Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

Bookings open 3pm 7th April.

We will be booking - as are my wife's parents , and 2 other members of our family.

I don't care if it rains for 7 days and if I never get off the ship - it will be a relaxing break on a ship we like - someone will be cooking our meals , making our beds etc - Given what we have all endured this past year it will be heaven on earth.

I mentioned it to my mother-in-law and the response came back that they were upstairs packing lol!

They view it as a very safe environment , and close to home should there be any issues , health or otherwise.

My travel agent will be ready to go at 3pm next Wednesday!

• Like 3

On 3/29/2021 at 7:14 AM, Billy Baltic said:

Also, be aware that CWC stops before Summer 2022 sailings so no reprice option. 

I’ve been looking at using a US based TA to allow reprice and refundable deposits for next year but haven’t found one I like yet. 

You might consider a Canada based TA as well. I think they can book you and you would get the same reprice ability as in the USA.

Good luck as a good TA is worth their weight in gold.

Tom

Edited by notmyrealnameoremail
typo

44 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

Its a pretty depressing place to be from where we were about 12 months ago before all this started.

Its like maximum security prisoners looking forward to their 30 minute walk around the yard in the sunlight. 

Remember, cruising is optional. Lockdown isn't 

• Like 1

Guest BigRoger
58 minutes ago, bigeck said:

Remember, cruising is optional. Lockdown isn't 

Too true, just as is choosing to have a positive outlook of the future! Or negative view of the past....

I started previously not liking these Moania post but now I love them... and laugh so much each time... I have picture tony Hancock or victor meldrew posting them! (Showing my age....)

4 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

Lol.

Liverpool.... ugh

Belfast - Post Cold War Concrete jungle

Scotland - Cold, Wet, and where exactly?

Welcome to HMS Wind Rain and Sea. 

I think i prefer sailing to the Sunny weather and dropping anchor. 

I liken this cruise to those times you are day 1 or 2 sailing to the Med and 90% of the ship is sitting in Cafe Promenade fighting over seats as on deck its like something out of Deadliest Catch on the bering sea. 

Pandamonia

How rude!! How dare you describe my home city as 'Belfast - Post Cold War Concrete jungle'

Keep your incorrect and ignorant opinions to yourself!!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Pandamonia

How rude!! How dare you describe my home city as 'Belfast - Post Cold War Concrete jungle'

I visited Belfast in Dec 2019, it was cold, wet and windy and we loved it.  A trip to Giants Causeway was one of the best things we’ve ever done seeing it looking so wild. I’d go back to Belfast any day.

• Like 2

Anyone any idea when itineraries and pricing will be released?

I'm assuming we will get a look at it prior to bookings opening.

Also from Northern Ireland here , by the way - some of the most spectacular scenery in the world just an hour or 2 from Belfast.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

Anyone any idea when itineraries and pricing will be released?

I'm assuming we will get a look at it prior to bookings opening.

Also from Northern Ireland here , by the way - some of the most spectacular scenery in the world just an hour or 2 from Belfast.

In the email received this morning it says available to book from 7th April. In the same flyer it also mentions Portugal along with Belfast and Ocean Getaways, so maybe they will include some with a stop in Portugal? 

Glad they cancelled through to the end of August, that's meant we could lift and shift to next year - as next year is currently 250% what we're paying for this year, that's a good result!

Otherwise not fussed about the UK sailings.... as I'm 49 it's not likely I'll get my first dose of vaccine until May now, so that means August to be fully vaccinated. We have an October sailing booked too that I hope will actually be able to do somewhere close to its original itinerary to Spain.

Plus we'll be able to read in advance all the moans about restrictions on board the UK trips to keep us entertained, you know they're coming!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, newxmascruiser said:

Just read they are giving 999 places for free UK cruises available for NHS and emergency services workers as part of a ballot.

Lovely touch!

Where did you read this? I work for the NHS and have not had a proper break for well over 12 months (as I’m sure others haven’t either) so a free UK cruise would go down a treat! 

I’ve received an email this morning from RC regarding the new Anthem cruises around the UK starting in July but not one cancelling our cruise departing on 4th June 🙄

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Where did you read this? I work for the NHS and have not had a proper break for well over 12 months (as I’m sure others haven’t either) so a free UK cruise would go down a treat! 

I’ve received an email this morning from RC regarding the new Anthem cruises around the UK starting in July but not one cancelling our cruise departing on 4th June 🙄

From their press release:
To be eligible for one of the free sailings, UK residents must be able to show proof of an official Blue Light Card, which is available to those working in the emergency services, NHS, social care sector and armed forces. Free sailings can be secured by pre-registering through the Royal Caribbean International website starting 13th April 2021. Pre-registrations will be entered into a ballot to be drawn by the end of April. Further terms, conditions and information on how to pre-register for the free sailings will be available from 7th April on the Royal Caribbean website.

