[Radiance o/t Seas] Any loungers on regular balconies besides aft?

Hello Royal friends!

I am not too familiar with RCCL so please help me out! :classic_biggrin: On Radiance, aft balconies appear to have 2 loungers and a large sized balcony. Are there any regular balconies (i.e. starboard/port) with those too? Oh and any chance for an Amplified Radiance by 2022?

Thanks! :classic_happy:

35 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Hello Royal friends!

I am not too familiar with RCCL so please help me out! :classic_biggrin: On Radiance, aft balconies appear to have 2 loungers and a large sized balcony. Are there any regular balconies (i.e. starboard/port) with those too? Oh and any chance for an Amplified Radiance by 2022?

Thanks! :classic_happy:

Regular Balcony, no, not enough room anyway. Now Deck 7 has some deeper Balcony's though no Loungers on them

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

Think we had a wider balcony on the Serenade (not sure but definitely this class), last cabin before the aft cabins and we asked for lounges and they supplied.  They were older lounges, but didn’t care.  I think it was 9654.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I thought they had chair and foot stool ?? A long time since I've been in a balcony.

Yes, a chair.  Some have a foot stool. Because of the size of the balcony we were able to get the lounges in addition to the regular chairs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Missusdubbya said:

I think some of the hump balconies deck 9/8 have loungers? @PCWalton1 did you once have a hump balcony on Radiance class with a lounger?

OP I have requested loungers on larger balconies in the past and have received them.

I thought we did with 9092 on Radiance back in 2017 but I looked up the picture and there was only chairs

9ef711dde78b84df25d2088b2e27d17c.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Missusdubbya said:

I think some of the hump balconies deck 9/8 have loungers? @PCWalton1 did you once have a hump balcony on Radiance class with a lounger?

OP I have requested loungers on larger balconies in the past and have received them.

Thanks, forgot about those few each Deck. Can request, some Room Attendants go further then others. Might take a day

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Thanks, forgot about those few each Deck. Can request, some Room Attendants go further then others. Might take a day

We got loungers delivered to our CP balcony on Oasis. Had one of the wide ones next to living wall.

20210309_193951.thumb.jpg.7e9a135e77bd034320399887d5adcef7.jpg

Never hurts to ask 'nicely'

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We had 7592 on Radiance in 2014 and asked Room Steward if we could get a lounger as we had an oversize balcony.

Later that day we returned to cabin to find TWO loungers 🙂 

One would have probably been enough in reality.

Ask nicely, never know 'til you try.

See pics on cruisedeckplans.com

• Like 1

Oh and by the way, in this 2019 walk around this guy just walks past an open gate to the helipad at 5:08 in the video.. (and on the way back the opposite gate is closed :classic_huh:). Is this still allowed, is it open anytime during the day? We all love helipad sailaways, especially if they are without a invitation? :classic_biggrin:

20 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Oh and by the way, in this 2019 walk around this guy just walks past an open gate to the helipad at 5:08 in the video.. (and on the way back the opposite gate is closed :classic_huh:). Is this still allowed, is it open anytime during the day? We all love helipad sailaways, especially if they are without a invitation? :classic_biggrin:

Yes.  Except for private parties or weather issues or some captains close it at night.  

Edited by njkruzer
Add something.
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

We have had 8088 and similar deep balconies on the hump many times.  If the loungers were not there I just got a couple from the deck.  It was easier than asking the room steward.    

Easier?  Not schlepping one around.  Room attendant was very agreeable and he got someone to do the schlepping!

1 hour ago, Blizzard54 said:

We have had 8088 and similar deep balconies on the hump many times.  If the loungers were not there I just got a couple from the deck.  It was easier than asking the room steward.    

I've done the same.  you do get some strange looks as you are carrying a lounger down the passenger corridor.

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I've done the same.  you do get some strange looks as you are carrying a lounger down the passenger corridor.

The cabin is right next to the elevator.  The strange looks are when putting them in the elevator.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

Great initiative 😁