2-bedroom Grand Suite on Independence of the Seas

thjeepster

Good Afternoon everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone knows if there are any perks on the cruise for being in a Grand Suite on Independence of the Seas?

I can't seem to find out what is included in the booking for a 2-bedroom Grand Suite besides a second bedroom, second bathroom, a living area, and a larger balcony.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks up front!

4 minutes ago, thjeepster said:

Good Afternoon everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone knows if there are any perks on the cruise for being in a Grand Suite on Independence of the Seas?

I can't seem to find out what is included in the booking for a 2-bedroom Grand Suite besides a second bedroom, second bathroom, a living area, and a larger balcony.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks up front!

The same perks that come with any GS and above.

19 minutes ago, thjeepster said:

Do you have that list?

I just thought they have different Classes now that have different perks?

Sky Class perks...sorry I don't but I'm sure some one will..or Google for a detailed list. Star class is where additional perks come into play....which doesn't include the 2 bedroom GS.

Edited by Ashland

3 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

Star and suite class doesn’t come into play with Independence. If you get the 2 bedroom gs in deck 6 it actually has a hot tub. You still have breakfast in Chops, pool seating close to the bar and walk off with the concierge etc. 

also concierge or suite lounge for free drinks from approx 5 pm for 3.5 hours. Should get luggage direct free which is nice, great seating for ice show and others shows. Concierge will send you a email listing all the perks about 5 days before the cruise.

6 hours ago, thjeepster said:

Do you have that list?

I just thought they have different Classes now that have different perks?

Those classes are only on Quantum and Oasis class ships.

Use of the Suite Lounge, Deck 14.
·        Spa Bathrobes for use onboard.
·        Upgraded amenities for the bathroom.
·        Complimentary pressing service for the first Formal night.
·        Continental Breakfast served daily in the Suite Lounge, From 7:30 am to 10:00 am
·        Hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup served in the lounge every evening before and after dinner from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
·        A la Carte Breakfast served daily in Chop’s Restaurant on Sea Days from 8:00 am to 10:00 am and in Port days from 7:00 am to 9:00 am.
·        Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering for your dinner wine.
·        Limited VIP lounge chair set-up near the Pool Bar area between Decks 11 and 12 ( no chairs reservation ).
·        Full Dining Room room-service privilege (available when Dining Room is open).
·        Reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, sports activities, Shore excursions! Salon and Spa services, etc.
·        Our new additions i.e. Chef's Table, Sabor, Giovanni’s Table, Izumi  Restaurant ,Chops Grille ,get booked early, to avoid disappointment we suggest you make your reservations early.
·        Arrangements for private parties.
·        Reserved private seating during breakfast and lunch in Chop’s Grill restaurant (please see your service personnel for directions).
·        Business services such as copies, etc.
·        Cocktail party hosted by the Captain (invitations will be sent).
·        Reserved VIP seats for production shows the suite area will be open 15 minutes prior to show time (please show Cruise Director’s staffs your Gold SeaPass card at the entrance).

Was looking at the list and we did not get most of those things when we stayed in the Presidential Suite on Liberty.  The only way we could eat in the specialty restaurants was to purchase the meal package.  Our luggage got lost and we did not get it until after 10 pm.  The hot tub did not work till half way thru the cruise. To say the least, a huge disappointment for what we thought would be a good cruise.

3 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Was looking at the list and we did not get most of those things when we stayed in the Presidential Suite on Liberty.  The only way we could eat in the specialty restaurants was to purchase the meal package.  Our luggage got lost and we did not get it until after 10 pm.  The hot tub did not work till half way thru the cruise. To say the least, a huge disappointment for what we thought would be a good cruise.

"The only way we could eat in the specialty restaurants was to purchase the meal package."

I don't understand what you mean.

13 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Was looking at the list and we did not get most of those things when we stayed in the Presidential Suite on Liberty. 

The list that you are referring to does not apply to Liberty.

Personally I think this is confusing, but, it's the way it is.

You can eat in any restaurant but I guess my point was that it is more efficient to purchase the dining package.  There needs to be the same perkes for all the ships not a different set for each different ship.  At least with Star Class I know what is included regardless which ship.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The list posted earlier in the thread is the list of suite perks for ships other than Oasis and Quantum class

And speaking of confusing...

You're correct, sorry, I should have read that post completely.  Thanks for catching my error.

My family and I stayed in one of the 2-bedroom GS suites on Independence in July 2019 for 2 weeks. All these suites are at the aft, so you have a good little walk.

The suite has the same perks as a non-Quantum/Oasis class GS suite, and it applies to everyone in the cabin. There were four of us, DH, DS, my son's school friend and myself so there was plenty of room. We found the large balcony nice to have and the sitting room invaluable to gather pre-dinner.

There is no suite restaurant on this ship, but there is a nice suite lounge which has continental breakfast in the morning, sandwiches during lunch and snacks throughout the day. In the evenings there are canapes and complimentary drinks. The concierge is available at pre-defined times each day. The lounge also has a supply of towels so no need to check towels out on the pool deck. Just drop of used towels.

As others have mentioned, breakfast is in Chops. You have gold-card seating on the pool deck which can be useful on sea days, although you still get chair hogs. Priority boarding on embarkation day. As others have said, paying for the unlimited dining works well, we really loved the freedom of being able to eat at any restaurant. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

We were a little disappointed by the suite's interior. The Independence was our very first cruise back in 2010 and we decided to sail her again for a bit of nostalgia after several Celebrity, NCL and Cunard trips in-between. I recall that there was a lot of fanfare about the upgrades to the ship after it last dry dock with waterslides and Playmakers added. Although those were great (we all loved Playmakers), we were a bit disappointed by the suite itself as it seemed a bit worn, cabinet doors needed attention etc., and the dry-dock did not appear to touch the cabins except for new carpet. The drapes seemed the same as 2009. We have booked at 2022 on Anthem, which will be our first on Quantum class but we have another Celebrity Cruise trip scheduled for 2021.

• 5 months later...

Our two-bedroom Grand Suite on Liberty of the Seas was switched to the Independence of the Seas. These are sister ships, but can anyone tell me any differences between, or advantages of, one suite or deck over the others. Are there hot tubs on the balconies of these suites?

15 minutes ago, archie401 said:

Another question, please. Did RC eliminate the cigar lounge on Independence of the Seas in its 2018 refit?

Yes. It’s now the library. 
I’d imagine the cigar lounge will be history on Liberty as well after the dry dock. 

Edited by HicksRA

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

Yes. It’s now the library. 
I’d imagine the cigar lounge will be history on Liberty as well after the dry dock. 

In this dry dock is liberty getting playmakers and coke freestyle machines or is this a standard mechanical dry dock?

Just now, dominicr said:

In this dry dock is liberty getting playmakers and coke freestyle machines or is this a standard mechanical dry dock?

Unlikely any ship will get costly upgrades for a while.