Covid -19 Vaccinations

rucrazy

Covid vaccines   

97 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get the Covid Vaccine when made available

• Yes, as soon as possible
    • Yes, but will wait a a while to seek if it has adverse effects on others.
    • No. I don't believe in vaccinations.
    • I don't know

34 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

There’s 1.2million Oxford/AstraZeneca doses going cheap in Germany.

I think their “excess” is going away.  Germany has reversed its decision to not give AstraZeneca to 65 year olds and older and put teachers in a higher priority group

A good news update.  Mrs K got approval today from her hematologist to get any of the Covid vaccines.  Mrs K has an autoimmune condition and initially there was some hesitancy on her doctor’s part to get any of the vaccines.  If there is a downside is she doesn’t at this point qualify by age or medical condition to be in the 1a or 1b priority group.   I still can’t, despite checking every day get an appointment,  but there’s a chance because of her job with a government medical agency there’s a chance she’ll now get vaccinated before I do.  Now she’s in the loop so to speak they are saying two weeks before she gets at least her first shot.   

• Like 3

New great news is that I finally got a vaccination appointment.  In fact it’s tomorrow morning (Wednesday 10 March).   Mrs K and I noticed that one of the local pharmacy providers kept refreshing their available literally minute by minute.  We sat on the patio having our evening toddy and kept refreshing the website and hit an appointment.  Finally!  Mrs K doesn’t qualify under Texas criteria but I think she’ll be close behind through her Army status.  

• Like 3

On 3/4/2021 at 1:02 PM, Lois R said:

Well, got my shot and all is well👍 I got Moderna and I go back for the 2nd shot on April 1st.

And it was all easy peasy!  There was no line, no waiting!😀 

Yah!

Joseph

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, that is great news Randy😀, let us know how things go!

Got my first round of Pfizer this morning.  Automatically got an appointment for second dose same place same time on March 31.  Couldn’t have been any easier.  Actually didn’t even know he’d given me the injection until he said I could let my sleeve down.     Only just two hours ago as I type this so probably not enough time to see if my arm hurts, etc.   Maybe getting a little stiff but that could be me focused too much on looking for a reaction.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randyk47 said:

Got my first round of Pfizer this morning.  Automatically got an appointment for second dose same place same time on March 31.  Couldn’t have been any easier.  Actually didn’t even know he’d given me the injection until he said I could let my sleeve down.     Only just two hours ago as I type this so probably not enough time to see if my arm hurts, etc.   Maybe getting a little stiff but that could be me focused too much on looking for a reaction.   

Hi Randy, my arm was sore for about 2 days..  nothing horrible of course.  I got my shot 

last Thursday......it was sore Thursday and Friday. I would say by Saturday it was on the mend.

I got Moderna so I don't know if that has a different effect than Phizer. 

36 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Randy, my arm was sore for about 2 days..  nothing horrible of course.  I got my shot 

last Thursday......it was sore Thursday and Friday. I would say by Saturday it was on the mend.

I got Moderna so I don't know if that has a different effect than Phizer. 

I’ve heard mixed reactions from both Pfizer and Moderna so hard to draw any conclusions about who or how you might react.  Most people I know have gotten Pfizer and it’s been everything from hardly noticing to sore arms, fatigue, headache, etc.   The Johnson & Johnson hasn’t been around long enough to have heard much.  I know we only got somewhere around 2,500 doses locally this week so not many have gotten it yet.   

We had been counting on the Army to come through and vaccinate my wife.   The best estimate was they were working through the list and it would maybe two weeks.   I found out my wife actually did a little of the “let Randy try it” routine.  Neither of us are big fans of shots so she quietly wanted to see how I did.   Nice Sweetie.  🥴😀 Anyhow since I did so well she said she didn’t want to wait for the Army to get to her.  Settled on the patio late yesterday afternoon with our iPads and kept refreshing a pharmacy vaccine appointment site until we found her a slot this coming Monday afternoon.   Turns out it is close to her office and actually just a block or two off her typical commuting route.   With her  now having an appointment we’ll be done with both doses by early April.  👍😀

PS for Lois:  Upper arm is a little sore this morning but not enough that I have taken anything for it.   Pretty small area and not an issue.   Small price to pay.

