257d2eefb.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list & for anyone who needs them & a toast to everyone on the Celebratory/Shout Out list. 😄 

Have a great Sunday everyone.  Stay safe and don’t forget your masks.😷 

• Like 17

My November 8 sunrise is the absolute last one from my 2015 Allure of the Seas transatlantic.  It was taken from the Silver Meteor approaching Washington as we crossed a river, most likely the Rappahanock:

sunsup.jpg

Roy

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

Good morning.  Woke up to a tropical storm warming on my phone.  Looks like we are going to be hit hard by the end of the week.  Sigh, it's November already.

Agree with the quotes, under $50 usually means $49.99.

The Meal suggestion sounds great but we had pork tenderloin on Friday.

Pina Colada:

Ingredients: 1 oz (one part) Coconut cream, 1 oz (one part) White rum, 3 oz (3 parts) Pineapple juice
Preparation: Mix with crushed ice until smooth. Pour into chilled glass, garnish and serve.
Served: Blended with ice (frozen style)
Standard garnish: Maraschino cherry, Pineapple slice
Drinkware: Poco Grande glass

Prayers for those on our lists and for those that need them.  Congratulations to all the others.
Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.  And Southern Florida batten down the hatches.

Sharing your fun with Eta here on the southern Gulf coast!  Be safe!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Mitzi has a bit of a pineapple allergy so I won't be making any Pina Coladas (even though I like them). 

As for cooking something bold, I am going to attempt shrimp on the grill today. I found a recipe for Maui Wowie Shrimp that sounds interesting (https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/220824/maui-wowie-shrimp/). If I could only find which moving box has the skewers!

As a shared season ticket holder, I should be planning outings here -

image.thumb.png.ea17ca7e2a516c6e0232b3c69606ef47.png

But who knows when the season will actually start? And do I really want to risk crowds anyway?

• Like 9

Good morning.  We’re having pork tenderloin tonight, but not prosciutto wrapped.  It will be Thai pork cooked in the crock pot.  So I guess that covers cook bold day and part of the meal suggestion.

While I have always liked to cook, I also think I have cooked more this yea.  Usually we are on a cruise 50 to 100+ days, which means someone cooks for me.  With my new fryer, I have added new recipes.  Many old favorites have also been revived.  Even with leftovers since there are just two of us, I cook most days.  Trying to keep active so I don’t wear extra pounds.

Hope everyone in Eta’s path stay safe and evacuate if necessary.  Having lived along the gulf coast and near the Atlantic, we learned to take these storms seriously.

Lenda

• Like 9

44 minutes ago, happywandering said:

Sharing your fun with Eta here on the southern Gulf coast!  Be safe!

Be safe! It is already really windy here & the Atlantic is showing off its majestic power - and I am far away from the danger zone.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

It is already really windy here & the Atlantic is showing off its majestic power

We drove over to a Daytona Beach Shores seaside resort for a Corvair show yesterday. It was already very windy there with LOTS of white-capped surf. Watching the possible paths for Eta - one has it coming fairly close to us in Ocala. Not quite the same as was predicted for Irma, but close.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all.  Thanks Rich for your maps and all the other info you impart to us each and every day.  Thank's Roy for your care and celebration lists and to SS for the drink recipes each day.  I would gladly drink a Pina Colada, preferably on a ship, but theses days anywhere would be good.  Tonight it is Vietnamese take out.  Every Sunday our DD and DGS come for dinner, DH and I sit at one end of our 6 foot table and they sit at the other end.  Once dinner is over they leave, but before they do we discuss next week’s menu.  Our discussion tonight will be about our DGS's birthday dinner next Sunday.   The 2 quotes of the day are true for sure, I have to pass on anything containing coffee.   My best to all, have a wonderful and peaceful Sunday and to those in ETA’s path, stay safe and dry.

• Like 8