Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

I agree, only good thing is no airfare or hotels, but still way more expensive pppd in normal times than the Caribbean or Med. Maybe because the season is fairly short? 

They’ll charge what people will pay. If people stop paying, the prices will drop. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

RCI could source plenty of vaccinated customers from the EU if it wanted to and was allowed even if the individual country's vaccination rates are "low". Even in Israel (the most vaccinated country with at least 5M population) the vaccination rate has plateaued at just above 70%.

I dunno. Cruising just isnt that big in Europe with the average cruiser being much older and less inclined to spend money when on board so the chance of making money on reduced capacity is even more limited for Royal. There are better value lines which actually have nice ships and food and cost much less and cater for Europeans much better and MSC doesnt even mandate vaccines. 

Its not hard to fill one ship but if one can sail then they all can and then its about finding enough people week in week out who meet that criteria. Europes vaccine rate is 9-11% and its getting slower not faster. 

Doesnt bode well the way its all looking

Edited by Pandamonia

1 minute ago, CaroleC said:

“Cruising just isn’t that big in Europe”

Really???

Well at least for Royal anyway. It struggles to fill ships all the time. Thats why it only dumps its best ships in Europe when they have to come here for repairs and upgrades. 

10 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

Well at least for Royal anyway. It struggles to fill ships all the time. Thats why it only dumps its best ships in Europe when they have to come here for repairs and upgrades. 

With the maintenance on the Oasis class, it means 1 big ship per year in Europe.

The med has very limited ports that can hold ships that size. 

Odyssey was scheduled to sail from Rome and Anthem from Southampton. Along with Harmony from Barcelona that's 3 new/big ships in Europe.

I'm sure Indy will be back soon in Southampton, once a decent level of normal returns.

• Like 3

How quick do we reckon these will take to sell out? I heard the P&O Website crashed. So was it gone in minutes like concert tickets or are cruise websites not used to demand? My question will I need to be refreshing the tab at 3pm to get on the cruise?

1 minute ago, Cool1054 said:

How quick do we reckon these will take to sell out? I heard the P&O Website crashed. So was it gone in minutes like concert tickets or are cruise websites not used to demand? My question will I need to be refreshing the tab at 3pm to get on the cruise?

Welcome to CC

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cool1054 said:

Its just peak demand. 

Alton towers booking system is still broken after it started taking bookings. 

Last year i had to wait 50 minutes just to connect to the Lazy Spa website. 

Hard to know any facts. Its all spin from company CEO's. 

32 minutes ago, Cool1054 said:

Not sure about P&O but when I was looking at MSC last week on the day the Virtuosa UK cruises went on sale, their website kept saying that all sailings were fully booked! I ended up ringing them and after being on hold for over an hour I finally got through and there was plenty of availability. I think it was just the sheer volume of people browsing/attempting to book all at the same time. I actually ended up booking through a TA as I got a far better price than direct with the company.

MSC prices have really gone up from what people  are saying they have paid.

I looked this morning and they wanted £1500 pp for a balcony on a 7 night cruise.

This does not make me look forward to Anthem pricing on Wednesday!

28 minutes ago, Static events said:

could even stop at Lisbon they have no COVID now. 

I wouldn't go quite that far but cases are definitely way down from where we were in January. Now we just need to get vaccines into people's arms! 

23 minutes ago, bigeck said:

That would be better. I've never been to Lisbon

It's a great place to visit and should definitely be on your bucket list but you'd do yourself a huge favour by jumping on a cheap flight and spending a long weekend in the city as opposed to a few hours on a port call. Wait till this mess is all over so that you can really make the most of it. You won't regret it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

MSC prices have really gone up from what people  are saying they have paid.

I looked this morning and they wanted £1500 pp for a balcony on a 7 night cruise.

This does not make me look forward to Anthem pricing on Wednesday!

I reckon £1200 to £1400 pp for the 8 night

1 minute ago, bigeck said:

I reckon £1200 to £1400 pp for the 8 night

If it came in at £1200 I think I'd be OK with that.

£1500 I would have to think about (but in fairness I'm so desperate to get away i'd probably pay it lol!)

12 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

If it came in at £1200 I think I'd be OK with that.

£1500 I would have to think about (but in fairness I'm so desperate to get away i'd probably pay it lol!)

Celebrity Silhouette is £1450 and that includes drinks, grats and wi fi

I think we will be fine as prices will be competitive. P&O, 'X' and Msc are lall touting for our ££

20 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

It's a great place to visit and should definitely be on your bucket list but you'd do yourself a huge favour by jumping on a cheap flight and spending a long weekend in the city as opposed to a few hours on a port call. Wait till this mess is all over so that you can really make the most of it. You won't regret it.

Agree. 

also the algarve is great. I really enjoy vilamoura.

I wonder why there isn’t a cruise ship port for the algarve....

2 minutes ago, bigeck said:

Celebrity Silhouette is £1450 and that includes drinks, grats and wi fi

I think we will be fine as prices will be competitive. P&O, 'X' and Msc are lall touting for our ££

I would take £1,450 inc drinks, brats and WiFi... 

in theory it should be slightly lower than  Celebrity