• Like 2

Hi Randy, that is great news once again👍.... and I agree, I will take the sore arm for a couple

of days😃.....I didn't need to take anything for it either.

11 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Randy, that is great news once again👍.... and I agree, I will take the sore arm for a couple

of days😃.....I didn't need to take anything for it either.

Have to say I’m going to bed some 38 hours after my first injection and I have no aches, pains, or other symptoms.  My sore upper arm from this morning started to lessen by about noon and by this evening it is virtually totally gone and back to normal.  Won’t and can’t say it is normal but it has worked out as best I can imagine for me.  

Hi Randy,  you want to hear something really amusing........Before I was able to get my appt

at Walmart's Pharmacy I signed up with the state......well, today, I got 2 calls and emails from

them saying I could now get my first shot.  I told them I had already received my first shot.......

I told the state they need to remove me from their list.😀

15 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Randy,  you want to hear something really amusing........Before I was able to get my appt

at Walmart's Pharmacy I signed up with the state......well, today, I got 2 calls and emails from

them saying I could now get my first shot.  I told them I had already received my first shot.......

I told the state they need to remove me from their list.😀

I had done something similar and spent some time yesterday removing myself.   Funny thing was one was a city/county run text alert system that supposedly would tell me when and where I could get vaccinated.   In the four weeks I was enrolled all I got were texts asking me if I still wanted to participate but never an alert for any potential vaccination.   Maybe as vaccines become more and more available the enrollment process will improve but it’s a mess now.   

On 3/12/2021 at 7:54 PM, QueSeraSera said:

Similar experience here, got an email from the county to schedule a shot after I'd already had the first one.  I greatly prefer the present situation of multiple opportunities to the previous total lack of opportunities!

Still very few opportunities here.  I was offered an appointment 2weeks out from today, but the location is an hour drive away, (assuming good traffic..... not likely in Boston).  Still checking daily and just waiting !

1 hour ago, crusinbanjo said:

Still very few opportunities here.  I was offered an appointment 2weeks out from today, but the location is an hour drive away, (assuming good traffic..... not likely in Boston).  Still checking daily and just waiting !

Good morning, sorry you are still having such a hard time getting an appointment!!!!

2 hours ago, crusinbanjo said:

I too am sorry you are still having problems getting an appointment.  Mrs K got her first dose of Pfizer yesterday and that took the two of us logging into a state wide pharmacy’s website to find a slot.   We sat on the patio for about an hour with our iPads and hit refresh over and over again last week until we hit a slot.  It was frustrating.  It wasn’t that it was hard but you’d find a local pharmacy that said it had slots but when you tried to pick a slot it would disappear before you could finish the process.  That happened over and over again.  The best time locally to try to get a slot seems to be 4 PM to 6 PM and we’re guessing that’s when the pharmacies take an inventory of available and projected doses.  The planning horizon locally seems to be about a week out which seems to fit the Pfizer shelve life once unfrozen.   Anyhow Mrs K reported to our best friends and cruise buddies that “Team K” was 50% there.  They are both fully vaccinated and we’re close behind now.  We’re hoping to get together in June for the first time since we got off the Wind February 3 last year.    

Edited by Randyk47
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, crusinbanjo said:

We took the earliest appointments we could get, even though the site was an hour and a half drive each way.  (This is the furthest from home we have been in a year.)  We have made that trip twice now, and are very happy to be vaccinated.  We could have waited an additional six weeks to get an appointment 20 minutes away, but wanted to get the vaccine as soon as possible.

Hope you can get a convenient appointment.

• Like 2

On 3/7/2021 at 7:15 PM, Silver Spectre said:

There’s 1.2million Oxford/AstraZeneca doses going cheap in Germany.

I expect there would have been 1.2M less but for the Brexit lesson being taught!

• Like 1

I'm surprised and delighted to have been able to secure an appointment very quickly after becoming eligible this past Monday.  I  had tried the Publix site to no avail on Monday and this morning, but also registered with our county health department (they have 2 separate sites, which is odd) on Monday. 

This morning I received an email with a link to set up my appointment time at the Fairgrounds for this Saturday.      After sharing this information, a friend's husband also registered this morning - and was notified a few hours later of an appointment for tomorrow!

And if anyone needs a good laugh today, watch this!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1