Le Bistro NEW Menu

cruisekitty22

What else do they have to do but tweak menus? LOL.

unless we get an insider leak, I don't think we can know until cruises resume. And when they do, the floodgates will open for

* menu updates, dining and bar

* Who are the captains, cruise directors

* What are the changes from all the dry docks

Can't wait! 😎

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, cruisekitty22 said:

Anyone know the scoop on the "New" menu for LeBistro?  We are scheduled for the Encore Dec 5-12, 2021 providing it sails. LeBistro is our favorite restaurant and always our first night dinner. I heard they are tweaking menus. 

It's our usual 'first night' menu too!    If they make changes to that menu, hope they are keeping DH's favorite Mushroom soup.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

I haven't heard of any changes but if they keep burning up money they'll be serving a Spam and Egg sandwich for $39.95  🙂

Spam... yum! We spend a lot of time in Hawaii and Spam is a staple there. Everywhere from McDonald's breakfast to 7-11. 

We order the steak at Le Bistro. 

3 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@hamrag

I cannot think of anything less appetising than mushroom soup.

As you can only "think" that could I suggest that on your next cruise you try the Mushroom soup in Le Bistro.   You may change your outlook!!

I have tried it, amongst many Le Bistro and Cagneys menu items, so my comment is from experience! 🙄

8 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@hamrag

Fair enough; we will just have to agree to disagree.   

What about fried mushrooms in a mixed grill?  To me a fry-up without mushrooms and black pudding is only half a meal!!!

Or stuffed Portobellos?

Not fussed, much rather have haggis with my black pudding...now that is a treat! 😂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hamrag said:

I have tried it, amongst many Le Bistro and Cagneys menu items, so my comment is from experience! 🙄

Have you tried the Mushroom soup though. It is very good, not as good as Mama's Fish House in Maui mushroom soup as that is by far the best but its pretty good.

3 minutes ago, jetact said:

Have you tried the Mushroom soup though. It is very good, not as good as Mama's Fish House in Maui mushroom soup as that is by far the best but its pretty good.

It was mushroom soup we were talking about in my post....which you quoted....so, yes I have and don't find it at all appetising as stated!

• Like 1

@hamrag

Unfortunately I have never come across haggis on an NCL ship.   A great pity as I too enjoy a good piece/slice of haggis.

We had a Scottish physics teacher in one of the NZ schools I taught at.   One year, on Burns' Night, he arranged a "do" for those who wanted to attend.   He piped in the main course.   However you should have seen a number of faces when the haggis appeared.   They all took the dram but few the haggis.  Also a few weren't too happy with one half of the vegetables!!!

Watching the faces was as good as the fare.

1 hour ago, casofilia said:

Unfortunately I have never come across haggis on an NCL ship.   A great pity as I too enjoy a good piece/slice of haggis.

Haggis can be very hard to obtain in America. If it is made with lungs the government doesn’t consider it fit for human consumption and won’t allow it to be imported or sold. People in my family may or may not drive across the border (when it was open) to buy it in Canada.  Since the whole fleet has the same menus, it would probably be a pain to work around it on ships based in the US especially since it probably wouldn’t be a super popular menu item. 

I would eat it if available, but I prefer black or white pudding. 

I have a daughter living in Canada who is a Vegan.   We have visited her on Burns' Night (her husband was Scots by birth) and she made a Vegan Haggis.   Not quite the taste of real haggis but very, very nice with the feel of real haggis.   Even her husband loved it.

• Like 1