Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

10 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

£1,314 was for both of us not per person so I reckon it was a good deal. No, I’m not expecting a heatwave and the ports aren’t exactly riveting but I don’t care 😂😂. We’re going to be on a brand new ship and it’s got to be better than being bored at home!

That's an excellent price, especially as it includes drink package and grats. And for a balcony cabin on a new ship too. 

Thanks to all our great NHS staff who have worked so hard this last year. Glad you got a discount 👏👏

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

Wondering about October 9th cruise to the Canaries. Also the TA following it.  Hoping.

We’ve got the 9th October sailing booked too, it was a L&S from last October. I’m keeping everything crossed that it goes but I’m having serious doubts 😣

24 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

I dunno what you usually pay for i normally sail out of Southampton on Indi for 14 nights inc drinks package and pay around 1400 quid inside or 1700 balcony. That is somewhere warm too with decent ports!

So no. Not a great deal.

Can't compare a non covid cruise to present times.

That just doesn't work.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

I dunno what you usually pay for i normally sail out of Southampton on Indi for 14 nights inc drinks package and pay around 1400 quid inside or 1700 balcony. That is somewhere warm too with decent ports!

So no. Not a great deal.

Given that Indie hasn’t sailed from Southampton for a couple of years now, you have to allow for inflation.  
£100pppn is my usual base figure but we are not living in usual times.  
Who knows what prices will be like in the future but you can be sure that the Cruiselines will push the ceiling to try and recoup more than a year’s lost revenue. And People will pay. 

48 minutes ago, little britain said:

Given that Indie hasn’t sailed from Southampton for a couple of years now, you have to allow for inflation.  
£100pppn is my usual base figure but we are not living in usual times.  
Who knows what prices will be like in the future but you can be sure that the Cruiselines will push the ceiling to try and recoup more than a year’s lost revenue. And People will pay. 

Well it wasnt that long ago. It was few months before China admitted the virus was p2p. Inflation during the pandemic hasnt really existed in the real world only on high demand products. Holidays are not in high demand no matter what they tell you. Its limited supply the problem. 

The issue is that Royal removed the second ship out of southampton which meant demand was spread over less cabins and then didnt include the drinks package as they have been doing. This adds huge cost to a cruise over 14 nights. 

Royal have been doing stuff to raise prices in many ways over the last 4 or 5 years. They offer less and charge more has been the running theme for some time. Constantly cutting quality and corners in the name of small profit gains. Irony is that has all been for nothing now as they have lost more in 12 months than they have made in profits for decades. 

I hope they have to rethink their business model and go back to offering better standards and value for money instead of thinking of new ways to squeeze more out of the same people. Problem is the debts are going to mean they will likely be looking at even more ways to provide less for more. Starting right now on these UK sailings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

That's an excellent price, especially as it includes drink package and grats. And for a balcony cabin on a new ship too. 

Thanks to all our great NHS staff who have worked so hard this last year. Glad you got a discount 👏👏

Thank you for that. The last 12 months have been grim, I can’t wait to get away and enjoy a few cocktails on a brand new ship even if it does rain lol. I’m grateful to MSC for the NHS discount, made a big difference on price. Never sailed with them before but looking forward to it.

Edited by CaroleC
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

Well it wasnt that long ago. It was few months before China admitted the virus was p2p. Inflation during the pandemic hasnt really existed in the real world only on high demand products. Holidays are not in high demand no matter what they tell you. Its limited supply the problem. 

The issue is that Royal removed the second ship out of southampton which meant demand was spread over less cabins and then didnt include the drinks package as they have been doing. This adds huge cost to a cruise over 14 nights. 

Royal have been doing stuff to raise prices in many ways over the last 4 or 5 years. They offer less and charge more has been the running theme for some time. Constantly cutting quality and corners in the name of small profit gains. Irony is that has all been for nothing now as they have lost more in 12 months than they have made in profits for decades. 

I hope they have to rethink their business model and go back to offering better standards and value for money instead of thinking of new ways to squeeze more out of the same people. Problem is the debts are going to mean they will likely be looking at even more ways to provide less for more. Starting right now on these UK sailings.

preach 

20 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I love RCL but find their UK prices extreme. You can do a 4 night Bahamas and perfect day from Miami Jan 31 2022 from £259PP!!!!

Just find the UK prices a rip off as per usual sadly.....

I agree, only good thing is no airfare or hotels, but still way more expensive pppd in normal times than the Caribbean or Med. Maybe because the season is fairly short? 

2 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I agree, only good thing is no airfare or hotels, but still way more expensive pppd in normal times than the Caribbean or Med. Maybe because the season is fairly short? 

Port taxes, cost of re-supply maybe but still its super expensive. 

Like you said should be cheaper if your already in the country near the port......

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Static events said:

same if I get vaccinated in time. What happens if you book but haven’t had both doses...?

Are vaccines mandatory? Have they said definately? 

Update, just checked back, post 330 says fully vaccinated 

Edited by sgmn

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Are vaccines mandatory? Have they said definately? 

Update, just checked back, post 330 says fully vaccinated 

I read you had to be fully vaccinated and at least 7 days after your 2nd dose. 

Judging by the online vaccine calculator that rules me out, I won't get my 2nd dose until mid-late August 😞 Assuming the cruises are only running up until August? 

Hello,

I'm booked on MSC in June & July. I'm waiting to see what the RCI prices are like for August and then, hopefully, normal service resumes with my already booked September & October cruises on Anthem.

Regards,

Cublet

16 hours ago, sgmn said:

I agree with the big thanks to the NHS, but lets not forget all the KEY Workers who have allowed the NHS and country to function.......havent looked proper so dont know if they get a discount as well.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmilyJay said:

I read you had to be fully vaccinated and at least 7 days after your 2nd dose. 

Judging by the online vaccine calculator that rules me out, I won't get my 2nd dose until mid-late August 😞 Assuming the cruises are only running up until August? 

It is 14 days after your second dose.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/do-i-need-a-covid-vaccine-to-cruise-what-counts-as-proof

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Lol Royal have lost the plot. 

1 Vaccine dose is enough to protect you and others in the high 80's percent after 4 weeks. It was enough to protect my 88 year old relative in poor health from a hospital contracted Covid19 infection where he wasnt even symptomatic after only 2 weeks having a first dose. 

The only reason for this is that they cant afford any kind of outbreak on their ship delaying the restart of cruising later this year in the USA. 

If they are that sure that all this is needed then just cancel the rest of the cruises in Europe till December 2020 because thats when anyone else in Europe will be able to meet these stupid criteria. 

43 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

If they are that sure that all this is needed then just cancel the rest of the cruises in Europe till December 2020 because thats when anyone else in Europe will be able to meet these stupid criteria. 

RCI could source plenty of vaccinated customers from the EU if it wanted to and was allowed even if the individual country's vaccination rates are "low". Even in Israel (the most vaccinated country with at least 5M population) the vaccination rate has plateaued at just above 70%.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

Boris has just said that Gibraltar has vaccinated its adult population in full.

Base Harmony in Gibraltar 🤷‍♀️?  Air travel corridors from UK?   Malta is pretty high on their statistics too. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, little britain said:

Boris has just said that Gibraltar has vaccinated its adult population in full.

Base Harmony in Gibraltar 🤷‍♀️?  Air travel corridors from UK?   Malta is pretty high on their statistics too. 

Lets go. I would do that

Or even Anthem to Gib

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Southampton to Gib on Anthem, oh yes I’d be happy with that 😁

7 night cruise with an overnight in Gib

Should give Michael a call. He is Welsh, so he might know that.

• Haha 1