Faster to the Fun listed for any uncancelled cruises?

FijiFlip

First, I would like to send out a warm hug (socially distanced virtual one) to all of the cruise community. I miss you all sooooo much. I got my last cruise in last November in Hawaii and have prayed every day since COVID started that we will all be sailing again soon. May everyone be safe, healthy, and happy until then. 🙂

We are booked to sail the Mardi Gras in October 2021. Faster to the Fun has not come up yet which is not unusual but it made me wonder if COVID has altered how Carnival is offering it. For any cruises that are still uncancelled out there, is Faster to the Fun available for purchase for anyone. Just curious how they would judge the sale of that given the possibility of having to reduce occupancy on a ship.

Any thoughts?

12 minutes ago, shof515 said:

FTFF still shows up as available for me for my cruise on the Magic

It might not be available for the new ship. New ship the FTTF is only available after a few months or so

The writing on the wall is that cruising will change. What those changes are remains to be seen. But if you're a member here on CC you already know what the cruiselines, along with the the Cruiseline association and the CDC has talked about with regard to changes for the short term for cruising to restart. I don't see how FTTF will fit into that scenario. Without a doubt people will need to be tested before embarking on the ship. Staggered appointments, later sailaways. These things will happen.

Just because FTTF is available to book doesn't mean it's going to be available. I'm not sure why people think everything is going to be the same. Look what they just did to cruises longer than 7 days. There's article after article about the changes that's going to be in place. READ and absorb the information given. Then you won't be disappointed when things change. 

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Just because FTTF is available to book doesn't mean it's going to be available. I'm not sure why people think everything is going to be the same. Look what they just did to cruises longer than 7 days. There's article after article about the changes that's going to be in place. READ and absorb the information given. Then you won't be disappointed when things change. 

You are absolutely correct. There will be changes. I don't think anyone here thinks anything otherwise. I wasn't speculating on if or how Faster to the Fun would be implemented. I was just trying to find out if it was actively being offered. I usually start about a year out looking at the site to see if it will be available for my cruise. I didn't want to waste time looking every day if they are not offering it in general. As far as being disappointed, I am never that. Cruising is ALWAYS the best. I'm just hoping it will be here soon.

Smooth sailing to you 🙂 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kwokpot said:

The writing on the wall is that cruising will change. What those changes are remains to be seen. But if you're a member here on CC you already know what the cruiselines, along with the the Cruiseline association and the CDC has talked about with regard to changes for the short term for cruising to restart. I don't see how FTTF will fit into that scenario. Without a doubt people will need to be tested before embarking on the ship. Staggered appointments, later sailaways. These things will happen.

So FTTF will give people the earliest available check in time.  Everyone else will have to wait until a later time.

11 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

So FTTF will give people the earliest available check in time.  Everyone else will have to wait until a later time.

With FTTF you can check in any time once the doors open.  There is a separate line for FTTF and Platinum/Diamond passengers.  I should say "there use to be".  Who knows what it will be like when cruising starts back up again.

On 11/11/2020 at 3:46 AM, RWolver672 said:

With FTTF you can check in any time once the doors open.  There is a separate line for FTTF and Platinum/Diamond passengers.  I should say "there use to be".  Who knows what it will be like when cruising starts back up again.

Agreed, I was replying to the person that says there is no place for FTTF when cruising resumes.  Carnival will do what they can to bring in that easy money.