Gift Card Refund from a Cancelled Cruise

I_AM_GROOT

For those who used gift cards for anything (paying cruise or FUN Shop) how long did it take to get new gift card issued? I was told mine was processed on the 2nd of March, but I have yet to see anything coming my way via FedEx, UPS or the USPS.

1 hour ago, I_AM_GROOT said:

For those who used gift cards for anything (paying cruise or FUN Shop) how long did it take to get new gift card issued? I was told mine was processed on the 2nd of March, but I have yet to see anything coming my way via FedEx, UPS or the USPS.

Mine was less than a week. I was pleasantly surprised when it showed up at my door. 

Gift card replacements from my first cancelled cruise took many months.  I don't remember exactly but I think around six months.

Gift card replacements for my second cancelled cruise were received quickly - under 2 months.

I have yet to receive anything from my cancelled April 2021 cruise.

I'm glad you asked and I'm glad to see the answers.  I plan to start getting AARP gift cards for my November cruise.  (Or that's the theory--no plan ever seems to go off without a hitch anymore, either with gift cards or cruising.)  

I don't trust Carnival at all at this point since they were claiming before I never had such money. Hopefully they send them soon! I'll give them till April then start calling them to figure it out. Wish they would have just put the gift cards on the new cruise instead of sending me new plastic. Waste of shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

Checked again on gift card refunds for cruise that Carnival cancelled in January.  They said that funds were released in February to a third party company that processes the gift card refunds.  Problem is with the third party company.  Was told to wait another month and call back if not received by then.  What a run around.