Princess not selling any 8+ day cruises that visit US ports thru 11/1/21

cruisr

1 minute ago, AlanF65 said:

I wonder how long it will be before they cancel my 14 night Voyage of the glaciers next September out of Vancouver to Alaska (assuming Canada is open)

Right now, it reads "currently not available" on the Princess website; longer than

14 days and involves American ports- regardless if Vancouver opens or not.

1 hour ago, nini said:

Right now, it reads "currently not available" on the Princess website; longer than

14 days and involves American ports- regardless if Vancouver opens or not.

It still shows in my cruises as "sailing in 29x days", I was just wondering how long they wait before they cancel

2 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

It still shows in my cruises as "sailing in 29x days", I was just wondering how long they wait before they cancel

I understand. Our canceled cruise stayed on our Personalizer for many weeks.

It was crazy.

7 hours ago, pspman92 said:

hopefully in two months we will be back to normal, as soon as vaccine comes out..!!! 

It will be many months until a vaccine is available to the general public.  You need 2 shots a month apart and then probably a yearly booster. 

6 hours ago, Daniel A said:

So, it's not just Princess, it's every cruise line that wants to sail in U.S. waters that can't make or advertise bookings for 8+ day itineraries.

Yes.  My (very) cynical side is thinking what part of "cannot sail or offer to sail" escaped them? The part that annoys me is them taking deposits on cruises they aren't even supposed to be offering yet, especially when so many of us were recently jacked around with making final payments on cruises that everyone with air in their lungs knew would never set sail.

What’s driving the changes on cruising from US ports – a 40-page CDC directive titled “Framework for Conditional Sailing and Initial Phase COVID-19 Testing Requirements for Protection of Crew.”

The section in the CDC directive that’s very concerning (to me) stated the following:

Port and Public Health Agreements

Prior to applying for a Conditional Sailing Certificate, the cruise line must have agreements with and approvals from port and local health authorities in the U. S. ports where the ship intends to dock, including:

a) Medical care agreements between the cruise line and local health care entities to ensure onshore hospitals will accept any passengers and crew who are evacuated from the ship in need of care.

b) Housing agreements between the cruise line and onshore facilities for isolation of positive cases and their close contacts.

c) An agreement with the local port authority to determine the number of ships that can be safely accommodated in port on any given day to prevent overtaxing local public health resources.

Princess will be hard pressed to obtain approval from local port authorities and health care entities in Ketchikan and Skagway.   Skagway is the most concerning to me because it does not have a hospital.  Only a clinic that’s open from 8 am to 5 pm.   I hope new CDC directives (changes) come out before next July because I have a cruise tour booked for that month.  John

10 hours ago, capriccio said:

I wonder what percentage of Princess US cruises are longer than 7 days. Think of all the cruises out of the US that are only 7 days (or less) long:  Eastern Caribbean, Western Caribbean, Alaska (out of Seattle), New England (out of New York), Mexican Riviera (out of LA), etc.

We're on a cruise out of FLL that is a TA and it's 18 days...in 5/21.  It is still booked but if you try to book it now you can't.  They seem to have a hold on selling them.  Wonder if they are waiting to see if the CDC rules change and hoping they will still be able to let us do this cruise?  
Time will tell.

13 hours ago, pspman92 said:

hopefully in two months we will be back to normal, as soon as vaccine comes out..!!! 

Vaccine may be out in two months, but it will be April before it will be available to the general population, March for those over 65 with underlying conditions.

8 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

Even when cruises were cancelled starting with Pause 1 the Personalizer showed the cruise up until the day refunds/FCCs were processed.

2 minutes ago, caribill said:

Even when cruises were cancelled starting with Pause 1 the Personalizer showed the cruise up until the day refunds/FCCs were processed.

These companies website rarely get functional updates. When the pandemic hit, nobody really cared about maintaining their websites or even updating information.. maybe only news section was getting updates but that is all 

16 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

I wonder how long it will be before they cancel my 14 night Voyage of the glaciers next September out of Vancouver to Alaska (assuming Canada is open)

The November 1, 2021 date is not etched in stone, it is the maximum date per the Conditional Sailing Order.  They certainly made clear that the requirements are subject to change as conditions change.  September is a long way off and a lot will change between now and then. 

If Princess hasn't cancelled your cruise, it makes some sense since your cruise might still be able sail depending on how things look next September.  The actual wording of the Conditional Sailing Order only prohibits the actual sailing or offering to sail cruises of more than 7 days.  In your case, they aren't making an offer to sail, you were already booked before the order came out.  So as long as they stop advertising the cruise, Princess can keep their fingers crossed that your cruise will still come off in September. 

I know it's a technicality but that's what regulations are.  I do hope you will be able to take that cruise.  Indeed, that would be great news for all of us...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

They need to cancel my Jan 5th 2021 10day to the Caribbean 1st! LOL

• Haha 1

I still am wondering how those that have booked a 14-day Caribbean voyage that has an itinerary of doing the West or East Caribbean returning to Port Everglades and then doing the other side will be handled.  Might they break that down to two 7-day itineraries, which are currently available as single options, and make that 14-day as a B2B?

To me that makes some sense as the currently protocol is to test prior to embarkation and then again prior to disembarkation.  By doing that there is some degree of assurance that the passenger is not affected by Covid and would be good to go on the second 7-day.

The reason for not allowing more than 7-day voyages was to prevent a longer duration of possible infection from being on the ship and impacting more passengers or crew.  It was probably an arbitrary length of time for the voyage.

Unless there is some protocol edict that mandates that after any voyage the entire ship must be evacuated and then completely flooded with anti-viral material.  If that's the case it might make it more difficult to do a B2B if you have to pack up all your luggage and do more upon disembarkation than than a normal "In Transit" scenario.

I guess we will know soon as we have a 14-day Caribbean voyage booked on the Enchanted Princess, January 9th.  Then we will have the answer. 

16 hours ago, Grego said:

I guess we will know soon as we have a 14-day Caribbean voyage booked on the Enchanted Princess, January 9th.  Then we will have the answer. 

Odds are that cruise will not take place in any way, shape or form.

IMHO, Princess will be doing short test voyages, if any, by then.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 2:52 PM, Grego said:

"I still am wondering how those that have booked a 14-day Caribbean voyage that has an itinerary of doing the West or East Caribbean returning to Port Everglades and then doing the other side will be handled.  Might they break that down to two 7-day itineraries, which are currently available as single options, and make that 14-day as a B2B?"

as far as i know from previous cruising, 1 cruise is 7 days, if you paid for 14 days, you are treated as two cruises. that is, what you had in the first round does not apply to the next. Let say, photography. If you buy some pictures and take pictures in the first 7 days, those same pictures will not be available for the next 7 days, because it is a new circle and everything starts from the beginning .