Can Carnival have a few sailings just for those who have been Vaccinated?

evandbob

35 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

The ones “they” should listen to is the scientists and doctors who tell you it is the answer.  The rest are fools.  

I agree but what the scientist and doctors know - is not everything and I am on the inside of that group. 
Everyone has to protect themselves as they see fit. But one size does not fit all and the vaccine may not be our final answer. 
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

I agree but what the scientist and doctors know - is not everything and I am on the inside of that group. 
Everyone has to protect themselves as they see fit. But one size does not fit all and the vaccine may not be our final answer. 
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

Yup, everybody makes their own decisions.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tippyton said:

I still want to know, since I have had Covid already, why do I need a vaccine?  Please, nobody do a partial quote from CNN about how we can still catch the virus if we've been immunized because we can be asymptomatic carriers at that point.  All BS and all scare tactics.

From Fox News

"'[Immunity] certainly doesn’t last for someone’s entire lifespan,' one expert said"

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-reinfection-from-other-diseases-what-to-know

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

From Fox News

"'[Immunity] certainly doesn’t last for someone’s entire lifespan,' one expert said"

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-reinfection-from-other-diseases-what-to-know

Cherry pick much?  (FYIPeople who had SARS 1 are still immune 17 years later.  They are also immune to SARS 2.  They are closely related viruses )

You did exactly what I said in the first place.  Please read the whole article to get a proper context.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tippyton said:

Cherry pick much?  (FYIPeople who had SARS 1 are still immune 17 years later.  They are also immune to SARS 2.  They are closely related viruses )

You did exactly what I said in the first place.  Please read the whole article to get a proper context.  

I did as you said. I didn't post CNN. As for T cells, much is unknown. Where is your link for the Sars 1 Sars 2 assertion? As SARS disappeared years ago how did you prove people are still immune? Where did you get your degree in immunology?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I did as you said. I didn't post CNN. As for T cells, much is unknown. Where is your link for the Sars 1 Sars 2 assertion? As SARS disappeared years ago how did you prove people are still immune? Where did you get your degree in immunology?

https://www.researchgate.net/post/Cross_immunity_in_SARS_survivors_that_may_protect_them_against_Covid-19

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2020/07/28/immune-t-cells-may-offer-lasting-protection-against-covid-19/

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)32137-1/fulltext

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-long-does-immunity-last-after-covid-19-what-we-know

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/17/health/coronavirus-immunity.html

Lots more for those who care to look. 😘

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

In a paper, researchers San Francisco's Vir Biotechnology and the University of Washington, explain that when examining old blood samples from an individual who had been infected with SARS coronavirus in 2003, they discovered an antibody—S309—in the blood of a person that effectively blocked SARS-CoV-2. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Purvis1231 said:

In a paper, researchers San Francisco's Vir Biotechnology and the University of Washington, explain that when examining old blood samples from an individual who had been infected with SARS coronavirus in 2003, they discovered an antibody—S309—in the blood of a person that effectively blocked SARS-CoV-2. 

Anecdotal evidence, plus it does not prove this holds for everyone. Plus this is a different virus.

On 12/5/2020 at 12:11 PM, satxdiver said:

I fully expect that to board any cruise ship going out of a US (world?) port or even calling on those ports pax must show verification that they had receive the vaccine and have received a covid test not more than 24-48 hours prior to boarding.   Then to get another test on boarding and temperature check before being allowed to board.  This may not be the decision solely of the cruise lines but also the various national governments before their ports can be used.  As for going back to "normal" I don't think that will be anytime soon with or without the vaccine. 

Since this is all new covid and vaccine it is not known how long the vaccine will be good for and may require periodic boosters.  After the vaccine is more widespread,  then the medical researchers will find out how long the vaccine lasts and when it needs to have a booster.  All their crystal balls are at present broken!

This was on the NCL board.  Since CLEAR is already used in the airports, it sounds like they have the inside track to providing the system for any future travel requiring Covid vaccines, which could include cruises.

There was a story on the news last night regarding this "COVID Passport" concept.  CLEAR, the company that is responsible for pre-clearing people to bypass security lines at sports stadiums and other venues, is developing an app that would do this, or is adding COVID status to an existing app.  The idea is that somehow your status is loaded in the app, after verification, you can then show the loaded app to security personnel and all they see is green or red, to indicate you're good or not.