• Like 2

Just now, little britain said:

From their press release:
To be eligible for one of the free sailings, UK residents must be able to show proof of an official Blue Light Card, which is available to those working in the emergency services, NHS, social care sector and armed forces. Free sailings can be secured by pre-registering through the Royal Caribbean International website starting 13th April 2021. Pre-registrations will be entered into a ballot to be drawn by the end of April. Further terms, conditions and information on how to pre-register for the free sailings will be available from 7th April on the Royal Caribbean website.

Thank you for that 👍👍

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

In the email received this morning it says available to book from 7th April. In the same flyer it also mentions Portugal along with Belfast and Ocean Getaways, so maybe they will include some with a stop in Portugal? 

I think that’s another “intern” glitch.... the press release specifically only mentions UK ports! 

26 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

MSC have been doing something similar here in Europe offering 2nd pax free for people in the healthcare sector so that's something you might want to watch out for too if they decide to offer it on their UK cruises as well.

Hope you manage to get something.

2 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Pandamonia

I picked up a car from the Bavarian BMW and it was pretty grim place to drive through to be honest. Im sure there are some better parts but the bit i went to was pretty awful. Even so not a place id pay to visit on holiday. 

1 hour ago, CaroleC said:

Oh fingers crossed for you.

You and all of your colleagues deserve a treat for sure!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

MSC have been doing something similar here in Europe offering 2nd pax free for people in the healthcare sector so that's something you might want to watch out for too if they decide to offer it on their UK cruises as well.

Hope you manage to get something.

@CaroleC https://www.msccruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/health-workers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liverpoolfan181 said:

We are booked on September 23 sailing- confirming changes/cancellations apply only until end of August at this time?

Correct. From Royal's website https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates: 

"Anthem of the Seas June 4 to August 29, 2021: Instead of offering European sailings, Anthem of the Seas will now offer Ocean Getaways and British Isles itineraries from Southampton exclusively for UK residents."

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, little britain said:

Thank you so much for the link. Although we’re usually loyal to RC, I really like the look of the Virtuosa and I would guess the prices are going to be a lot lower than on the Anthem in the summer.

I’m currently waiting for an email cancelling Anthem on 4th June but I’m keeping my fingers crossed for 9th October (Canary Islands) which was a L&S from last year.

Anthem UK Itineraries:

For anyone wondering, here are the itineraries for Anthem’s 2021 UK Cruises, according to the Royal App. The first sailing departs on 7th July, with the last departing on 29th August. 😀

7th July - 4 Night Ocean Getaway Cruise (No Ports)

11th July - 4 Night Ocean Getaway Cruise (No Ports)

15th July - 5 Night British Isles Cruise (Belfast, Northern Ireland -> Kirkwall, Scotland)

20th July - 5 Night British Isles Cruise (Greenock, Scotland -> Kirkwall, Scotland)

25th July - 7 Night British Isles Cruise (Belfast, Northern Ireland -> Kirkwall, Scotland)

1st August - 6 Night British Isles Cruise (Belfast, Northern Ireland -> Liverpool, England)

7th August - 8 Night British Isles Cruise (Kirkwall, Scotland -> Liverpool, England -> Belfast, Northern Ireland -> Greenock, Scotland)

15th August - 8 Night British Isles Cruise (Inverness, Scotland -> Kirkwall, Scotland -> Liverpool, England -> Greenock, Scotland)

23rd August - 6 Night British Isles Cruise (Liverpool, England -> Belfast, Northern Ireland)

29th August - 7 Night British Isles Cruise (Belfast, Northern Ireland -> Liverpool, England)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Anthem UK Itineraries:

For anyone wondering, here are the itineraries for Anthem’s 2021 UK Cruises, according to the Royal App. The first sailing departs on 7th July, with the last departing on 29th August. 😀

7th July - 4 Night Ocean Getaway Cruise (No Ports)

11th July - 4 Night Ocean Getaway Cruise (No Ports)

15th July - 5 Night British Isles Cruise (Belfast, Northern Ireland -> Kirkwall, Scotland)

20th July - 5 Night British Isles Cruise (Greenock, Scotland -> Kirkwall, Scotland)

25th July - 7 Night British Isles Cruise (Belfast, Northern Ireland -> Kirkwall, Scotland)

1st August - 6 Night British Isles Cruise (Belfast, Northern Ireland -> Liverpool, England)

7th August - 8 Night British Isles Cruise (Kirkwall, Scotland -> Liverpool, England -> Belfast, Northern Ireland -> Greenock, Scotland)

15th August - 8 Night British Isles Cruise (Inverness, Scotland -> Kirkwall, Scotland -> Liverpool, England -> Greenock, Scotland)

23rd August - 6 Night British Isles Cruise (Liverpool, England -> Belfast, Northern Ireland)

29th August - 7 Night British Isles Cruise (Belfast, Northern Ireland -> Liverpool, England)

Thanks for posting

25 July and 15th August for me

• Like 2