Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

2 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I've just received an email from RCI warning me that the 'sale' on cruise planner purchases for my 4th June Anthem sailing is about to end.

Regards,

Cublet

Received the exact same email earlier today! 🤬

5 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

Here is a comparison for you.

I just priced out MSC Virtuosa Liverpool departure 31st August , 7 night cruise .
Fantastica Accessible balcony cabin, premium drinks package and tips included 

£2088.10 total for a couple . That is with our Voyager club discount .

Thank you for that. Not sure how it will compare to the Anthem prices as they’re not being released until 7th April but I’m worried if I leave it until then Virtuosa will be sold out.

Decisions, decisions lol 🤔

1 hour ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

You did extremely well to get that we paid more than that and had to book Fantastica experience to get the premium drinks packages and gratuities included.

I’m sure in the booking conditions it says only on Fanastica experience and above.

But again we’ll done to you.

Strange; It was very clear that Premium & tips included at all levels. Who told you otherwise? 
What date are you on? 

B1A14868-4E5D-43CD-A62E-C03CBA3E5E45.png

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Thank you for that. Not sure how it will compare to the Anthem prices as they’re not being released until 7th April but I’m worried if I leave it until then Virtuosa will be sold out.

Decisions, decisions lol 🤔

Decision made for me, Virtuosa sold out! 😥

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Nope definitely included on Bella! No need to buy any higher and with only 1000 on board the first sailings, no need to buy YC to escape!!

Am looking forward to trying the barman! 

That’s great as I said well done.

It does say however in the terms and conditions it’s Fantastica and above.

I haven’t the exact prices with me but I’m pretty sure we were about £2400.00 Fantastica experience with black card discount mid August in a balcony cabin.

Would rather had gone with RCG but honestly fed up with waiting and didn’t want to end up wishing we’d have given Virtuosa a try.

9 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

The terms and conditions read “ fully vaccinated “ so I would imagine that’s two jabs.

Yes just spoke to my travel agent and it means 2 jabs the last one being at least 7 days prior to sailing .

also you must have a UK passport.

cant wait to book 😊

3 minutes ago, Lindypops said:

also you must have a UK passport.

That's interesting. I wonder why you have to have a UK passport? What if you are a non-UK passport holder who is legally resident in the UK? I would have thought there would be a need to prove one's residency as opposed to nationality.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

That's interesting. I wonder why you have to have a UK passport? What if you are a non-UK passport holder who is legally resident in the UK? I would have thought there would be a need to prove one's residency as opposed to nationality.

guess you would need to confirm that with the travel agent  when you try to book 

i wonder if it also means you cant go if you dont have a passport?

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Strange; It was very clear that Premium & tips included at all levels. Who told you otherwise? 
What date are you on? 

Same cruise also deck 13 but right at the back! Ours definitely includes the drinks too. Do you know if the package includes the bionic bar?

I'm sure we'll bump into you onboard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Nope definitely included on Bella! No need to buy any higher and with only 1000 on board the first sailings, no need to buy YC to escape!!

Am looking forward to trying the barman! 

Enjoy ! 
We have several UK breaks in June and July which were re scheduled from Christmas and New year and earlier . I really want to do them , cruising will just have to wait a wee while longer . Look forward to your feedback .

1 hour ago, CaroleC said:

Decision made for me, Virtuosa sold out! 😥

Actually it’s not!

Although the website was saying all sailings were fully booked I rang MSC to enquire. After being on hold for over an hour I finally got through and was advised there was availability. However, I was disappointed to be told that the discount of up to 50% for NHS staff did not apply to all cruises despite what their website states! 😡

I was originally looking at the 9 nighter on 15th June departing Liverpool, unfortunately, there is no discount at all on this cruise. I was offered 10% off the 7 nighter on 12th June from Southampton plus 5% discount for my Gold membership (status matched from RC Diamond Plus).

Even with the discount the final cost was over £2,200 for a balcony cabin (I was told this was all they had remaining). The price does include the premium drinks package however.

They permitted me to put a hold on until Monday, thoughts on pricing?

7 hours ago, swoopy2110 said:

I has a Suite Guarantee booked on my July 2021 Anthem Sailing. Looking at July 2022 there is no Suite Guarantee available yet. Anyone know what happens if I want to L&S ?

We had the same issue with our May cruise, spoke to the RC team and they created a GTY suite and completed the L&S, took about 20 minutes on the phone. The agent had to get permission from his supervisor, then the back office team made a GTY suite available for him to allocate to us.

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Anthem of the Seas June 4 to August 29, 2021: Instead of offering European sailings, Anthem of the Seas will now offer Ocean Getaways and British Isles itineraries from Southampton exclusively for UK residents.

our TA got it wrong 😨

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, little britain said:

What date are you on? 

When we booked this morning the MSC site said the premium drinks were only available on the Fantastica experience which is why we paid the £100 more each for that experience.

3 hours ago, little britain said:

@CaroleC the regular balcony Bella price on 12/6 is £2278.10 with the 5% discount so it should be cheaper with your additional NHS 10%? 

The price I was quoted was for a Fantastica balcony, the CS advisor told me that was all that was available.

I have subsequently spoken to my TA (who is actually on annual leave but very kindly responded to an email I sent her) and have booked 7 nights departing on 3rd July, balcony + premium drinks package £1,264

This sailing had a 30% NHS discount as opposed to 10% on the departures in June. Hopefully the weather will be a bit better too 🤞

3 hours ago, bigeck said:

Has everyone jumped ship.

Am I the only one doing Anthem

I’ve just booked the Virtuosa (1st time with MSC) and L&S’d my Anthem cruise on 4th June to next year. 

Hoping to book the Anthem though for August this year providing RC is not asking for silly money!