Looks like it's not new information, this article is from early October - https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-tips/coronavirus-test-results-clear-health-pass

Here's the NBC Nightly News show with the info on the app, it was at 9 minutes - https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news-netcast/video/nightly-news-full-broadcast-december-7th-97299525771

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Anecdotal evidence, plus it does not prove this holds for everyone. Plus this is a different virus.

This is the best evidence we have. In science proof is a hard thing to find but as I said in my first post I am hopefully naturral immunity and vaccine will hold .

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

This is the best evidence we have. In science proof is a hard thing to find but as I said in my first post I am hopefully naturral immunity and vaccine will hold .

Bring hopeful is fine, but it is far from proof.

14 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Bring hopeful is fine, but it is far from proof.

As I said proof is a hard thing to find in science- we have to deal with the best available data. The data thus far indicates that immunity is possible. 

Broad and strong memory CD4 + and CD8 + T cells induced by SARS-CoV-2 in UK convalescent individuals following COVID-19 | Nature Immunology

Edited by Purvis1231
typo
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

When you get your Covid jab, there might be allergic reactions.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55244122

There is always the possibility of allergic reactions. My DW had an allergic reaction on a cruise. She had just had dental surgery and a prescription after that. It turned out she was allergic to the drug prescribed.

Some schools have separate tables or even cafeterias for those allergic to peanuts. I don't see you warning anyone to stay away from peanut butter. We have a relative allergic to milk. Should we ban milk and all milk products like cheese?

One of my brothers is allergic to penicillin. I hope you would not ban that drug for everyone.

• Like 2

I'm not looking to ban it. The people who are most fragile have something else to consider. And maybe some who think they aren't at risk. This likely won't be the last side effect - I think this one might have even been noticed during the accelerated trials.

I agree, the vaccines can't come soon enough, but even then, the vaccine will not prevent us from getting covid-19 and possibly passing it on to others, it will though prevent us from getting sick with the symptoms should we contract it. So that's why mask wearing will still be encourage even after getting the vaccine. So I can't imagine anyone being permitted to board any ship without proof of vaccine, and even then at 95% effective, that still leaves a chance of someone spreading it, positive covid-19 test results and possibly becoming ill. Please don't shoot the messenger, but these are the facts, would I still cruise and use safety precautions, ABSOLUTELY!!! 

I don't see how they can require everyone to be vaccinated in order to cruise over the next several months.  Everything I am reading says it may be the end of 2021 before everyone in the country can be vaccinated.  If cruising starts in March/April it will be without a vaccine mandate.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

I don't see how they can require everyone to be vaccinated in order to cruise over the next several months.  Everything I am reading says it may be the end of 2021 before everyone in the country can be vaccinated.  If cruising starts in March/April it will be without a vaccine mandate.  

Unfortunately, that's why I don't believe cruising will resume in March/April, of course I don't know for sure, but I believe the chances are slim. I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dallasdan said:

They absolutely can - they can mandate that only people who have been vaccinated can board a cruise.  If you haven't been vaccinated, you can reschedule your cruise to a later date.

It's possible that some or many ports of call will require vaccine for visitors as well.

It would be the right thing to do, in addition to masks/social distancing/testing for at least the immediate future.  Once we have a vast majority of vaccinations and we see where the virus is going, that would be the time to revisit.

Edited by Jobeth66
  • Like 1

I've got a cruise booked at the end of April and think it will only sail if they require proof of vaccination.  If it's too soon, I think it will be cancelled.  Just my thoughts.  I booked another cruise for August and will just roll over everything to that cruise if my April cruise is cancelled.  I am fully prepared for it to be cancelled, but remain hopeful that it may sail.

2 hours ago, mouche said:

I agree, the vaccines can't come soon enough, but even then, the vaccine will not prevent us from getting covid-19 and possibly passing it on to others, it will though prevent us from getting sick with the symptoms should we contract it. So that's why mask wearing will still be encourage even after getting the vaccine. So I can't imagine anyone being permitted to board any ship without proof of vaccine, and even then at 95% effective, that still leaves a chance of someone spreading it, positive covid-19 test results and possibly becoming ill. Please don't shoot the messenger, but these are the facts, would I still cruise and use safety precautions, ABSOLUTELY!!! 

However, even if a case sneaks on board, if everyone is vaccinated, "the spread" wouldn't be as bad.

I think that we see mask wearing for a while, on ships and off ships, for a while after even "the masses" are vaccinated.

• Like 2