The View From Inside

jetsfan58

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

A male hostess.🤣

You're very silly. But, really, what is a host? It's not a term in cruising that I'm familiar with. I've only been on about ten cruises.

10 minutes ago, clo said:

You're very silly. But, really, what is a host? It's not a term in cruising that I'm familiar with. I've only been on about ten cruises.

Methinks the poster was referring to a "Host" on CC. They are the moderators for the site.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 10:28 PM, pris993 said:

I have never booked an inside and would never in the future, Covid has nothing to do with it.  I just like fresh air, so prefer a balcony to boot.

I booked one Inside and said never again,two balconies and said never again,one porthole and said never again. My preference is OV.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Who do the CC Hosts report to ?

The Secret Society of Forum Moderators.  😀

In truth, I have a lot of respect for the hosts.  I could never put up with the nonsense they must have to endure.    

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ldubs said:

The Secret Society of Forum Moderators.  😀

In truth, I have a lot of respect for the hosts.  I could never put up with the nonsense they must have to endure.    

I posted regularly on another cruise board for many years.There the hosts were referred to as Moderators and many of them let their title go to their heads .They permanently removed hundreds of people .

48 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I posted regularly on another cruise board for many years.There the hosts were referred to as Moderators and many of them let their title go to their heads .They permanently removed hundreds of people .

How did that work out for the other board?  Cancel too many people and the community may die out!

Edited by SelectSys

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

There the hosts were referred to as Moderators and many of them let their title go to their heads .They permanently removed hundreds of people .

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

The site closed down about five years ago. The regulars there were not as nice as the people who post on CC.

Hmmm....and just maybe there was a correlation? 

the view from inside ???

I think the view depends on having a window....

Inside cabins.... question do people who stay  in these cabins .?

Always sleep in a dark room... draw the curtains... as they can't sleep in light room,

Or do they use night lights.....      are they similar to submariners.. and live without daylight...

Just wondering...... or is it simply Money.....

Myself a cabin without a window... one would simply not go...

Have been window cabins on overnight ferries.... but a cruise at least a balcony....

On older princess ships  28% are interior,  16% with a window  leaving 56% with a balcony

But it is each to his or hers own.....

On 3/2/2021 at 9:16 AM, clo said:

I thought that was a no-no. That it can mess up the heating/cooling for multiple cabins. ??

Never had our cabin steward say anything.  Would guess if outside temperature very hot maybe a problem.  We enjoy fresh air so have open during day time when not windy and when we are using our balcony. 

26 minutes ago, pris993 said:

Never had our  steward say anything.  Would guess if outside temperature very hot maybe a problem.  We enjoy fresh air so have open during day time when not windy and when we are using our balcony. 

Here's the technical info from a pro in the business. Might be a good idea to consider this.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2773345-the-view-from-inside/?do=findComment&comment=60839967

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pris993 said:

Never had our cabin steward say anything.  Would guess if outside temperature very hot maybe a problem.  We enjoy fresh air so have open during day time when not windy and when we are using our balcony. 

12 hours ago, clo said:

Here's the technical info from a pro in the business. Might be a good idea to consider this.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2773345-the-view-from-inside/?do=findComment&comment=60839967

Clo, you forget, some people are just special when it comes to consideration for others. 

18 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

the view from inside ???

I think the view depends on having a window....

Inside cabins.... question do people who stay  in these cabins .?

Always sleep in a dark room... draw the curtains... as they can't sleep in light room,

Or do they use night lights.....      are they similar to submariners.. and live without daylight...

Just wondering...... or is it simply Money.....

Myself a cabin without a window... one would simply not go...

Have been window cabins on overnight ferries.... but a cruise at least a balcony....

On older princess ships  28% are interior,  16% with a window  leaving 56% with a balcony

But it is each to his or hers own.....

Maybe an inside would be good in the far north in the land of the midnight sun!  😀

It has been said here on CC several times by a lot of folks that they do not spend a lot of time in their cabins, so it isn't an issue.  Overall I'm sure cost has to be the major factor (excluding vampires of course!😀).   I've read here that insides are attractive to solo travelers because of the single premiums.  Others say they spend less on the cabin in favor of other things like excursions.      

15 hours ago, pris993 said:

14 hours ago, clo said:

2 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

Clo, you forget, some people are just special when it comes to consideration for others. 

Does the cruise line post rules on the use of the patio doors?  Like "door must remain closed" or something?   If not, and it is a problem, how would people know.  

7 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Does the cruise line post rules on the use of the patio doors?  Like "door must remain closed" or something?   If not, and it is a problem, how would people know.  

I seem to recall a small sign on or beside the balcony door asking that the door not be left open. But that may not be on all ships. It should be, IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

So special. And let's face it sometimes there are rules that make no sense. But here we have an explanation that gives the info needed to do the right thing. Maybe the cabin's stewards should have little cards explaining what the deal is and leave it for the offenders.

11 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I would think if this was as important as implied here, there would be a note in the daily newsletter, like cruise lines do on many other important matters.  Do not recall any such notice.

Once when we were on a cruise, we had a very warm cabin, no matter what setting we set the temperature at, cabin remained warm.  We called maintenance.  Discovered when checedk, we discovered whoever used cabin earlier was too cold and had maintenance stuff the vents with installation.  Once the installation was removed cabin was comfortable.   Given this experience I would suggest if folks have problems with temperature in cabin have maintenance check their cabin out. 

I don't really seen the need to keep the balcony door closed unless there is a big different between inside and outside temperatures.    I really don't like air conditioning.  I keep the temperature in our cabin set at the lowest setting for heat so I don't have the air conditioning going.