Can Carnival have a few sailings just for those who have been Vaccinated?

evandbob

8 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

I vote with “no vaccine,  no cruise!”  I don’t believe that the cruise lines will risk people that do not have a vaccination certificate and I won’t either.

Why stop there?  All should be tested for flu, noro, and even the common cold.  Maybe even warts.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, St.Pete said:

Why stop there?  All should be tested for flu, noro, and even the common cold.  Maybe even warts.

When did warts or the common cold cause people to go into ICUs or die?

And when the cruise lines had those health pre-boarding checks, how many people lied on them?

• Like 3

I fully expect that to board any cruise ship going out of a US (world?) port or even calling on those ports pax must show verification that they had receive the vaccine and have received a covid test not more than 24-48 hours prior to boarding.   Then to get another test on boarding and temperature check before being allowed to board.  This may not be the decision solely of the cruise lines but also the various national governments before their ports can be used.  As for going back to "normal" I don't think that will be anytime soon with or without the vaccine. 

Since this is all new covid and vaccine it is not known how long the vaccine will be good for and may require periodic boosters.  After the vaccine is more widespread,  then the medical researchers will find out how long the vaccine lasts and when it needs to have a booster.  All their crystal balls are at present broken!

Edited by satxdiver

13 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Eventually folks are going to figure out that the Americans with Disability Act is still the law

and face shields are still an option. Or some other brilliant invention will come along. There are public health laws, too.

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

The ADA does not permit one to assume or treat another based on an assumption of illness. 

I don't believe foreign flagged cruise ships are subject to the entire ADA and Covid is a direct and credible threat to others.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, St.Pete said:

We are talking history.  Not the future.

I guess I kind of got lost when you were talking about masking and boarding...   just so everyone is clear, if there is testing pier side in the future, and someone tests positive, they will be denied boarding and get a full credit.  

• Like 1

Scientist have found post infection immunity for SARS 1 has last 17 years so I am hopefully SARS-COVID 2 immunity will last long enough for the virus to be defeated. So not only allow vaccined passengers and crew but those who have been infected and recovered. 

Edited by Purvis1231
typo
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 8:39 AM, evandbob said:

Maybe some dates on a ship could be blocked off just for those who either received the vax or can provide proof of antibodies?  I would consider booking such a cruise, depending on the ship and itinerary.

I don't think it will be necessary, because eventually we will reach herd immunity from those who have already been infected, along with people who have chosen to be vaccinated.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I guess I kind of got lost when you were talking about masking and boarding...   just so everyone is clear, if there is testing pier side in the future, and someone tests positive, they will be denied boarding and get a full credit.  

Masking their illness.   Not WEARING a mask.

On 12/4/2020 at 3:50 PM, Joebucks said:

To be fair, I was a on a cruise in mid-March without masks or vaccines. To our knowledge, nothing happened.

But I agree, the press can't wait to find people with COVID on ship.

Really? In mid March, the virus had not spread nationally yet. So most cruisers had not been exposed yet.

It's the press' job to keep the public informed.  Would you rather be ignorant? Do you not want the information you need to make an informed decision?

Edited by cruizergal70
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

Really? In mid March, the virus had not spread nationally yet. So most cruisers had not been exposed yet.

It's the press' job to keep the public informed.  Would you rather be ignorant? Do you not want the information you need to make an informed decision?

The press is the press - can debate that all day.

This process of the vaccine and travel will be work in progress or a work to oppress. There is no good solution. as they say "follow the science" = but some don't and the others don't care.  

The vaccine is going to bring many issues as there is a good percentage of people who don't trust it and  prob for good reason as we still don't know much about the virus but they (The press tells us) that the vaccine is solid?? 

45 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

The vaccine is going to bring many issues as there is a good percentage of people who don't trust it and  prob for good reason as we still don't know much about the virus but they (The press tells us) that the vaccine is solid?? 

If the vaccine is as successful as thought, many of the herd will come around.

The long term risks of the vaccine are unknown as are the long term risks for covid survivors. You gamble either way, but in one case you have to survive covid first, and hopefully not infect anyone else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

If the vaccine is as successful as thought, many of the herd will come around.

The long term risks of the vaccine are unknown as are the long term risks for covid survivors. You gamble either way, but in one case you have to survive covid first, and hopefully not infect anyone else.

Regardless of unknown “potential” long term vaccine issues, based on everything we know, it IS the answer. 

2 hours ago, Stick93 said:

The press is the press - can debate that all day.

This process of the vaccine and travel will be work in progress or a work to oppress. There is no good solution. as they say "follow the science" = but some don't and the others don't care.  

The ones “they” should listen to is the scientists and doctors who tell you it is the answer.  The rest are fools.  

5 hours ago, Purvis1231 said:

Scientist have found post infection immunity for SARS 1 has last 17 years so I am hopefully SARS-COVID 2 immunity will last long enough for the virus to be defeated. So not only allow vaccined passengers and crew but those who have been infected and recovered. 

You speak truth.  And, SARS1 survivors are immune to SARS 2.  And same with MERS.  And, SARS 2 T-Cell immunity lasts at least as long as we have known about SARS 2.

I still want to know, since I have had Covid already, why do I need a vaccine?  Please, nobody do a partial quote from CNN about how we can still catch the virus if we've been immunized because we can be asymptomatic carriers at that point.  All BS and all scare tactics.

• Like 4