Promising outlook finally

Porky55

13 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

I think I am in the same boat as you. We have done a LOT of cruising - but we mostly cruised to "see the World" - not to just cruise and eat 🙂 Cruising around Australia is of no interest to me - would rather do land travel. At 74, I think my cruising days are over - had a great time while it lasted though!!! 

Agree guys. Done 22 cruises all over the world and plenty land travel and in last 6 months done 5 mini road trips, around NSW of course, where else? No one will let us in !,

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Agree guys. Done 22 cruises all over the world and plenty land travel and in last 6 months done 5 mini road trips, around NSW of course, where else? No one will let us in !,

You can go anywhere in Australia now Les, but with a caveat, that being that it may change at any moment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bazzaw said:

I think I am in the same boat as you. We have done a LOT of cruising - but we mostly cruised to "see the World" - not to just cruise and eat 🙂 Cruising around Australia is of no interest to me - would rather do land travel. At 74, I think my cruising days are over - had a great time while it lasted though!!! 

I'm also a destination cruiser.  Whilst I have no interest in cruising around Australia, I'd love to do a slow cruise north to Darwin, stopping at small interesting places en route.  I was surprised on my last cruise when a crew member asked had I been to his favourite island off the North Qld. Coast.  I hadn't heard of it and I spent my youth visiting Nth Qld. islands, but it was much further north.  There is so many places in Australia still to discover.  

11 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

You can go anywhere in Australia now Les, but with a caveat, that being that it may change at any moment.

Totally correct Mic, drive a car that has reverse gear and can do a U turn at state borders.

Edited by NSWP

18 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No, probably not. We've done one Royal Caribbean cruise and it didn't suit us. 

I've done one Princess cruise  and it didn't suit me. Found that several RCI cruises were all  better than that one experience. I guess it's same with many brand experiences,  "first impressions are lasting impressions"

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

Yes ,I’ve been following it for a while .

I think the volunteer ones have finished and the first revenue cruises start today Monday.

Genting has been going for a couple of weeks now.

Singapore cruise society is a good source for Asia.

The big question I’m trying to answer is which ships they are going to send here?
 Probably ovation to Brisbane and voyager to Sydney for trials.

4 hours ago, lyndarra said:

So true. Yesterday I booked my first trip to Norfolk Island. 7 days next February.

You will enjoy it, we did 10 days there in Oct 2002, the week the Bali bombing happened. We stayed at Governors Resort, nice cabins.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Yes ,I’ve been following it for a while .

I think the volunteer ones have finished and the first revenue cruises start today Monday.

Genting has been going for a couple of weeks now.

Singapore cruise society is a good source for Asia.

The big question I’m trying to answer is which ships they are going to send here?
 Probably ovation to Brisbane and voyager to Sydney for trials.

He looks a bit strange that bloke, perhaps he is one of them there Swingers.😆

4 hours ago, lyndarra said:

So true. Yesterday I booked my first trip to Norfolk Island. 7 days next February.

Went to Norfolk January this year.  Thought it might suit me as an old lady.   Lol. Beautiful scenery, lots of great walks through their National parks, great swimming and snorkelling at Emily Bay and of course the historical sites.

Fantastic restaurants with prices on a par with RSL and Bowls club (not a fan of these).  What makes a great holiday?  The people, they were lovely.  There is so much to see and do. I hope you enjoy your trip as much as I did.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, lyndarra said:

6 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

What a coincidence, we are looking forward to visiting Norfolk Island next February.

Have you been before?  

We went to Norfolk each year from 2015-2018 & now have a number of friends 'on island' as they call it. We attended the NI Country Music Festival on each of our trips, but also spent a lot of time exploring & enjoying the island. There is so much to do & see for such a small island, & there is always something else to see & do. The locals are very friendly. 

There are no pubs, but 3 clubs & an incredible number of cafes & restaurants. Make sure you hire a car, and learn the Norfolk wave, oh and cows have right of way on the roads. A must-do is the fish-fry at Puppy's Point for the sunset.

There is a 'plan' to visit again in 2021, but we will have to see what happens.

1 hour ago, cruisine21 said:

We are planning to go to Norfolk Island next year. A lot of the accomodation places include car hire and insurance

I can recommend Channers on Norfolk, wonderful hosts, great location,  excellent accommodation (self serviced apartments) and comes with a car.

23 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I can recommend Channers on Norfolk, wonderful hosts, great location,  excellent accommodation (self serviced apartments) and comes with a car.

Thanks. There’s a TA in Port Mac who has some good prices on packages but I’m hesitant to use an agent.

Edited by cruisine21

3 minutes ago, cruisine21 said:

Thanks. There’s a TA in Port Mac who has some good prices on packages but I’m hesitant to use an agent.

Go to Channers direct, google, better than using the Pacifica website as well.

BTW, there was good free WIFI included at Channers (the island has bad internet close to 2G and not cheap.

4 minutes ago, cruisine21 said:

For Norfolk I recommend you use an agent on Norfolk. They have the real local knowledge - we have used Norfolk Island Travel Centre for our visits - all great.